OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:17

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2022, 21:01 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
@ Igor

Dear Sir,

It is of paramount importance for ALL defensive players to know when a player is using a fake boosted rubber.

This fact is never ending and has been on the increase for too many a year.

Please, you aid and abet fairness in the sport.We ,at lower leagues, have no machines to detect these malevolent phony practices .

Even if we had the special device to catch the fake loopers red handed, you know there is a very easy way so the machine does not detect a boosted rubber.

Please, share your knowledge about this.

We secure fairness too

Be happy

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2022, 02:16 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
I'm not Igor but It's easy, how it sounds (dry and loud a lot more than an unboosted rubber) at the impact with the ball and brush with the ball to see how many effect does. But that not evidence nothing and player can use it against you. In competition I always take with me the net leveler to be sure the net isn't low.

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2022, 13:47 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

WHERE THERE IS A WILL, THERE IS A WAY.

To begin with, take care to have got a pertinent thickness gauge, by DHS or by Butterfly either. This is how those prohibited Rubber Additives e.g. oil Booster can be effectively precluded from table tennis competititons.
Again, well trained umpires are needed too.

Be happy.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2022, 00:03 

What to do if people are illegally boosting with thinner sponge? Heavily boosting 1.9/2mm sponge to just keep within limit of 4mm?

Please give your thoughts to help secure fairness for all.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2022, 20:12 
Super User

Blade: Yasaka Sweden Classic ST
FH: Hurricane 3 41 black 2.2
BH: Hurricane 3 38 red 2.2
cry to your mummy ???

:rofl:

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2022, 22:55 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Not sure if this is boosting but it probably is.

We are a social / amatuer club and when someone needs new rubbers put on, I tend to be the one to do it for people. Sometimes when the old rubbers aren't too bad I look to put them on a cheap blade and maybe give away to a new starter / kid / less fortunate.

Often these rubbers either shrink when you take them off or are rough around the edges. What I do is put a couple of coats of baby oil (parafin) on the sponge which expands it a bit to be able to fit back on a blade or to snip around the edges to take off the worn bits.

This is likely illegal but at our beginner level I'm not sure it really matters or changes anything, except give someone a bat that has been given new life.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2022, 00:29 
Super User

Cobalt wrote:
Not sure if this is boosting but it probably is.

We are a social / amatuer club and when someone needs new rubbers put on, I tend to be the one to do it for people. Sometimes when the old rubbers aren't too bad I look to put them on a cheap blade and maybe give away to a new starter / kid / less fortunate.

Often these rubbers either shrink when you take them off or are rough around the edges. What I do is put a couple of coats of baby oil (parafin) on the sponge which expands it a bit to be able to fit back on a blade or to snip around the edges to take off the worn bits.

This is likely illegal but at our beginner level I'm not sure it really matters or changes anything, except give someone a bat that has been given new life.

Yes , it is illegal,however , imo , it is not the same as illegal boosting with the CLEAR INTENTION to improve the rubber's performance. As you very well put it : " give someone a bat that has been given new life".

In any case,if you use the rubber for training or club leagues ok.The problem is when you compete in a sanctioned event .Even though the intention is to give new life to a rubber, it is illegal anyway,imo.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2022, 00:42 

Blade: Andro Ligna OFF
FH: Spinfire 1.8
BH: Tactics Ox
What I do not understand is why you can easily buy a boosting product and the ITTF does nothing about this.

There are even youtube videos explaining how to effectively boost.This is an outrage!!!!

It is so funny when a pro, for example , Gauzy presses the rubber against the table before warming up .

It is so obvious the rubber is illegal........

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2022, 01:22 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
Sami wrote:
What I do not understand is why you can easily buy a boosting product and the ITTF does nothing about this.

There are even youtube videos explaining how to effectively boost.This is an outrage!!!!

It is so funny when a pro, for example , Gauzy presses the rubber against the table before warming up .

You haven't had problems with rubber sticking to the blade with water based glues?? I have. I do not think pressing rubber to the table is a marker of boosting. That said, I really do not worry about boosting. When one has to play vs the latest dignics with the latest carbon blade it is hard to see how boosting makes anything more powerful that what anyone with a good amount of money can buy. There are plenty of players who can absolutely rip winners. I just focus on not boosting myself and working on my game.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2022, 01:43 

Blade: Andro Ligna OFF
FH: Spinfire 1.8
BH: Tactics Ox
vanjr wrote:
Sami wrote:

You haven't had problems with rubber sticking to the blade with water based glues?? I have. I do not think pressing rubber to the table is a marker of boosting. That said, I really do not worry about boosting. When one has to play vs the latest dignics with the latest carbon blade it is hard to see how boosting makes anything more powerful that what anyone with a good amount of money can buy. There are plenty of players who can absolutely rip winners. I just focus on not boosting myself and working on my game.

Honestly,do you really think Gauzy uses water based glues??
Pressing rubber to the table is one of the markers of boosting. Ask whoever boosts if that is the case .
Anyway,those who boost know and clearly see that Gauzy and the like boost the rubber .

I see your point anyway .

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2022, 11:01 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
vanjr wrote:
You haven't had problems with rubber sticking to the blade with water based glues??

Interested in what rubbers and glue you might be using. I'm using pretty standard glue and never had an issue gluing all sorts of rubbers. I think I generally use quite a thin layer too as I always fear that if the bond is too strong I'll damage the blade by tearing some plies.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2022, 20:19 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

We're really willing to supply instruments to all the umpires & players interested. We offer instructive videos as well.

PROMO VIDEO #2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqX2ruYY1iA

Be happy.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2022, 22:08 
Super User

Thank you very much Igor for the information.HOWEVER, an illegally boosted rubber can pass this test easily.Not only can you cheat in the chemical test ( Please, do call Haifu company for more information) but also on the thickness one as well .

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2022, 22:51 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
Cobalt wrote:
vanjr wrote:
You haven't had problems with rubber sticking to the blade with water based glues??

Interested in what rubbers and glue you might be using. I'm using pretty standard glue and never had an issue gluing all sorts of rubbers. I think I generally use quite a thin layer too as I always fear that if the bond is too strong I'll damage the blade by tearing some plies.

I have had it with multiple glues. I agree that over a long period of time the water based glues get hard to remove, but I have had plenty of glue jobs not work so well. I only use 1 layer of glue on the blade and on the sponge.

I do know that boosted rubbers don't stick well. My solution is to remove an unenforceable rule. Then we could all save a lot of $ by boosting 729 or cheaper Chinese rubbers and be done with it. At my (mid intermediate) level I just don't think boosting matters all that much with all the super rubbers out there.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2022, 00:42 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
I've never boosted, although I've played alongside players who do, and played in tournaments where players are certainly getting an extra % from their shots with boosted rubbers. It's no different from people playing with illegal LP rubbers (which can easily be prevented) or treated pips (harder to prevent). I've never done that either - it's just cheating.

It is also, however, largely unenforceable, and, in my experience, largely unenforced. I see no point in it being illegal - people do it anyway, and "decriminalising" is unlikely to result in a massive surge of people boosting. It takes time and effort and money to do, and you need a level of skill to play with boosted rubbers, in the same way that you need a level of skill to drive a really fast car.

OP - what would you do if you knew a rubber were illegally boosted? Refuse to play? Report to the tournament organiser? Just feel justified in grumbling about cheats? Genuine question.