OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2022, 09:59 

Hello, everyone. Im new here and just created this account to ask everyone's experience to get a birthday gift for my 68 year old father. Hes a chinese born player who came to brazil when he was 15 years old. And hes just a weekend recreational player, not aiming to be a pro.

I wanted to give him a good table tennis gear as a birthday present, but im struggling to find one among many options. Also would like to get one not too expensive, since I wanted to find something he can easily replace when the rubber gets worn out. (saw some yotuube videos, and I think we can try getting a stand alone blade and glue some rubbers in them)

Things I know:
- Hes way above the average person, he always goes to public parks and clubs and usually just smashes everyone.
- He uses a chinese pen hold grip and is more of a defensive player
- He likes short handle
- His actual racket is a Friendship/729 4 star - Faster red / 729 black rubber thats badly worn out (hes using it for like 4-5 years)
- He didnt like tashika butterfly with addoy rubber
- He didnt like DHS 4006 - G888 red / Hurricane III black rubber
- He didnt hate the butterfly wakaba, but he stopped using it when he got the friendship one

Since Im in brazil, we dont have many options here and Im only looking at ali express. All resellers in here only have FL handles, and he likes CS handles.

Brands I found reasonably priced that can ship to my country are:
- Palio
- Loki
- Friendship/729
- Stiga
- Tibhar
- Xiom
- Yinhe
- Doublefish
- sinbonlant

Thanks

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2022, 21:40 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

The 729 pre-made's actually a pretty good bat. My suggestion is to take it to a table tennis shop and get them to put a new sheet of rubber on it. 729 or 729 Super FX should work great. If you can't find a shop, buy a sheet of rubber from an online supplier and get one of his club-mates to change the rubber (there's usually someone at most clubs who would know how to do it).

If you're looking at AliExpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32862804239.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32700053505.html

Iskandar

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!