OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:08

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2021, 22:51 

Since recently, there is a new booster from Falco called Platinum. I bought it from TT11 after initial positive reviews on a French forum.

I applied it last night on a Blue Sponge Hurricane 3. It is much thicker than the original Falco Long so you have to go easy on the aplication. Because of the higher viscosity it's easy to coat the rubber well. It absorbs slowly, this picture was taken after 15h and you can see some of it is still on the surface. Usually I didn't get much doming from the first layer, but the Platinum seems to have a strong effect and already good doming. I will be applying a second layer and keep you updated. The French poster noted that the effect lasts a long time.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2022, 19:52 

Blade: Re-Impact Chevalier
FH: Victas V22 double extra
BH: Friendship Bloom Spin 1.5
And, how is the second layer? And does it work better than the Falco long booster?

Kind Regards!

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2022, 21:47 

I applied a thinner second layer and it produced more doming but not exagerrated. I also applied it to an used Bartle II in the meantime. I would say that in both cases the first layer produced more doming compared to Falco Tempo Long, but the following layers act about the same. The Platinum is absorbed very slowly and takes a full 24h to dry between layers. I think that is a good thing because it's stretching the rubber more gently and there is less chance of bubbling. But the booster is staying on the surface so long that if you are in a warm environment maybe there's a risk of it drying out on the surface. You also need more time until you can glue it on the racket compared to Tempo Long. It could work well together with Tempo Long, if you apply a first layer of Platinum then then after 24h another 1-2 layers of Tempo Long which will be faster acting and faster drying.

On the Battle II I did 2 layers of Platinum + 1 layer of Tempo Long and after the 3rd layer it became U shaped. I wanted to glue it today but I will wait a little longer. Regarding performance, 2 layers on BS H3 (non-neo) didn't soften it much and it's less bouncy than my previous Neo H3 BS. It's also the first time I'm using 41° and the sponge is very thick, looks like 2.4. I probably should have applied 3 layers.

Last edited by JulianTT on 10 Jan 2022, 23:46, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2022, 23:24 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
JulianTT wrote:
Regarding performance, 2 layers on BS H3 (non-neo) didn't soften it much and it's less bouncy than my previous Neo H3 BS. It's also the first time I'm using 41° and the sponge is very thick, looks like 2.4. I probably should have applied 3 layers.

That seems to tie up with this impressive review, by www.thepongprofessor.com

Attachment:
boosters_compare.jpg
boosters_compare.jpg [ 218.65 KiB | Viewed 4411 times ]

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2022, 01:44 

There's even a part 3 :)

https://youtu.be/EBrYM9_y0yY

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2022, 23:27 
Super User

Blade: Nblades 1 ply hinoki
FH: Rallys Redmonkey
BH: Slick antispin
Tempo Platinium isn't good for chinese rubber since it doesn't soften the sponge. It's a good booster for european rubbers only.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2022, 02:55 

Rinforzando wrote:
Tempo Platinium isn't good for chinese rubber since it doesn't soften the sponge. It's a good booster for european rubbers only.
@Rinforzando do you know for sure or guessing? AFAIK boosting European and Japanese rubbers has no benefits.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2022, 04:34 

It's not about the country of origin but the rubber properties.
Some pros boost Japanese rubbers.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2022, 21:28 

dajdosta wrote:
It's not about the country of origin but the rubber properties.
Some pros boost Japanese rubbers.
The country of manufacture is tied to the properties of the rubber in more than 90% of the cases. A couple exceptions don't change that.

Wich pros boost their Japanese rubbers (I'm guessing you mean Tenergy), please share that and your sources? According to one booster manufacturer I have spoken to, booster actually makes Japanese rubbers slower.

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2022, 23:17 

Guys I have an update to this! I boosted an H3 Provincial Blue Sponge with 1 layer of Falco Platinum followed by 1 or 2 layers of Falco Tempo Long. I just removed the rubber after around 2 months on the racket, and it was still domed! As soon as I renoved it, it curled. I have never experienced that before. Usually the rubber shrinks and it becomes concave.

Falco Platinum is extremely long lasting. One base layer of it followed by 2 layers of Falco Tempo works great!

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk