OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 11:50

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2010, 16:54 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
As Adham has kindly agreed to keep us up to date with new ITTF developments, here is his latest update for the OOAK Forum:

Quote:
New proposed limitations of entries for Olympics:

- It is only for the singles events at the Olympic Games. No change for the Team events, still 3 players per National Olympic Committee
(NOC)
- For singles we are proposing to reduce from 3 to 2 entries per NOC.
- This will allow more NOCs to take part in the singles events at the Olympic Games, which is much desired by all NOCs. So far, since 1988, the average number of NOCs taking part in the table tennis event is around 55. We want to exceed the 60 mark.
- The new rule would also allow more NOCs to win medals.
- The IOC is very supportive of such limitations and we would be joining other sports that limit to one entry (Taekwando) or 2 entries
(Swimming)
- Most sports in individual events (especially combat sports) limit the entries to one per NOC, some limit to 2 per NOC (swimming set the example of reducing from 3 to 2 to reduce the American dominance, this was supported by both the USA and China)

Thanks.

Adham

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2010, 02:53 
Super User

Blade: Donic Waldner WC 89 FL
FH: Donic BlueStar A2 Red Max
BH: DMS Firestorm Black 1.8
[quote="mynamenotbob"]

- If the ITTF does start approving blades, when a blade manufacturer goes
out of business (or dies) and stops paying annual fees, are we no longer
allowed to use our blades?

Adham: No, usually there is a period of time allowed. For example for Rubbers it is 10 years, with periodical testing on the market to ensure compliance. The same would happen with blades. Then of course they will deplete on the market in any case.

Haggisv,

Would you mind asking Adham for clarification?

Does this statement by Adham mean that for example since Seven went out of business the rubber they produced is allowed for a period of 10 years?

This is what it appears to state, but I don't believe that is what Adham is trying to say. I believe he is speaking of how often the initial fee is paid to the ITTF.

Thanks

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2010, 08:06 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Adham did mentioned it somewhere (I'll see if I can find it) about an annual fee, and when it's not paid (or paid in time) the rubber is removed from the list. This is what happened to Se7en. Although the company claims they'll pay the fee and be re-instated next list, I have heard no more about them, so I have my doubts...

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2010, 12:46 
Horse Hockey!

I believe what that rule is saying is that when serving to someone in a wheelchair that serves cannot bounce on the receiver's side then come backwards over the net away from the receiver (5.1), nor can it come to rest without going off the table (5.2), nor can it bounce on the receiver's side then go off the table over either side (5.3). In other words, this just seems to be a lengthy and wordy way to say that all serves to someone in a wheelchair must eventually cross the end line or it's a let.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2010, 13:35 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I think you're right... it confused me too as I didn't look carefully enough to realise it's a subsections of 2.9.1.5

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2010, 08:01 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

speedplay wrote:
Now, how about talking during the rally, is this allowed? Haggisv, I trust you to bring this question forward to Adham.

I surely have! :rock:

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2010, 10:45 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

speedplay wrote:
Now, how about talking during the rally, is this allowed? Haggisv, I trust you to bring this question forward to Adham.

Here is Adham's answer:

Adham wrote:
This would be under the rule of "good behaviour". If such talk is distracting to the opponent or to the Umpire, then the umpire can stop it. But from an "etiquette" point of view at international tournaments this is regarded as bad form and the top players do not do it.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2010, 19:44 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I think that would be the same as with other violations... a warning first, then award a point, and so on...

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2010, 16:36 
Super User

In the past, Adham has stated that he is personally inclined toward having few restrictions in equipment. The minimum friction level currently in place is the will of the 2006 board of directors, and not a reflection of the president's personal opinion.

The question: if Adham must break a tie in a vote on resolution 39 to rescind the minimum friction requirement, will he vote in favor of or against the resolution?

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2010, 10:49 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Adham confirmed he'd vote in favour.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2010, 10:58 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
haggisv wrote:
Adham confirmed he'd vote in favour.

That's big. Since he's for it, maybe he can advise us on how to get some of the other Board members to support the resolution.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2010, 19:42 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
Do we know when they are voting on all the prepositions? The information I've got states that we should already know the results of the voting. When is the meeting?

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2010, 20:28 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I think another 2 months away, isn't it?

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2010, 06:35 
Super User

Thanks to Adham for the response.

I believe the vote will take place on may 28th. Some of the other proposals (such as the 45 degree thing) will be decided at the AGM on may 26th.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2010, 08:55 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Adham, is it in compliance with ITTF rules if a player uses a glue containing VOCs provided those VOCs are no longer present when the blade is tested? Or is the ITTF rule that glues containing VOCs are not to be used at all at any time. The rule as worded leaves some ambiguity on this issue.

Quote:
3.2.4 Gluing
3.2.4.1 It is the responsibility of each player to ensure that racket coverings are attached to their racket blade with adhesives that do not contain harmful volatile solvents.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next