OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:35

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 21:57 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
haggisv wrote:
Adham confirmed he'd vote in favour.

@haggisv- was this an april fools joke on your side or was this based on the april-fools joke someone else made by inserting a fake statement by sharara? you posted this on the 1.of april.. :)

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 08 May 2010, 08:00 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
AA wrote:
haggisv wrote:

@haggisv- was this an april fools joke on your side or was this based on the april-fools joke someone else made by inserting a fake statement by sharara? you posted this on the 1.of april.. :)

No no, no joke, he said he's vote in favour.

PostPosted: 11 May 2010, 23:48 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
haggisv wrote:
AA wrote:
haggisv wrote:

No no, no joke, he said he's vote in favour.

That would be big!! He might be realizing that the ban has not done anything. I don't know about other countries but the vast majority of upper level players in this country who have used frictionless in the past are playing either illegal or modified equipment since the ban as there is no objective enforcement. Treated long pips rubbers have been existing before and after the frictionless pips were available.. All that making them legal again will do is to take after-treaters out of business and let manufactoreres make the money that they used to make.. The ban transfered those profits from TT manufactorers to those individuals and businesses that were/are after-treating

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 19:25 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Dear Adham,
Producing technical accounts right onscreen is a longestablished service for advanced tv-sports as lawn tennis and many others, to a better spectator`s satisfaction.

WHY NOT TABLE TENNIS ??

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 19:43 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Dear Adham,
Producing various technical reconings right onscreen is a longestablished service for many advanced tv-sports as lawn tennis and others, to a better spectator`s satisfaction.
WHY NOT TABLE TENNIS ??

Most interesting match specifications, to be displayed after each game and match ended
-- TOTAL OF POINTS PLAYED
-- SERVICE WINNERS
-- WINNERS
-- SHEER LAPSES*
-- and so on
* Sheer Lapses -- when a player, in making a stroke, fails to touch anyhow the ball with his racket.
Basic principles for keeping technical statistics in a table tennis match can be well adopted from here
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=310785

Ever Yours
Igor NOVICK

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2010, 01:28 
King of Ping!

igorponger wrote:
Dear Adham,
Producing various technical reconings right onscreen is a longestablished service for many advanced tv-sports as lawn tennis and others, to a better spectator`s satisfaction.
WHY NOT TABLE TENNIS ??

Most interesting match specifications, to be displayed after each game and match ended
-- TOTAL OF POINTS PLAYED
-- SERVICE WINNERS
-- WINNERS
-- SHEER LAPSES*
-- and so on
* Sheer Lapses -- when a player, in making a stroke, fails to touch anyhow the ball with his racket.
Basic principles for keeping technical statistics in a table tennis match can be well adopted from here
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=310785

Ever Yours
Igor NOVICK

Thanks Igor. I will pass on your suggestion to the TV networks that have rights agreements with the ITTF and encourage them to use statistics as you suggested.

Adham

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2010, 10:08 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

...THE Best Ever Solution to make the sport really enjoyable to watch had been, back in 1999, brought out by Mr. Rufford Harrison, a venerable ITTF expert, saggesting that the total rubber thickness should be reduced to 3.5mm instead of 4.0mm. I fully agree with the Mr. Harrison' proposal. This is going to give us everything we desire that much -better ball control, less misstrokes, more aphleticism and longer rallies. <p>So, it would be much advisable for ITTF to set up a series of experimental tournaments to be played with the rubber thickness llmitation of 3.5 mm. <p>We must always look to keep the game attractive to spectators and mass media, and the "slim" rubbers are quite the thing to try on. <p>Ever Yours <p>Igor Novick.

Last edited by igorponger on 06 Jul 2010, 11:44, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2010, 11:03 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
igorponger wrote:
THE Best Ever solution to make the sport really enjoyable to watch was brought out by Mr. Rufford Harrison ....(continued).

What is it?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2010, 11:34 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Yes, we all want to know. LOL

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2010, 12:47 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Dear Adham, Are you aware that quite a few people are still getting a lot of displeasure over watching tt-matches whether on TV or in live? We have done a kind of public disquisition on our own, and we can now say for a certainty --what mostly poisons the viewer's enjoyment is the enormous number of unforced misstrokes by table tennis masters. Match statistics for the ProTourSeries did unveil an atrocious fact -the elite table tennis players seem to have no proper control over the ball; the unforced errors by topranked players came up to around 50-60% with either of the competitors in most matches we observed, which is far to our sport's disadvantage as compared to other tv-sports: e.g. volleyball player's unforced lapses would only amount 15%; and lawn tennis player's 20-30% at their very worse. Such an abundance of mis-hitting in pro-level matches is not acceptable anyway and should be improved for the good of our sport. //No doubts, we need rubbers to be some easier to control. -->Part 2.

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2010, 00:12 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
mynamenotbob wrote:
igorponger wrote:
THE Best Ever solution to make the sport really enjoyable ....(continued).

What is it?

I think the answer would be to stop trying to make rules that quash the enjoyment and let the game be LOL

Then we could all just enjoy it!!! :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2010, 11:27 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

One of the big problems with non-players viewing table tennis is they don't understand the spin. However, spin is easy to see on specially marked practice balls. Why not use marked balls in actual matches? If addition to being better for spectators and television, this would put less of a premium on deception as players at all levels would have a better idea of the spin on the ball. Would it be good for the sport if balls were done up like the old ABA basketballs?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2010, 13:08 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
An interesting idea... I'm not sure how much of the spin you could see from a distance though, or how much you'd see when it's spinning very fast.

I would take quite a bit of the deception from the game, and although I can see negative aspect from this, a big positive is that it might make it easier to learn for beginners.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2011, 20:59 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Dear Adham,

I know you pop into this thread every now and then. I just wanted to say that itTV is terrific! Thank you for the good work on the webcasts.

I think the viewers' online ITTF Pro Tour experience would be even better if you changed the angle of the itTV webcasts to the angle below. This much better illustrates the speed and flight curves of the ball and is a more 3-dimensional view than the flat rear angle that is being used now. Please consider trying it out on a future webcast.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2011, 05:32 
King of Ping!

mynamenotbob wrote:
Dear Adham,

I know you pop into this thread every now and then. I just wanted to say that itTV is terrific! Thank you for the good work on the webcasts.

I think the viewers' online ITTF Pro Tour experience would be even better if you changed the angle of the itTV webcasts to the angle below. This much better illustrates the speed and flight curves of the ball and is a more 3-dimensional view than the flat rear angle that is being used now. Please consider trying it out on a future webcast.

Thank you for your comment. Maybe you are right. But we need to take much more into consideration:
- being able to see both BH and FH for both players
- being able to see edge balls
- giving the sponsors full view of their logo/name on the back A-boards (surrounds)

Taking all into consideration and having tested many different angles, we came to the conclusion that this is the best angle. For TV productions we use 7 cameras, so even though the main camera is the one in the back centre, the host broadcaster does use the other 6 cameras to make the visual very dynamic. However, when we do not get the feed from the Tv production (early part of an event), then we install just one camera especially for itTV, and we use the angle you don't like for the reasons I gave above.

By the way, Tennis uses exactly the same position for their main camera.

In any case, thank you for your comment and if you have any other suggestions, please do not hesitate to send them through.

Adham

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26  Next