OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 01:06

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Match 1, Div 3. Reb vs Speedplay
Poll ended at 20 Sep 2010, 01:20
Reb 48%  48%  [ 14 ]
Speedplay 52%  52%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 29
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2010, 01:20 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Ok, we have a good OOAK Divisional League list shaping up. So now to introduce you to the next stage. Each week I will run a poll of a head-to-head player pairing. The poll will run for 8 days (so there will be a slight overlap for late voters). The players can talk themselves up in the poll thread to try to get points via your vote. A poll equates to a match of just one game and there will be one match per week, first to 11 or highest score when poll finishes if no-one reaches 11. There will be players from different divisions "play" one another. Base your vote on the smack talk, vids you've seen, any info you lay your hands on. Try to vote based on perceived skill rather than popularity, but of course smack talk can be very swaying!!

For the first match, and a bit of a demo, we have a Div 3 meeting where I will go head to head with Speedplay, just for you to get the feel for it. Feel free to ask for who you want to see play in the following week, but they must be from the same Division.

For those of you who have been around long enough, we had a great one of these a couple of years ago with Der v Speedplay. I'm sure we will get aroud to a re-match of that one too!! ;)

Oh and Speedplay, you are allowed to vote for yourself (or me if you wish :lol: )

Enjoy guys!

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Last edited by RebornTTEvnglist on 12 Sep 2010, 10:33, edited 1 time in total.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2010, 01:32 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
This is going to be interesting!

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2010, 02:31 
Super User

I've gone for age (or is that experience? :lol: ) over anything else...

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2010, 06:48 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

I agree it's gonna be interesting, make sure your posts dont exceed 1000 words :lol:

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2010, 07:48 
The Court Jester
The Court Jester

I voted earlier today for Speedplay because I drive a Volvo too. :D
I bet the result will be a tie because no one wants to see either of you lose!

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2010, 09:46 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I think this is a great idea Reb! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Perhaps one option for future polls, is to click the option to allow people to re-vote? This way the vote can sway back and forth even at the last moment, and encourage the players to ramp up their campaign right at the last moment 8) :lol:

Another option could be a poll for members like Silver, who actively talks DOWN his rating... he should be in one to campaign for the lesser player :lol: :lol: :lol:

Again, great idea mate!

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2010, 10:22 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

speedplay wrote:
I got an idea, the price could be bragging rights, who ever wins can put it in their signature,

"OOAK Premiere league 1-0" and then add their results as they come? Could be good fun?

Actually I intend to keep a tally against the Divisional List. Like: Played, Won. Lost.

Now Speedplay you seem to have under-estimated my game. Part of it is blocking at the table, but its only part. I do a lot more than that. I attack with the pips and can blast the ball past opponents from my BH, and also I regularly have them put that shot in the net when they do reach it because of the swirling spin thats on it. Then there is my FH which is a force of nature!! Like a hurricane it comes from no-where and the ball disappears as fast. Very few touch my smashes. Then there are my serves. I get a lot of net returns from both underspinny inverted and from no spin fast flat pip serves. Oh and I eat loops to my FH for breakfast. No blocking, just straight smash back past. So my Swedish compadre, I think you would meet a much greater challenge than you think. Oh and as for the Aussie v Swedish thing. First Aussie's are tough and determined mate. And second Swedes may play some good TT, but doesn't mean they are better at our level!! Smack talk over....vote for me guys!!! Please! ;) 8) :lol:

Haggisv, I didn't know how the re-vote worked, but yes I think we will change that for the next one.

Saholin TT, shame you can't re-vote because Speedplay doesn't actually drive a Volvo :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2010, 10:36 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

NEWSFLASH...Hot off the press

Haggisv has advised me that I could still allow re-voting here. So anyone who made the mistake of voting for Speedplay (yes, we all make mistakes, so its OK :lol: ) can now change your vote to me. Of course I am sure there is no-one that wants to change their correct decision voting for me to a mistake now....is there? 8) :lol:

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2010, 11:20 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

LOL, people can really MESS with Reb's and speedplay's minds now! :devil: :devil: :devil: :sweat:

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2010, 12:12 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
After seeing the best of whatever smacktalk both RTTE and Speedplay have brought to the table, they are matched up. So, we must judge this one on tactical intelligence. I think Mafia Wars, time, and knee injuries have tought RTTE the value of disabling the opponent's knee joint before the battle. I believe RTTE would prevail in this one.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2010, 17:18 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

I applaud the retort Speedplay :clap: :clap:

However, there is one small flaw in there and its the fact that my smashes will avoid your bat. Anti is simply no good if you can't touch the ball with it!

And I would be teasing and inviting you to play a loop that will simply be irresistible for you...like the fly to the spider!! Then WHAM!!

Don't get me wrong, I have full respect for anti players (although I think you call yourself a user). And if I was on an off night, you might do OK. But there areno off nights in this virtual world! :devil: :devil: So, you don't stand a chance! Now if only I can convince the voters of that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2010, 17:48 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

speedplay wrote:
Cause I'm like the energizer bunny, catch up everything and play it safe, wearing down the opponent and if he makes a mistake, I punish him for it.

ROFL!

Reb vs Speedplay - speedplay declares war on Reb, and has him arrested:

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2010, 18:49 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox

I'm sad to report that Speedplay will have to be disqualified from this match for breaking an ITTF rule, which the Swedish Table Tennis Commission blindly accepts.

Reb would never have known this rule has been broken and Speedplay's bat would probably even deceive a freshly calibrated Mini-RAE Lite® testing device. However, ITTF rule 3.02.04.01 clearly states an absolute ban on all adhesives that contain harmful volatile solvents, and as we all know Speedplay has admitted affixing his rubbers to his blade with toxic, VOC-laced rubber cement.

Although the VOCs have likely dissipated and there's no way for anyone to prove that rubber cement was used, as an honorable player, we know Speedy would get no joy out of winning with an illegal bat.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2010, 18:50 
Super User

Score is 8-6 to Speedplay and I've lost track whose turn it is to serve, who won the toss?

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2010, 19:00 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
speedplay wrote:
MNNB, I wouldn't have to use my primary bat to beat Reb, heck, I could even use your tanned bat to beat him, cause surely this would be legal since the rules about friction are stupid and unfair?

ITTF Technical Leaflets state you should air out your bat for 72 hours or so. What better place than outside in the fresh air? Unlike some, I follow the rules. :rofl:

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next