OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 11:45

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2009, 22:56 
Super User

speedplay wrote:
makai wrote:
In my opinion, the shirt looks too basic. Needs design but otherwise okay.

Care to elaborate this?

The shirts comes with a standard design, then the picture on the back along with the OOAK text is added, what else would you like to be done on them to make them better?

What I mean is it needs more design like those Butterfly and Mizuno Clothing. I know it's just for basic wearing for people to see that there is a table tennis website called OOAK but don't you think it's too basic? I'm not asking for you to copy those really cool shirts from Mizuno I'm drooling about but even just a simple and classic design like this:
With OOAK logo in the left side of the shirt and a bigger logo on the back. I think you'll get people to turn their heads and say "So OOAK does exist" or something like that. Just my opinion.

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2009, 01:01 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
It's interesting to see what people consider is cool and what is maybe bland. Ideas of fashion and what's cool always go way over my head.

Makai, what makes the shirt in the photo you've posted "cool". Is it the fact it's labeled Butterfly or Mizuno. Is it the cut, or the colours or something else?

For me, if it's comfortable, functional, fits and I like the colour I wear it. If it looks cool, that's a bonus. If it's got the OOAK logo on I wear it with pride cos I enjoy being here. If I see someone else wearing one who I've never met before I'll know we have something in common and will probably go over and talk to them. If I saw someone wearing the Butterfly or Mizuno clothing I wouldn't look twice.

haggisv, were these shirts designed to be used as functional table tennis shirts, a "casual" fashion shirt or both?

I agree with those people who have asked for there to be more choice of colours.

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2009, 07:46 
The Artist
The Artist

Debater wrote:
haggisv, were these shirts designed to be used as functional table tennis shirts, a "casual" fashion shirt or both?
I agree with those people who have asked for there to be more choice of colours.

YinHe designed the shirt as a sports shirt and as such they are tailored and use material accordingly. In short, they are table tennis shirts and are intended as such first and foremost. However, we felt there is no real purpose in a print design with a singular purpose as the intention was also to spread a little knowledge about OOAK through the shirts.

This was a secondary or alternative goal and therefore they are supposed to look decent outside the TT hall as well. Hopefully they do and because of this the print is not just practical, but has a decorative purpose as well. Due to this they can naturally be seen as fashion shirts as well. Providing they seem fashionable to the eye of the beholder, naturally ;)

When it comes to printing other colours, these shirts need to sell properly first. YinHe requires a minimum print run of 100 shirts per size and colour to reach their excellent price per unit. I suppose Haggisv will wait and see how things progress, but yes, I like you, hope for the possibility of another run of shirts in another colour. That will not be for quite some time though, I suspect.

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2009, 19:12 

My sponsors won't allow me to use an other logo, so I'm afraid I won't be able to go with this one.

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2009, 19:28 
The Artist
The Artist

WACKING WAYNE wrote:
My sponsors won't allow me to use an other logo, so I'm afraid I won't be able to go with this one.

That is OK, Wayne. No need to feel sorry or loose any sleep over it just because you are not calling the shots. But since you are a world class player I would have expected it is you and not your sponsors who dictate the terms of your sponsorship contract. I mean, I am sure they benefit much more from you being associated with them than you from being associated with them. ;)

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2009, 19:53 
Super User

Debater wrote:
Makai, what makes the shirt in the photo you've posted "cool". Is it the fact it's labeled Butterfly or Mizuno. Is it the cut, or the colours or something else?

Something else. What I'm trying to say is, I'm not asking for a real sport shirt but make it at least look "modern" or "classic". The shirt looks too basic. It's just my opinion btw.

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2009, 20:31 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Cost is the biggest factor... The shirts chosen are a step above the real basic shirts, and material is good quality and artwork is well done. This makes them excellent value even for people that know nothing about OOAK. Putting the same design on the suggested shirt may well make the price 2 to 3 times more... which I think would appeal to less people purely due to cost considerations...

Certainly appreciate your comments though, and if in future we have more options in choosing the shirts, we should consider this...

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2009, 09:00 
I am Legend
I am Legend

cost is the main point here.
While it may not be as 'cool' as a mizuno or butterfly shirt, how many people here are actually willing to plunk down 60+ bucks for a non-designer polo sports shirt?

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2009, 16:36 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

BTW All 3 sizes are now in stock, and listed in the shop... :wink:

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2009, 03:40 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Most designers go for simplicity and understatement as the hallmark of being "cool". So with that trend, the shirt is cool anyway. I love the blue and yellow color, the design that Brab has done is striking and "cool" looking. I really can't fault the shirt, nor its price. Given I like a looser fit, I am amazed at just how comfortable and soft the material is. I actually feel more comfortable in it, than in my more expensive Butterfly shirts. If I didn't like the OOAK design for some reason (or couldn't wear it due to a sponsorship deal *cough*), I'd still be happy to buy the shirt in the blue and yellow without the logos now that I have felt the shirt on. And IMO, it would still look a "cool" shirt, at a much lower price than most shirts. I'm not trying to move the shirts for OOAK here btw, simply giving my honest opinion.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2009, 13:07 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
I think my OOAK shirt would look better if I had ordered XXL. XL = US LG.
My fictitious sponsor would look good embroidered in yellow.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=606107&id=1183441310

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2009, 14:44 

OOAK jersey was smaller than expected, so next one will be XXL. Played a few matches not moving much and shirt felt fine.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2009, 15:03 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

The sizes I put in were just a guide based on my own collection of other shirts and their labelled sizes... I put in the measurements so that people could work out what size they required...

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2009, 22:44 

No Haggisv, you went to extra lengths to make sure everyone knew what the deal was. No one can say they were fooled by your description of sizes. I just thought XXL would be too big. It might still be by a little. If I can get somewhere to to train TT more than once every week or two, I will lose 5 kg to make that size (EDIT: XLSIZE) look just right.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009, 10:05 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
Any chance of having the word "forum" in the lettering if you run off another production?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next