OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 18:09

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 61  Next
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2009, 01:04 
Super User

adham wrote:
Your bosses are addressing another issue. It is the issue of providing constructive criticism and a solution-oriented environment. If you will bring out something negative at work, then be ready to offer a positive solution. That is the role of the employee. Anyone can point out the errors, but the good employee also looks for a solution to avoid these errors. Your bosses have a good point, you may be missing it too.

I am afraid it is more difficult with bosses and employees.

Imho if the bosses make a wrong decision and certain things do not go well, it is obviously the responsibility of the bosses a) to see it and b) to correct their decision. Clearly "a" is necessary to make "b" possible. The problem is, that the bosses sometimes fail to see their mistake. In this situation the bosses should be thankful, if an employee, who must implement the wrong decision tells them, what is going wrong. Then the bosses should do their job properly and make a right decision.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2009, 15:00 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Are your names Ping and Pong lol :lol:
I feel my eyes going left : and right lol :roll: :lol:

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009, 12:29 
King of Ping!

speedplay wrote:
Adham, about the rubber list, I always forget if it is approved or authorized, but it is list 29B and list 30 I'm talking about, so you know which lists it is, right?

Now I'm wondering if there is any chance that you could high light the new rubbers to a list compared to the old list and also, a short note on rubbers that have been removed since the last list, if possible, with a short explanation as to why they have been removed?

I suppose most rubbers are removed due to the manufacturer not paying the fee for their old rubbers that they have discontinued?

You mean the "List of Authorized Racket Coverings" or LARC for short. List 29B expires on 30 June 2009. The "new" racket coverings appear on list 30 in "bold". If you want to make a more detailed comparison, the best way is to print both lists and compare. We only indicate the new racket coverings.

There are many reasons that racket coverings may not appear on a new list:
- manufacturer's own choice (bad seller, do not produce anymore, etc.)
- do not meet the ITTF's requirements after random testing
- manufacturer failed to pay the authorization fee on time (very rare)

Here is a useful link if you wish to know more:
http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf1.a ... ory=rubber

I hope this information helps.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009, 13:39 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Hi Adham
[quote][/quote]

Did you know that its still has some rubbers like "insider" on that list ie list 30 dosn't match with this attachment

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009, 22:56 
King of Ping!

rodderz wrote:
Hi Adham
Quote:

Did you know that its still has some rubbers like "insider" on that list ie list 30 dosn't match with this attachment

I do not understand your comment. What does not match what?
'Insider" rubber is on list 29B which expires on 30 June 2009. It is NOT on list No.30 since it is no longer authorized. Is that what you mean?

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009, 08:08 
King of Ping!

speedplay wrote:
Didn't notice that the new covering were in Bold, that should do fine as they will be easy to spot.

I for one would like to see why some rubbers are removed as well, but I also understand that this is not in your interest to keep such a list... Probably not in mine either, but it is always "fun" to know why a rubber was removed, especially if it is removed due to some rule.

Thanks for the answer!

If there is one particular rubber you want to know why it was removed, you can e-mail me at [email protected] and if I have time I will try to find out for you.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2009, 09:07 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
i have a question on an issue that has been puzzling me for a while:

what criteria must something furfill in order to be accepted as a sponge? as far as i know all inverted rubbers require a sponge. since it is legal to remove sponges and switch them, i assume that it is legal to create a sponge, sponges are not approved by the ittf. so what requirements concerning material, thickness etc. must a sponge meet?

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2009, 15:19 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

AA wrote:
i have a question on an issue that has been puzzling me for a while: what criteria must something furfill in order to be accepted as a sponge? ....,. what requirements concerning material, thickness etc. must a sponge meet?

Mr. President,
Sure, the sponge materials now used by some defensive players is much a concern. Some cuning manufacturers did develope a sponge that does not comply well with the T4 regulations.
For example, the Mirage sponge by HALLMARK is a stiff, non-elastic substance very much like the foamed polyethylene and is most likely not to pass the "breaking test" as is now stipulated by the T4.
No, No. I'm not a sort of a zealous retrograde, I would gladly welcome more new materials to the sport, but let all those novelties meet perfectly well every ITTF approved
standard
, hear I stand.
PS// Perhaps ITTF should review T4 requirements for the "rubber criterias" so as to allow more sponge derivatives to the sport, e.g. stretching allowance =1.6 for a sponge sample instead of 2.0.

