OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 18:13

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2020, 03:23 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

See what Sanwei has to say.

(I about bust a gut when he.. did.. that... :lol: :lol: :lol: ) Tayjai Plus.. :lol: :lol:

There's some explanation about tacky vs. non-tacky rubbers, and why, in the Chinese scheme of things, they use tacky on the forehand and non-tacky on the backhand. He recommends the Fextra for beginners (it's a Clipperoid, so I don't know if I'd agree.. I think the M8 would be a better choice).

I also came across this earlier:

Looks like T88-Taiji has the same strange shape that Target National has out of the packet. Wonder what else has this shape - it'd make measuring areal density a pain in the rear. Another interesting snippet of information is that Taiji is non-tacky. Looks like he's using low-VOC "organic" speed glue to attach the rubbers.

By the way, the Chiang Mai club has two purple tables like that.. except I thought they were Yinhe. You do get used to it after a short while.

Iskandar

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2020, 03:02 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I've got a sheet of the T88 Taiji coming. There's actually two versions of it - one is in the pink wrapper and costs about $12. This one is cut in the weird shape and has the pink "german" sponge. The other comes in a dark grey package, costs about $9 and comes with a beige sponge which is supposed to be lightweight. It's rectangular, as far as I can tell. Blurb's the same on the back - apparently both are to be used as "backhand rubber".

Iskandar

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2020, 11:50 

Blade: DHS PG7
FH: DHS 651
BH: 1 sided (Red covering)
Those Taiji Rubbers are nice, I really like them

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2020, 00:53 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Anyone else ever evaluate blades by knocking the handle on the side of your head? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2020, 15:00 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
Anyone else ever evaluate blades by knocking the handle on the side of your head? :lol:

Iskandar

One of the members at my club, evaluates blades by lightly smacking the blade-head against his temple ... I tried it a couple of times, noticed that different blades made a different sound, when knocked against the temple .. maybe, thats the logic..