OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:07

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2020, 04:11 
Super User

Hello,

I just sold my older Butterfly Centrefold 25 table (with the red frame) and ordered an Octet 25 as its replacement. I haven’t received the new table yet, and I have a few questions for anyone that has experience with it.

1) How difficult was assembly? Did it require 2 or more people to put together?

2) Does it have locks/brakes on the caster wheels? From the pictures online, it looks like it does not. If that’s the case, do you have any issues with the table moving during play if it is bumped?

3) When setting up the table for play, do the two sides “clip” or “snap” together in the middle creating a uniform gap between the two sides every time or do you simply push them together with no gap between the two sides? My older Centrefold had a weakened hinge after many years of use, and the gap between the two sides was always a little different each time I set it up, which annoyed me on such an expensive table. I actually had to use the clamp of the net to keep the proper gap in place so the table would be the regulation length of 9ft.

I appreciate any help you guys can provide me!

Thanks, CK

USATT Rating: 2013

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!