OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 09:04

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: New Blade
PostPosted: 25 May 2020, 07:59 

Location: https://giupviectheogio.com/giup-viec-theo-gio-quan-3.html
Hello all! I'm totally new, so please forgive any and all lingo mistakes :?:

I just purchased a Stiga Evolution Blade (Paddle?).

My question is - is it supposed to smell like spray paint???

I work in for and Environmental Consulting firm and when I opened this thing the smell was so pervasive we decided to test it. It read over 700 ppm on a PID, which is almost harmful to human health... Is this kind of offgassing normal?

My second question is about the paper strip that runs around the perimeter of the blade. Brand new out of the package this strip is already separated, or bubbled up, in several places. I'm not talking about the rubber, that seems securely fastened to the blade, but the paper strip is already coming loose. Is this strip necessary? Is my 'nice' paddle from Academy actually a cheaply made rip-off? Thanks!

Post subject: Re: New Blade
PostPosted: 26 May 2020, 11:56 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Stiga Evolution blade? Did it come with the rubbers attached?? What rubbers came with it? A very strong paint smell isn't normal, though there usually is a smell (mainly of wood if a bare blade). As you know, at tournaments they test rackets for volatile organics, and your bat can be declared unusable if the VOC is too high.

The side tape shouldn't be coming off already. Where exactly did you buy this bat from? Amazon? If so, what was the link?

Iskandar

Post subject: Re: New Blade
PostPosted: 27 May 2020, 04:32 

Blade: Yinhe N9s cPen
FH: Yinhe Mercury 2 hard
BH: DHS Skyline 3-60
iskandar taib wrote:
Stiga Evolution blade? Did it come with the rubbers attached?? What rubbers came with it? A very strong paint smell isn't normal, though there usually is a smell (mainly of wood if a bare blade). As you know, at tournaments they test rackets for volatile organics, and your bat can be declared unusable if the VOC is too high.

The side tape shouldn't be coming off already. Where exactly did you buy this bat from? Amazon? If so, what was the link?

Iskandar
Just a new kid having his first meeting with chinese made rubbers. As we all know, Stiga is almost a chinese brand, the rubbers of this premade racket are made in China (despite that are probably some ESN like rubbers) and they have that specific smell, which some new players find very disgusting, but I love it.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk