OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:06

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2021, 21:02 

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum

So I've been playing TT since the 4th semester in college and only in the 6th I stopped pushing balls and started learning proper strokes.

I'm a fresh graduate right now, and I've been using a Doublefish premade for a year and I'm looking for an upgrade.

I've obviously done some research and found that 5 plys are the most common thing.
(Iskandar's M8, Yinhe E-3, Yinhe Nsomething (9,10,11), Stiga OC, Stiga AC, and so on)

I've also read some information about SP FH players. And my game is similar to it, a backhand with a hitting forehand. It also says that 7plys are best for SPs.

I'm currently thinking of getting a Stiga Clipper, would this be appropriate to learn some inverted strokes then switching to an SP later?

I'm asking this because a local store is offering a Stiga Clipper for an amazing price.

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2021, 15:12 

Blade: stiga carbon dynasty
FH: battle II
BH: tibhar aurus
If you want take it seriously, and can do regular training (I mean 3 to 4 times a week, with a coach or a fixed partner, or at least a serving robot)
then I suggest starting with inverted rubber on both sides util you have built basic form of driving and looping, SP is much more difficult to master with.
If you just play for fun, then it's up to you.
Clipper is more than enough, I also recommend galaxy 437. They are all good for both SP and inverted rubber.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2021, 15:18 

ddoocc wrote:
If you want take it seriously, and can do regular training (I mean 3 to 4 times a week, with a coach or a fixed partner, or at least a serving robot)
then I suggest starting with inverted rubber on both sides util you have built basic form of driving and looping, SP is much more difficult to master with.

That's just exactly what I wanted to do, even better I train 5 days a week with my cousin (He's older and plays it competitively)

Do you think a clipper classic is suited to accomplish this?

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2021, 15:43 

Blade: stiga carbon dynasty
FH: battle II
BH: tibhar aurus
Ixycu wrote:
ddoocc wrote:

That's just exactly what I wanted to do, even better I train 5 days a week with my cousin (He's older and plays it competitively)

Do you think a clipper classic is suited to accomplish this?

Yes, clipper is very good I think.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2021, 20:40 
Super User

+1 For Clipper, along a regular practice..

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2021, 20:48 

A 28$ new genuine Stiga Clipper, the store basically gave up keeping this on the store after 2+ years

My cousin forced me for a
Chinese rubber (729-08ES 49°) for FH
Palio AK47 Yellow for BH

I just hit a session with him this afternoon.

I liked the vibrations, although I don't know what is a good vibrating feeling/soft or hard feeling/flexy stiff and all

But It definitely is very nice and somewhat satisfying

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2021, 00:07 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
Some players know exactly at playing style they are better from very early stage. Most are not. Willing to be a hitter may be not your natural tendency but luck of technique. Short pips FH is a bright style but it is difficult to find a competent coach for it.

Stiga Clipper is a good blade and is not too fast with modern 40+ balls. Stiga Clipper has decent (but not the best, something like various Butterfly ALC/ZLC blades are hotter nowadays) resale value. Stiga Clipper is definitely a classic hitter's blade but it does not mean that you need pips to play fast attack style with Clipper.

So I suggest you to buy the basic classic Clipper for a good price but do not stick short pips to it yet.