OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:31

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2020, 22:48 

Coming from Palio Expert 2. Looking to understand the difference in rubbers and blade. Which would be more worth it? Looking for something a bit faster. There's about a $20 difference.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2020, 02:00 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Where exactly are you looking at this? Amazon perhaps? Can you provide the links?

These sound like pre-made rackets, but better than the ones you get at Wal-Mart. I doubt any of us would have used the "Mark V" racket, maybe one or two might've tried the "Palio Legend 2" one, but we can probably guess what they're like. Either should work just fine, especially at the beginner level. Technically speaking, the Palio bat would have tacky Chinese rubbers on it and would be slightly slower, while the Mark V would have Mark V rubber on it - this is a 1970s era smooth rubber that should be quite fast (though not as fast as modern rubbers) and faster than the Palio rubbers.

Let me suggest to you a custom-made bat that is at least as good as the Palio, and a little lighter to boot. And probably a LOT cheaper. The problem is you'd have to wait about three weeks to get it, possibly a little longer given that the Chinese New Year holidays is just over and they're a huge backlog of stuff to ship.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1308156861.html

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2020, 02:24 

Thanks for the response. I take it does not come assembled correct?

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2020, 04:47 

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita
FH: Tenergy 05 1.7
BH: Victas P1V 1.0
Following the link provided from iskandar taib I read:

"Sanwei M8 (M 8, M-8) With 2x 729 General table tennis Rubbers With Sponge for one paddle

Assembled ! The two rubbers have already been glued onto this blade !
One side is red, the other side is black. It is one racket when you get the item.

This price is for only ONE racket !"

This should answer your question... Btw: the FS 729 Super FX are awesome rubbers at their price. I guess I could use this setup without dropping much in level.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2020, 02:03 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

That's a combo (blade + rubbers) and it does come assembled by default (though I have, in the past, gotten them to send the blade and rubbers separate and unmounted). If you do a search on AliExpress (Sanwei M8) you'll find the bare blade, and other combos with the same blade. The no-package 729 General Sponge is the same as the "Batwings" rubber I recommended earlier (the recommendation was for the lowest price). The KTL XP is a non-tacky rubber, slightly slower than the 729. The Yasaka ZAP is actually made by Palio, it's an OK non-tacky rubber, probably a little faster than 729. It's no longer "legal" but if you don't play in tournaments it shouldn't matter. You could, if you want to, order the same blade with two sheets of any rubber the same vendor sells, if it's one of the Eachengs (there are seven Eacheng "stores" on AliExpress, two on Ebay and they also sell through Amazon) I'll bet you can talk them into assembling the bat for you. If you've never assembled a bat it's not terribly difficult (lots of YouTube videos) but you'll need stuff you wouldn't need otherwise, such as glue (Elmer's or Best Test Rubber Cement works best in my opinion, if you are in the US).

Iskandar

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!