OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 17 Apr 2024, 03:45

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2022, 23:20 

Blade: DHS Fang Bo carbon
FH: Xiom Omega 7 china guang
BH: Butterfly Feint Long 3
Hi i'm a modern defender and recently switched to short pips on my backhand.
I use spectol s1 1.5 mm on a DHS 08x and i really like it, i can get much more spin and variation on my chops and it's also suitable to play close to the table
My only issue is that i don't have a really good control on chops and sometimes the ball goes out, even if after 1 and a half month of practice i reduced a lot the numbers of ball that goes off the table, and I was wondering if changing to a slower sponge to get more control without losing the spin ( even if i lose power in attack is not a problem because i attack rarely or i twiddle to inverted )
I've seen that antispin player do this commonly and also LP players but i don't know if anything like that could work for SP
Thanks to everyone for their answers

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2022, 16:46 

DondyThaChopper wrote:
Hi i'm a modern defender and recently switched to short pips on my backhand.
I use spectol s1 1.5 mm on a DHS 08x and i really like it, i can get much more spin and variation on my chops and it's also suitable to play close to the table
My only issue is that i don't have a really good control on chops and sometimes the ball goes out, even if after 1 and a half month of practice i reduced a lot the numbers of ball that goes off the table, and I was wondering if changing to a slower sponge to get more control without losing the spin ( even if i lose power in attack is not a problem because i attack rarely or i twiddle to inverted )
I've seen that antispin player do this commonly and also LP players but i don't know if anything like that could work for SP
Thanks to everyone for their answers

A very interesting idea that I had thought about before. I also play the Spectol on a Joo blade but in max. Often I also like to switch to the Spinpips D3 in 2.0 because of the dampening sponge. A combination of the two rubbers might be really good. Unfortunately, I have no experience with it either. Is the DHS blade a defensive blade?

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2022, 18:49 

Dhs 08x is classified as an off- blade but is actually a defensive blades with oversized head used by the top chinese chopper.
Altough is a really fast blade and it has carbon also so i recommend it only to modern defender who attack a lot

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2022, 23:15 

Wäre could I buy this blade,do you have an url?

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2022, 19:13 

https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/dhs-classic-08x
i bought it here and everything was perfect