OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 18:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 07 May 2021, 07:46 

Blade: Donic Dotec Impuls
FH: Glayzer 09C 1.9mm
BH: Diabolic Special
Finally getting back to club play, it's been a hard, long difficult time for the whole world.

Being in EJ mode through the entirety of the shut down, I've finally found my new forehand (when I'm not twiddling) rubber:

CounterStrike Autopilot.

It is actually designed for chopping, which it excels at but also suit my combination flat hit kill style just fine. I'm going to add chopping to my game, because it's so natural and fun to do with this rubber.

Please forgive the lighting, background light and the difficulty in general of the filming quality. I swear to God, the facility that houses the Palm Desert table tennis club must have thought, "Let's give these freaks the worst possible room to play in, and they'll go away!" No such luck, ten years and counting. The Autopilot is on my black side, the red is Yinhe's Neptune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX2URpewAnA

PostPosted: 12 May 2021, 00:24 

Great LP touch although thats some illegal serve by that penholder. Can you compare this CS rubber to another rubber for reference?

PostPosted: 12 May 2021, 16:31 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I thought this was a joke at first, since I'd never heard of this brand. But I checked the LARC, it is indeed there. Checked Paddle Palace, they don't sell it (I did "discover" Tenergy 19, though, as a result..). Who sells it?

As far as illegal serves go - most places around here people don't care.. :lol: All these service rules are fairly new anyhow, and there are still people playing to 21 points.. :lol: Most of these people haven't even seen a hidden serve, even, since they learned to play a long time ago, when Guo Yue Hua was playing. It's mainly westerners who call out "illegal serves"...

Iskandar

PostPosted: 14 May 2021, 10:50 

CounterStrike mainly sells from there own website, cstabletennis.com

I don't worry too much about illegal serves unless I'm playing in a tournament and then only if the serves give me trouble.

I've witnessed many tournament players calling a ref over only to find their own serves are less than legal.

If I could film in a reasonable room or knew how to edit, I'd take some footage of me chopping with it. Autopilot is great for chopping, hitting and everything in-between for my game. I'll try to get some better videos up.

I'm in love with my Yinhe Neptune long pips!

My old inverted rubber was Nittaku's Moristo DF 1.3mm.

Autopilot blows the control and spin away! I can easily flat hit a deep chop serve if I read the spin pretty close to correct.

I'm coming back from a broken foot so chopping and moving well may be a month or so out.

My current goal is to lose some matches.

I need to be able to have either surface or either side and be able to handle any spin, speed or shot.

If you watch close you can see I only twiddle my paddle during service return.

So I need to play some matches with the long pips strictly on my forehand (a lot of scooping, lifting, and slide attacking) and my new controllable Autopilot strictly on my backhand (chopping, looping, and hitting).

Boy, some of my future club matches are going to be rough!

Wonder if I have the guts to film those matches, ha!

PostPosted: 14 May 2021, 10:52 

www.cstabletennis.com

PostPosted: 19 May 2021, 13:45 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Thanks! Very interesting. I guess they join Gambler as a US company selling its own brand rubber. Looks like they just got started, too. By the way, does it say where the rubber is made on the packet?

Iskandar