OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 13:51

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2021, 22:23 

Blade: Tibhar lebesson
FH: Xiom vega europe 2.0
BH: Stiga DNA future 2.1
ootbs wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:
My suggestion is, given what it costs, to just get a sheet of AK47 Blue and try it. Blue is the middle one in terms of hardness - I forget which one is softer - the red or the yellow. The other one would be softer. As mentioned earlier - blue would be harder than the CJ8000 mentioned (it came in a dizzying variety of sponges - the topsheets were supposed to be all the same but there is evidence they actually sold three different topsheets, at least they used to).
Iskandar

Wait ... I thought, in terms of sponge-hardness, the AK-47 Yellow (40° - 42° sits in between the Blue (Softest @ °38 - 40°), and the Red (45° - 47°) ... can anyone confirm ...

iskandar taib wrote:
If you now want to know whether you should get the blue, the red or the yellow AK47 - heck, they're cheap enough, get all three... :lol: You'll still spend a lot less than if you bought one sheet of Tackiness. I'll add my usual caveat - chances are if you mount ANY of two of these rubbers on different sides of the same blade you'll be hard pressed to tell which is which - in the end rubber matters a lot less than you think it does.
Iskandar

I agree with Iskander, in that they're rather cheap ... However, there is a notice'able difference between the 3 .. I own all 3 - The Red is clearly the hardest and fastest ... The Yellow, seems just a tad springy'er than the blue ../

I actualy have allready ak47 blue and to me it is a slightly slower ROZENA and lighter. The purpose of my post was to learn about cj8000 .I play with tack chop2 in my backhand and need an equal but cheaper rubber or slighty faster .the speed i m looking for is between tac chop2 and stiga mendo.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2021, 08:48 

Blade: Nittaku ANV WN
FH: DHS 652 1,8 red
BH: Yinhe Pluto 1,0 black
Hi,
seems you have a problem with the plastic ball, not with the rubber itself.
You tested so many rubbers, it is not possible that something matches.
Btw Palio CJ8000 Biotech is speedwise like a turtle.
In general, with the plastic ball you must move two numbers faster. If you played a off- combi with celluloid, go for a off or off+ setting.
What remains is training.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2021, 19:25 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

ootbs wrote:

Wait ... I thought, in terms of sponge-hardness, the AK-47 Yellow (40° - 42° sits in between the Blue (Softest @ °38 - 40°), and the Red (45° - 47°) ... can anyone confirm ...

You're most probably right - I was writing from memory. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2021, 19:30 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

vc15 wrote:
I actualy have allready ak47 blue and to me it is a slightly slower ROZENA and lighter. The purpose of my post was to learn about cj8000 .I play with tack chop2 in my backhand and need an equal but cheaper rubber or slighty faster .the speed i m looking for is between tac chop2 and stiga mendo.

In that case, I'd suggest getting a few sheets of CJ8000 of various hardness and trying them all.. Even cheaper than AK47.. :lol:

Not sure what Tackiness Chop 2 is like, the original Tackiness Chop was so slow I found it unuseable. Mendo would be similar to Sriver or Mark V. Sounds like you want something REALLY slow - try a sheet of Reactor Ckylin.. THAT is REALLY slow ("Chinese Blue Fire" my foot.. :lol: ).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2021, 19:45 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
vc15 wrote:
Sounds like you want something REALLY slow - try a sheet of Reactor Ckylin.. THAT is REALLY slow ("Chinese Blue Fire" my foot.. :lol: ).
Iskandar

Reactor - "Chinese Blue Fire" ... ahahahahha.....good one!! which stand-up act did you hear that from ?

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2021, 01:40 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

That's how they describe it on the back of the packet.

:lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2021, 15:01 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
That's how they describe it on the back of the packet.

:lol:

Iskandar

The write-up also mentioned After 3 laborious years of research....

So, even after spending 3 years on intense research, they still didn't get it right ... :lol: it's miles away from anything even remotely close to BlueFire.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2021, 02:07 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I think the best description for it would be "really grippy anti". :lol: Might be good for blocking balls short..

I was SOOOOO excited when I ordered it. Couldn't wait to see what it was like. I actually got three sheets - there was a small pore version and a large pore version (REALLY BIG PORES too..) so I had to try both.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2022, 19:31 

Hi,
regarding Upgrade From Palio cj8000 Biotech 36-38:
I just switched to Palio CJ8000 Biotech 40-42 2.2mm.
It is way faster (both in normal play and top speed). Control, spin and throw angle are the same. Just a little heavier. Using the same blade. Needed almost no time to adjust.

Last edited by noname_tt on 12 Dec 2022, 02:11, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2022, 20:30 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Nice thing about cheap Chinese rubber is that it's cheap - and therefore it doesn't cost much to try something on a whim.. :lol:

Iskandar