OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Advice for a fast blade
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2022, 06:37 

Blade: Yinhe v14 pro
FH: Donic Bluefire M1
BH: Dhs goldarc 8
Hi, i am using now a yinhe v14 pro blade with Donic bluefire M1 on forehand and Goldarc 8 on backhand, and i am hoping to change my blade to a faster one, but i prefer not to pay a fortune by getting a butterfly blade, i prefer maybe a chinese blade or an one under 100 bucks.
I have read many reviews for the DHS PG9, and all of them was that it has a high speed and is very fast, and maybe considered as OFF++, anyone can compare it to yinhe v14 pro?
I have used before yasaka allwood, and palio energy 03.
I hope guys that you can help, and this is my first post on this forum.
thanks in advance.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2022, 14:01 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Are you rated over 2000? :lol: (My guess is not... those players usually don't use stuff that's ultra-fast and know enough not to..)

Iskandar

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2022, 14:59 

No, i am not in any kind of competition, i play for fun, but i want to try a faster blade, and maybe i will stay with the v14 pro,
What do you think about PG9? Could it be faster than V14 pro?

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2022, 16:19 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I've no idea - I play with all-wood five ply blades.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2022, 08:34 

Blade: Nittaku Acoustic
FH: Rakza 7 2.0
BH: Rakza 7 1.8
Tabletennis11 has Donic Original Carbospeed on sale for just 37.44 Euros. A very fast blade.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2022, 09:46 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
johny_4_84 wrote:
I have read many reviews for the DHS PG9, and all of them was that it has a high speed and is very fast, and maybe considered as OFF++, anyone can compare it to yinhe v14 pro?

DHS uses a different rating system, OFF++ is the same as OFF in other brands. OFF+++ is the same as OFF+ in other brands.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2022, 14:06 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
At our club, we usually try talk people out of fast blades. All the good players use ALL+ to OFF-. Personally I like a slower blade but a grippy rubber to really rip the spin (not that I'm a great example).

Having said that you never know unless you try it so I'd suggest get a cheap fast blade so you won't waste too much if you feel it keeps pinging off the blade and going long, or serves bouncing too high, or lack of dwell for loops or not able to keep blocks on the table..... :)

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2022, 17:22 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
One of the major issues I have experienced in my own development, and have seen in general is people using blades (more so than rubbers) that are too fast for them. Fast blades can feel great, and in practice shots can fly on, and looks, sound, and feel incredibly impressive. However, over the long haul, my experience has been that faster blades almost always mean more mistakes, and cagey/nervous play under pressure, and sometimes even lazy technique.

None of this matters if you just want to mess around and play with a fast blade for fun, or the hell of it, so by all means try it.

I've had a lot of pretty fast blades in my time, and looking back, I wish I'd stuck with one all round / slower blade.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2022, 20:40 

Thanks guys a lot for your replies, so i will try to stay with my setup, and maybe i will change one rubber but not in the near future.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2022, 08:12 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
Yinhe Venus V-14 Pro blade is pretty fast and is supposed to be a close clone of Butterfly Viscaria or Timo Boll ALC (forget which one exactly as I do not play either).

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2022, 21:30 

Yes, i have read this before, but i have tried Timo boll Alc before, and i found it a lot faster then V14 pro, but it was with a different rubbers, it has two tenergy 05, and for my V14 pro, it has goldarc 8 and Donic Bluefire M1, so i think it's not a good comparison to take it as rule.
Anyone has tried Lemuria clone blades or Stuor? do they play like the original one?

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2022, 00:08 

Blade: Kreanga PowerKev Carbon
BH: Yasaka Raska X
I have a question that's been in my mind for a while. Every shop I ask offers difrent solution based on what they sell (socking).
My name is Aris and I am an amauter table tennis player. As a result I know a few things about rubbers but nothing about blades.
I have benn plaing for more than ten years. Since 2013 I have benn playing with a Butterfly Kreanga PowerKev Carbon blade https://revspin.net/blade/butterfly-kre ... arbon.html (a gift). I started playing close to the table, with aYasaka Rakza 7 soft fh (thats what the club had at the time), and a Tibhar Speedy Soft D.TecS (BH).
As my tecnique improved Today I use a Yasaka rakza X soft for the BH and the non soft version for the FH. I now play midle distance as well. But still my style of play is block or fast topspin return, play 2-4 ball attacks on the bounce flat or topspin if needed. It just comes natural
I like my blade as I am use to it but I am now sure it compiments my rubbers and style of play?
I can't find a decent review of that blade, but I think this blade is made for far from the table topspin?
Has anyone ever played with it?
Should I change?
I tink for me a fast blade with desent control is a good choice.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2022, 15:56 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

If someone's looking for something ultra-fast, what about those Yinhe T8, T10 and T11 blades?

Iskandar

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!