OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:22

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: xiom maximus OFF review
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2007, 15:30 
EJ in recovery

This blade comes very well packaged and with a 1 yr guarantee as does all Xiom blades.
The quality of craftsmanship is top notch although at first after looking at the very thin top limba ply I was a little worried that it would not hold up to having rubbers taken on and off,so I lightly wiped 2 coats of sanding sealer on and off the face and a couple heavier coats around the edges.
The speed of the blade I would say is about the low end of OFF,it has a decent vibration which I like.
My style is a close to the table attacker and after playing with this blade for a few weeks now I could not imagine theres a better blade out there for my style of play and it is a very well balanced blade.
When looping close to the table it's very easy to create whatever opening shot's you like either high spinny loops or if you use more contact and a bigger swing you can get fast opening loops.
The blade has a soft feel and although it's not like a carbon blade for aggresive blocks it's better for block placement and you have much more control of your blocks.
Short game is very consistant and there are no touch issues that come with some soft blades.
When playing away from the table upto 4-6 feet is fine and there are no speed issues but if you play more than 5-6 feet away from the table you will need a faster blade as this was just not meant for that.
I would recomend this blade to anyone who plays a close to the table attacking game,this blade rewards you when you take proper swings and you don't have any fear of them going long.
I give it a 10 out of 10 it truly is a pure quality blade.
Rubbers I have used Catapult,H3,Coppa Tagora,802-40,Relop Attack

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Sep 2007, 05:41 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Photino for now
FH: Haifu Blue Whale for now
BH: Donic Bluefire for now
Very nice review Alfie. Those Xiom blades are quite tempting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Sep 2007, 10:05 
Rubber Killer!

you guys should give in to the temptation like I did. I said I wouldn't be a EJ anymore but I'm starting to crack :(. Really tempted to mess around with my racket, but its been 2 weeks

anyways back to Xiom. I had the Power-1 and Yanus just recently. Playing performance was excellent on both. The power-1 was a Primorac Carbon copy which had more feeling and longer dwell time. Only crap thing was the thin flare handle.

The Yanus was a De-Offensive blade according to xiom. So basically for the Joo fans out there. I tried and its fairly fast, but not as fast as the chen W blade. Spectacular dwell time and power for a control blade. Again the only downfall was the handle, this time it was ST and my god it was one of the worst ones. Its completely square so it basically churns up your fingers and palm.

I hope the rest of the Xiom range doesn't have crap handles. From the brochure the Professional wood series looks like they fixed the handles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2007, 13:12 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Photino for now
FH: Haifu Blue Whale for now
BH: Donic Bluefire for now
Hey, can someone tell me what Xiom's website is again so I can look some additional information on their blades?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2007, 13:25 
EJ in recovery

http://www.xiomtt.com/

Tibhar CTE