OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:40

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 20:06 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Pushblocker's table looks like awesome value. An inch thick top for under $400! I don't think you'll find that in Aus if its new.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2011, 01:12 

Resurrecting here, hope that's OK. Just registered and need some help. I've read all the previous, including the last post in July 2011: Pushblocker's table Stiga ST4000 seemed nice, but what's the current model equivalent? Can't find it, think the model # has changed.

I'm looking for comments on best value foldup home basement table, decent top and bounce, not tippy when folded, leg levelers a plus, 3/4" top minimum, $500 US +/- say $200. Also, if it met all other requirements but had a poor net: I'd fix that. Brand and model? Also, what about the Sportcraft Marquis $300+ at Walmart -other forum comments said maybe very decent, but maybe tippy when folded, maybe the bounce isn't really that great, and the name painted across table surface ends might be distracting? This is not for club/pro level use: just something that gives very decent play, good value ... I hate garbage and it's easy to end up with garbage. I'm a pur novice, but need this for my growing, bouncing boys. If I were rich, I know enough of what I'd buy e.g., Cornilleau 740?? but I'm not, so ... I ask for help.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2011, 12:41 
Super User

I am looking to purchase a table for home soon along with a robot. I only play on competition standard tables at the moment, but I am not sure whether it is worth spending the extra for that standard of table for my home use. If I were to get something with a 16mm MDF top compared to 25mm, am I likely to notice a huge difference with training drills on the robot? I don't want it to put me out if I practice at home and then go to the club and it feels a lot different.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2011, 15:44 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Dan2105 wrote:
I am looking to purchase a table for home soon along with a robot. I only play on competition standard tables at the moment, but I am not sure whether it is worth spending the extra for that standard of table for my home use. If I were to get something with a 16mm MDF top compared to 25mm, am I likely to notice a huge difference with training drills on the robot? I don't want it to put me out if I practice at home and then go to the club and it feels a lot different.

Hey Dan, I have exactly the situation you describe and I don't think it makes very much difference at all. The bounce on my home table may be just slightly less than my club's, but then my home table is on carpet and the club's on wooden floor. I also use cheap Big W balls in my robot (good value for the price btw), not Nittaku Premium 3 stars as we use at the club. You make slight adjustments against the robot, but then you would make these between robot and human anyway, and I think its not a bad thing to learn to make slight adjustments for what ever ball is coming at you as this will happen with changes in spin that opponents employ. If you are a perfectionist and must have the absolute premium, buy a Stiga Roller, a Butterfly $3000 robot, stock it with 200 3 star balls and put down Taraflex flooring for it all at home. If you don't mind some slight variation, go with the cheaper setup and save thousands. ;) :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2011, 15:55 
Super User

Some good points there. I guess being able to adjust to different environments is what makes a good player. ;)

The main thing I am looking to do is practice my general technique and footwork. Which really needs to be dynamic anyway to allow for all the different environments I play in.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 19:54 

My advice would be to stick with the name brand tables such as Stiga, Butterfly, Joola, etc...

Beside that, each of these brands will offer beginning, intermediate, and advance tables at various prices. Beginner tables are cheaper, have thinner tabletops, and will in general have a weaker frame. These are great for leisure play at home and will cost you around $400-$500 shipped. A good example would be the Joola Inside.

Intermediate tables are more expensive, around $500-$800 but will have a stronger frame w/ a thicker table top. If money is not an issue, just purchase a intermediate table. A good example of this maybe the Butterfly Premium - not quite professional level but very sturdy.

For the more expensive tables, the professional tables are usually above $1000 and will have a 1 inch competition tabletop. Probably not needed at home unless you want to practice for future competitions. A good professional table that is relatively affordable would be the Stiga Expert Roller. You can find more detailed table tennis table reviews at http://www.tabletennis-tables.com.

*I would stay away from the "no brand" tables even if they're like $200 (just my 2 cents).

Hope this helps!

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012, 13:32 

Bought this one for the basement- http://www.robbinstabletennis.com/robbins-rugged-roller-green-indoor.html ,made by Kettler(Germany), about the same as the Kettler Stockholm. One of the Panda tables on this site would have been a second choice. Looked at Joola, Killerspin, higher end Stiga'a, Butterfly.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2012, 18:59 

I have a & foot table -which was cheap and is quite big -its a roller-if any one is interested due to lack of space message me and I will tell you its details.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2013, 06:21 

Hey Guys! so i have a Kettler Stockholm Weatherproof aluminum table. MSRP value is about 900 USD, But I got it at Costco, and you know that at costco, they keep the cost low! so this was the last table they had and it was missing the paddle and ball set that came with it, so we ended up getting it for about 350 USD! love the table and it works great! especially since we have no room in the garage other than for the washer and dryer. This is a great table for those of us who are forced to play outside :lol: Definitely a recommended table!!

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2013, 00:19 
The Twiddler

I'm currently looking at table and robot options for this coming summer when our season finishes. The more I've been practicing recently, the better and more consistent I've become. Therefore the option of practicing at home daily on my own table is very appealing.

I'm currently considering this as my table:

Buttefly National League Rollaway 25:

And this as my robot:

Butterfly Amicus Pro

If anyone has any experience with either of these, I'd like to hear back :)

Dr Neubauer Gangster and Desperado 2 (testing both) OX

Butterfly Amicus Professional robot
-----
Ever tried, Ever failed? No Matter.
Try again, Fail Again, Fail Better!

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2013, 15:47 

Im looking for a table , (I'm a new player) and I've been thinking about this one:

Stiga Performance Indoor CS
stigatabletennis.com/en/products/performance-indoor-cs/

anyone has any experience with this table?

my main concern is the stability of this table and if there will be any noticeable difference compared to a 25mm ITTF table (the table I practice at my local club) for a newbie player.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015, 16:05 

Anybody heard of k-sports?

Last Sunday I bought this one for $360: http://www.k-sports.com/table-tennis-pi ... ofessional

25mm top, not ITTF approved and k-sports brand.

Their tables vary by brand, thickness and ITTF approval. They have one similar to the one I bought, but Xu Shao Fa brand for $420. I compared the one I bought to a $600 Xu Shao Fa table, side by side, and noticed no grip or ball bounce difference. In fact they look like they use exactly the same parts and come out of the same factory.

The guy who was there said that the difference was the surface paint, but I couldn't tell the difference at all. There would be a much greater difference between the different tables I play at clubs than there would be between these two.

I will give it a review as soon as I receive it and I'm had a bit of play on it - should be delivered next week!

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015, 18:58 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
That's a very good price for a 25mm table top! :up: I would be interested to hear what it's like too!

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2015, 21:06 

I went to K-Sports' warehouse in Logan / near brisbane to have a look. I didn't really like the quality / paint. I'm curious to hear your opinion of it once you've received it.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2015, 22:05 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
A mate of mine bought the T&R sports 19mm off ebay for i think $175. Plays pretty good but i think the bounce is slightly lower/deader than our club tables. The construction itself though is pretty good, solid legs etc.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next