OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:37

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2021, 04:55 

Hi! I'm in the market for a premium, portable outdoor table tennis table. I don't really have room indoors, and my garage gets pretty hot - making an indoor table option infeasible. I have a well paved front yard where I can place the outdoor table, but I'm prepared to fold it up and stow it away after each playing session. I'd say I'm an advanced player but not pro level as it has been many years since I have played seriously. I want a really good, durable table that comes as close as possible to the indoor playing experience.

I went to a dealer today and I tried out a few tables. The cornilleau 600x (7mm resin table top) was far too slow for me. The 700x (8 mm thickness) was quite a bit better. However they had quite a few plasticy parts and had bells and whistles that I did not really care for. They did not have the Cornilleau 740 long life for me to try, but I would imagine it's even better than the 700x as the table top thickness is 9 mm.

I also tried the Kettler outdoor 15, which has a 10 mm table top. I was very impressed by it as the speed and the feel came very close to an indoor table as far as I can recall. To me it was better than the 700x.

I have decided to narrow my choices down to the Kettler outdoor 15 versus the cornilleau 740 long life. As I mentioned, I did not get to try the latter. The French brand, at $2250 USD, has a 10-year warranty on everything. The German brand, at 2400 USD, has a 10-year limited warranty on the table top, and a 5-year limited residential warranty on the frame, whatever that means. The prices are too close for it to be a material factor.

There don't seem to be a lot of credible reviews / videos available online. I would value any opinions and advice that can help with my decision making. Thank you so much in advance!

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2021, 05:49 

If you're prepared to fold it after each session why not get an indoor table. End of the day he story.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2021, 08:40 

JulianTT wrote:
If you're prepared to fold it after each session why not get an indoor table. End of the day he story.

Oh there are sprinklers and stuff near my courtyard so there's every chance that it could get hit by a few drops of water. Plus, like I said it gets really hot in my garage so a regular indoor table would be susceptible to warping.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2021, 18:39 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I don't think an outdoor table is going to perform anywhere close to an indoor competition table.

Indoor tables of thickness ~18mm or more won't warp, so that's not an issue if you get an indoor one. Also heat I don't think is a problem for indoor tables at all, it's moisture that causes the problems.

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2021, 08:34 

haggisv wrote:
I don't think an outdoor table is going to perform anywhere close to an indoor competition table.

Indoor tables of thickness ~18mm or more won't warp, so that's not an issue if you get an indoor one. Also heat I don't think is a problem for indoor tables at all, it's moisture that causes the problems.

Thank you! What about direct sunlight? If I get something like the butterfly centerfold 25, and playing direct sunlight will the table hold up? The place I have earmarked outdoors get s plenty of direct sunlight.

Best

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2022, 12:56 

Blade: Gewo Flexxon
FH: MXP
BH: Tribhar Evolution EL-S
simplyvijay wrote:
Hi! I'm in the market for a premium, portable outdoor table tennis table. I don't really have room indoors, and my garage gets pretty hot - making an indoor table option infeasible. I have a well paved front yard where I can place the outdoor table, but I'm prepared to fold it up and stow it away after each playing session. I'd say I'm an advanced player but not pro level as it has been many years since I have played seriously. I want a really good, durable table that comes as close as possible to the indoor playing experience.

I went to a dealer today and I tried out a few tables. The cornilleau 600x (7mm resin table top) was far too slow for me. The 700x (8 mm thickness) was quite a bit better. However they had quite a few plasticy parts and had bells and whistles that I did not really care for. They did not have the Cornilleau 740 long life for me to try, but I would imagine it's even better than the 700x as the table top thickness is 9 mm.

I also tried the Kettler outdoor 15, which has a 10 mm table top. I was very impressed by it as the speed and the feel came very close to an indoor table as far as I can recall. To me it was better than the 700x.

I have decided to narrow my choices down to the Kettler outdoor 15 versus the cornilleau 740 long life. As I mentioned, I did not get to try the latter. The French brand, at $2250 USD, has a 10-year warranty on everything. The German brand, at 2400 USD, has a 10-year limited warranty on the table top, and a 5-year limited residential warranty on the frame, whatever that means. The prices are too close for it to be a material factor.

There don't seem to be a lot of credible reviews / videos available online. I would value any opinions and advice that can help with my decision making. Thank you so much in advance!

I'd recommend you The Cornilleau. It is truly premium table tennis and portable.
https://pingpongacademy.org/best-outdoo ... /#product5 I am sure it will work well as both an indoor or outdoor ping pong table if you want. Although it is said that the surface is satisfactory, it may be improved. The surface thickness is insufficient for serious or high-level play.