Igor
national umpire

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2009, 02:03 

igorponger wrote:
For example, the Mirage sponge by HALLMARK is a stiff, non-elastic substance very much like the foamed polyethylene and is most likely not to pass the "breaking test" as is now stipulated by the T4.

Igor
national umpire

It is really serious issue that you have a feeling about some sponges wouldn't pass the breaking test. I think our sport shall care more about feelings like some other sports do, let me name figure skating as an example. But we have already seen some positive movement in this area, so I recommend to write an e-mail about this directly to Mr. Odd Gustavsen.

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2009, 09:32 
Pop and Swirl
Pop and Swirl

Adham, it occurred to me to ask: the ITTF has many player photos. How does one get permission to use some of them for forum use? Particularly, we have this video section, wherein we place a brief description of the professional player and a photo to help identify the player.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2009, 00:08 
King of Ping!

Yuzuki wrote:
Adham, it occurred to me to ask: the ITTF has many player photos. How does one get permission to use some of them for forum use? Particularly, we have this video section, wherein we place a brief description of the professional player and a photo to help identify the player.

You send a request to the ITTF and they will refer you to the photographer who took the photo and they can sell a high definition photo to you. If uyou wish to just copy a low definition off the website, you can do it, but you must then give the following credit "Photo courtesy of the ITTF - photo by xxx xxx", where the xxx means the name of the photographer.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2009, 07:52 
Pop and Swirl
Pop and Swirl

adham wrote:
You send a request to the ITTF and they will refer you to the photographer who took the photo and they can sell a high definition photo to you. If uyou wish to just copy a low definition off the website, you can do it, but you must then give the following credit "Photo courtesy of the ITTF - photo by xxx xxx", where the xxx means the name of the photographer.

Ok, great, thanks! The low definition photo is great already, really. :D

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2009, 22:31 

adham wrote:
haggisv wrote:
Adham

There's a rumour floating around about the ITTF's connections with a 'gambling business' BWIN and that all the rights to broadcast major table tennis tournaments through the internet have now been "sold" to BWIN.

Can you advice if there's any truth to this, and what (if any) implication there would be on getting the events streamed through the internet?

Thank you!

The rumour is not correct, the ITTF owns its own rights for all its events and will continue to show them on itTV free of charge for as long as we can afford it. The more people watch itTV the more we can gather statistics and sell the advertising at a higher price. Our commitment is to show on itTV all of our events free of charge in 2009. I hope we can do the same in 2010 and beyond.

I hope you enjoyed the Japan Open that just concluded today. All finals (as well as many other matches) are available on itTV (http://www.ittf.com)

Dear Adham,

i am happy that you deny the ITTF's connections with the 'gambling business' BWIN.

HoweverI notice that in previous years, I have been able to eatch LIVE internet broadcast of major table tennis tournaments by Chinese stations like Shanghai Sports, Guandong Sports, CCTV 5 and others, free of charge.

From late last year and since the begining of this year (2009), the Chinese sports channels seem to have ceased broadcasting the tourneys. Instead BWIN seems to be the SOLE broadcaster of the table tennis tourneys now on their website. Since these LIVE broadcasts are streamed from ITTV (the owners as you put it), BWIN does seem to have acquired the rights to broadcast the tourneys from ITTV otherwise how could they broadcast the tourneys? Illegally?

BTW, if I may be permitted to express my humble opinion, the broadcast from ITTV is sorely lacking.
Sometimes you get, many times you don't, in spite of the requirements of a low bandwith of only 350kpbs.
Moreover, it is not always live. Nothing can replace the years when the Chinese stations were broadcasting LIVE anf best of all, FREE !

Has the golden years of being able to watch LIVE table tennis tourneys on the internet has come to a close?

Mr. Adham, for us avid table tennis fans, could you kindly clarify the monopoly BWIN seems to be having over the LIVE broadcasts from ITTF.

Should you need more details or proof, I shall be glad to furnish you with the needful.

Arrigato gozaimasu =Thank you

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2009, 23:36 
King of Ping!

Ninja wrote:
adham wrote:
haggisv wrote:
Adham

There's a rumour floating around about the ITTF's connections with a 'gambling business' BWIN and that all the rights to broadcast major table tennis tournaments through the internet have now been "sold" to BWIN.

Can you advice if there's any truth to this, and what (if any) implication there would be on getting the events streamed through the internet?

Thank you!

The rumour is not correct, the ITTF owns its own rights for all its events and will continue to show them on itTV free of charge for as long as we can afford it. The more people watch itTV the more we can gather statistics and sell the advertising at a higher price. Our commitment is to show on itTV all of our events free of charge in 2009. I hope we can do the same in 2010 and beyond.

