OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 13:38

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2010, 19:41 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Member SubarashiOnizuka kindly lent me his bat with the rubber glued (Joola Wing blade with Hexer on the other side) to let me test and review it. Although I did not see the sheet out of the packet, he's provided pictures here:

Review to follow...

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2010, 03:01 

Isnt this one the one being use by the Chinese National Team?

Galaxy T-11+
FH: Donic Bluefire M3
BH: SpinLord Dornenglanz II (OX)

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2010, 06:40 
Super User

Hey !

What does the feeling looks like for this rubber ?
Very spinny ? Near of DHS Neo H3 ?

Keep in touch !

Brahms

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2010, 08:04 

i'm excited for the review of this one! my cousins in China swear by this rubber, but I haven't tried it yet

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2010, 18:46 

I used the regular LSZ II glued/tuned. It was very very nice. Hope this one comes out as good.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2010, 18:52 

I've got a sheet of this on the way too :lol: I'm hoping it is a good replacement for Globe 999 National glued.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2010, 19:55 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Ok, I've had one session with this rubber, which is not enough for a full review but enough to share my impressions :oops:

Packaging is the same as the other tuned rubbers on the market - vacuum sealed.

Topsheet feels soft like a Globe 999 with a similar finish. It's medium tacky, a bit like the regular 999 (999 Nat is usually less tacky) and more tacky than something like Whale II.

The sponge (marked 38deg) measures at 42deg with my measurement, which is not an absolute value so needs to be considered with respect to other values in the Sponge Hardness Table. This is definitely a little softer than something like 999 Nat or regular Hurricanes... perhaps the tuning effect accounts for this.

Unlike the Whale II, this rubber had only a thin glue film on the back, which felt only a little tacky. This probably makes it a little lighter.

I tested this on a Joola Wing blade which I'm not familiar with, but it had Hexer on the back which I've tried on several blades, so I got a decent idea of the impact (no pun intended :oops: ) of the blade.

Serves:
Medium tack made it real easy to generate high spin on serves, excellent in this area.

Looping:
This was the critical one for me, as this is what 999 Nat is outstanding for... Well I was pleasantly surprised... balls came off very spinny both at low and high speeds... something that I felt lacking on the Whale II as it did no seem that spinny on slow loops. It really felt similar to 999 Nat in the spin department.
Speed wise it was definitely a bit slower and more effort was required to power loop. I could feel the clicky glue feel on hard powerloops, and the ball really goes when you hit hard enough and with great spin.
Another difference to the 999 Nat was that the throw is lower... I would still call it more than medium throw, but it was definitely lower than the 999 Nat.

I didn't really get around to testing other parts of the game, but I did like the rubber a lot and I had no trouble adjusting to it at all.

Would I change to it? Well I would seriously consider it IF, and this is the same IF for all tuned rubber, IF the tuning effect remains fairly consistant for about a month... If the effect is only for a few weeks I would consider it too much trouble, despite the lower price tag, but if it will last a month I would probably change to it.

How does it compare to my JUIC 999 CHN I you ask? Well I've been using this rubber for several months already and it's very solid and consistant... it just lacks a little in the speed depart as well and is a little less tacky than I'd like... On the same blade the speed may be similar, and I'd probably pick the tuned over the JUIC coz of the glue feel. I prefer the higher throw of the JUIC though... tough call and the duration of the tuning would probably be the determining factor for me...

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2010, 23:50 
Super User

Can you please test the smashing and flat hitting abaility the next time you play because it's advertised as a smashing great rubber.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 06:32 

im guessing because of the tackiness that the short game is good? is the rubber overly bouncy like some of the other tensors?

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 07:07 
Super User

So what is the difference between Xu ShaoFa 999 LSZ Factory Tuned from Eacheng and this Xushaofa 999 LSZ II Tornado Tension from ttnpp.com ?

Thanks

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 08:00 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

sunflex wrote:
Can you please test the smashing and flat hitting abaility the next time you play because it's advertised as a smashing great rubber.

OK I will, but I doubt it's one of it's strengths... 999 Nat is not very good for this either, as it's too reactive to spin.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 08:01 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

berkeleydoctor wrote:
im guessing because of the tackiness that the short game is good? is the rubber overly bouncy like some of the other tensors?

It's not bouncy at all, so that fact and the tackiness makes it great in the short game IMO...

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 08:08 

haggisv wrote:
sunflex wrote:

OK I will, but I doubt it's one of it's strengths... 999 Nat is not very good for this either, as it's too reactive to spin.

so service return would be a disadvantage for this rubber?

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 08:37 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

berkeleydoctor wrote:
haggisv wrote:
sunflex wrote:

so service return would be a disadvantage for this rubber?

No more than any other tacky rubber. However with the 999 rubbers, the harder you dig the ball in, the more it grip. This is great for power looping as the spin just gets more and more as you loop harder (which is exactly what you want since the more spin the easier it is to land the ball), but for hitting it can be hard as the incoming topspin can make iot hard to keep the ball down.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 16:15 

Chopper88 wrote:
So what is the difference between Xu ShaoFa 999 LSZ Factory Tuned from Eacheng and this Xushaofa 999 LSZ II Tornado Tension from ttnpp.com ?

Thanks

Tornado Tension does not look like it is tuned. The package it's in gives me this impression.