OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 19:33

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2021, 05:39 

Hello, im an amateur player, just started playing again after years of not playing and i want to buy my first custom paddle.

My play-style is offensive and so far i want to get a DHS Power G7 OFF+ / DHS Wind Blade W3010 but i cant decide if i should get DHS HURRICANE 3 NEO on both sides or H3 NEO on FH and DHS SKYLINE 3 on BH and im not even sure if thats a good combination.

My budget is ~95$ and im open to any recommandations, i mainly want to buy them from a local shop in my country in a budget of 400 lei ( https://pingpongshop.ro/3-fete# for rubbers and https://pingpongshop.ro/4-lemne# for woods) so i will gladly apprreciate if someone experienced could take a look and make any recommandations :D

Another thing that im not sure is if it is worth it going with chinese rubbers instead of european, as some people told me to get at least 1 euro rubber on the BH.

Thanks in advance

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2021, 15:37 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I'd think you could save yourself quite a bit of money and buy something a little less expensive. USD50 should be plenty for a good blade and two sheets of Chinese rubber. You could probably get by spending less than USD30 to be honest (if you order from China). What else is available where you live? A OFF+ blade seems a little fast for most people, I'd think. Get a ALL to OFF- blade to begin with. Hurricane rubbers also feel slow (though they're not slow if you really put some energy into the strokes), they also cost more than you need to pay. I'd look into getting something in the $5-10 a sheet range - there are a LOT of sheets you could use. Yinhe Mercury II, 729 Super FX, Palio AK47, even Reactor Corbor or 729 Batwings or Kokutaku 868.

Looking at the links provided, though - apparently this shop only sells Andro, Der Materialspezialist, Barna Original and DHS - nothing else. If that's the case I'd suggest one of the cheaper DHS rubbers - PF4 should be the equivalent of 729 Batwings/Reactor Corbor. There is Andro Upgrade, though - can't say I've ever heard of it before.. :lol: I get the impression that 4 lei = 1 USD, so Upgrade will cost USD12.50 or so. There's not much choice in relatively inexpensive blades, either - I suppose the ALL+ DHS Wind would be the obvious choice (about USD25). No idea what it weighs or what it plays like, since I've never had one.

Iskandar

Last edited by iskandar taib on 08 Jul 2021, 15:51, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2021, 15:48 
Super User

Hi,

Welcome back to the game ..

You've not mentioned much about your play-style ... The Hurricance Neo 3 is a capable rubber.. I've played with it, and preferred it on my BH .. Excellent spin, control, jabs, blocks, and even flat-attacks. I feel, it's a kind of do-it-all rubber, if you have proper technique, play close, or mid distance to the table. To generate power, you'll need to put in power.. I like this feature, where, the output = input, in terms of power.

That being said - You should opt for a rubber that suits your style of play .. The HN3 is good, but may not suit your style.. If you have played with it (or other similar Chinese-style tacky rubbers), then go for it.. I also recommend Chinese tacky rubbers ,for developing players.. I feel, these rubbers demand good stroke technique, and footwork.

If you want something more forgiving, then I'd say, go for Euro-Jap style non-tensor rubbers.