I hope you enjoyed the Japan Open that just concluded today. All finals (as well as many other matches) are available on itTV (http://www.ittf.com)

Dear Adham,

i am happy that you deny the ITTF's connections with the 'gambling business' BWIN.

HoweverI notice that in previous years, I have been able to eatch LIVE internet broadcast of major table tennis tournaments by Chinese stations like Shanghai Sports, Guandong Sports, CCTV 5 and others, free of charge.

From late last year and since the begining of this year (2009), the Chinese sports channels seem to have ceased broadcasting the tourneys. Instead BWIN seems to be the SOLE broadcaster of the table tennis tourneys now on their website. Since these LIVE broadcasts are streamed from ITTV (the owners as you put it), BWIN does seem to have acquired the rights to broadcast the tourneys from ITTV otherwise how could they broadcast the tourneys? Illegally?

BTW, if I may be permitted to express my humble opinion, the broadcast from ITTV is sorely lacking.
Sometimes you get, many times you don't, in spite of the requirements of a low bandwith of only 350kpbs.
Moreover, it is not always live. Nothing can replace the years when the Chinese stations were broadcasting LIVE anf best of all, FREE !

Has the golden years of being able to watch LIVE table tennis tourneys on the internet has come to a close?

Mr. Adham, for us avid table tennis fans, could you kindly clarify the monopoly BWIN seems to be having over the LIVE broadcasts from ITTF.

Should you need more details or proof, I shall be glad to furnish you with the needful.

Arrigato gozaimasu =Thank you

Let me clarify. With regards to TV rights and Internet streaming rights in China, the ITTF has sold these rights (through a company called TMS International) exclusively to CCTV for the Chinese territory. Then CCTV has the right to resell inside China to the regional or city TVs (Shanghai TV, Guangzhou TV, etc.). CCTV sometimes resells and other times retains the exclusive rights, this is up to them. The only exception is the Tournament of Champions held every December, in this case the rights were sold to Hunan TV on an exclusive basis in China.

Outside China we have many partners. Usually we sell the TV rights on an exclusive basis to various networks (Eurosport, Tokyo TV, etc.). However, for Internet streaming rights we sell the rights to several buyers but on a "non-exclusive" basis. We also retain the rights on our own itTV. Those who bought the rights on a non-exclusive basis have the right to resell to others. So this is how it could reach BWIN through a 3rd or 4th party. We feel that the more streaming exposure we get the better. We are in the process of making new deals for streaming with various new partners. However, I am surprised at your comments about itTV. With the exception of the challenge Match China vs World, we have streamed all our events either live or with very short delays, all free of charge. The Challenge match was shown one week after for technical reasons. We are getting very positive feedback which leads us to conclude that we will stream ALL our events live as of 1 September 2009 on itTV free of charge. We had more than 800,000 unique users in the month of June alone accessing itTV. This is a great result. I will report your technical difficulties to our technicians, but you are the first one to complain that you could not access our itTV.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2009, 18:13 

Thank you Adham for your explanation. It does sound kinda confusing though. Basically, ITTF sells the rights to any one. And that 'anyone' can in turn sell the "rights" to everybody else. On top of that ITTF themselves will be broadcasting LIVE the table tennis tournaments. And there are no business conflict of any sort. Am I right?

I am not a good business person, so I don't quite understand this system and how ITTF does business.

Whatever, right now (in spite of what ITTV does), I am viewing much less LIVE broadcast of table tennis tourneys compared to previous years. Apart from sporadically being able to view LIVE broadcasts from ITTV ( and I certainly hope the service can be improved e.g. some matches do not com on when clicked), there is no other broadcast except from BWIN for which the intending viewer need to deposit some euros into an account first.

MyP2P.eu publishes on the net, daily schedules of LIVE sports broadcast on the internet and all the broadcasting station/s .
Previously for table tennis, other broadcasters are shown. Nowadays, only BWIN is the sole broadcaster. Since BWIN does not enjoy 'exclusive' rights, I wonder why the Chinese broadcasters have suddenly stop broadcasting whenever BWIN broadcasts.
I don't understand this, and I don't think you understand it also.

However, I am overjoyed to read you say that ITTF "will stream ALL our events live as of 1 September 2009 on itTV free of charge". I cannot think of any table tennis player/fan not overjoyed. I only wish it could be sooner!

Arrigato gozaimasu !

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 61  Next