OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 22:09

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 06:01 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox

I watched this guy at the Safir International last season and I just loved his game, definitely one of the most entertaining players I've ever seen. I don't know why I haven't posted these videos before since this is something every modern defender out there should watch. His footwork is out of this world and he's very consistent with his chops. I've been trying to find out what he's using but with no results, thou in the videos it looks like his blade is a Matsushita Pro Model and since he's using a Butterfly blade and wearing a Butterfly shirt, perhaps he's sponsored and are using Feint Long II also. It looks to be with a thicker sponge. Anyway, I strongly recommend all of you to download these two matches and just enjoy the beautiful art that he's performing.

Miuchi vs Törnkvist (Semifinal U21):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=105RMSK9

Miuchi vs Hanamura (Final U21):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XMDE96IM

Last edited by auzcar on 27 Aug 2010, 06:30, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 06:24 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

Blade: Victas KMO
FH: Yasaka Rising Dragon
BH: Cloud and Fog III
the links arent working:(

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 06:32 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

It's really weird, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. It may be because I've only just uploaded them. However, the Hanamura match seems to work at the moment...

EDIT: And now it's not working again :P . Seriously, I don't know what the problem is.
EDIT 2: And now they're working again. It says the videos are temporary unavailable, so I guess the problem is only temporary too.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2010, 21:17 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I had no problems downloading. I totally agree, very entartaining to watch. Interesting that the swedish commentators thought he was tired just because he sat on a chair between the sets. He's just smart :)

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2010, 15:47 

leatherback wrote:
the links arent working:(

Try again. And again. Yesterday I couldn´t get it either, now: no problem! Strange!

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2010, 18:04 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

It seems as the links are working now, I've checked them a couple of times in the last 24 hours and they seem to work permanently now.

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2010, 02:34 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
I think they're changing the servers or something at Megaupload.com. The file is again temporarily unavailable. I had a couple of days ago great issues with downloading Joo vs. Tang Peng. After twenty server time-outs I managed to download the file at a low rate of +-100kb/sec (which is low).

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2010, 10:16 

Anyone know what he's using on his FH?

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2010, 13:53 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

No idea. Tenergy maybe?

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2010, 21:43 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Miuchi will be playing Polish Open, 10-14 November. He will participate in men's single, double and U21. Let's hope there will be some videos.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2011, 23:52 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

From Polish Open: Men's singles, Group 49: CHMIEL Pawel POL vs MIUCHI Kentaro JPN 4-11, 7-11, 3-11, 5-11,-,-, -

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2011, 08:14 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Def-attack wrote:
From Polish Open: Men's singles, Group 49: CHMIEL Pawel POL vs MIUCHI Kentaro JPN 4-11, 7-11, 3-11, 5-11,-,-, -

Don't know how I missed these videos being posted but thanks Def-attack! This is probably still my favorite player to watch just because his moves are so fluent and effortless. It would be nice to see him face some stronger opponent though since the three matches I've seen with him have all been straight sets where he hasn't been put under too much pressure. It would also be nice to know what he's playing with on his BH, at least I'm quite sure he's using a Matsushita Pro blade. Anyway, since I've gone back to a more modern defensive game again, because I'm quite sure I have more potential that way, I've been looking at a lot of modern defender videos and this guy is the most entertaining. Now I just need to improve my consistency so that I don't make these terrible matches that I tend do now and then when playing modern defense.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2011, 21:18 
Super User

This is a joy to watch hopefully we will be seeing him real soon on the big tourneys.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2011, 18:02 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

auzcar wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

Don't know how I missed these videos being posted but thanks Def-attack! This is probably still my favorite player to watch just because his moves are so fluent and effortless. It would be nice to see him face some stronger opponent though since the three matches I've seen with him have all been straight sets where he hasn't been put under too much pressure. It would also be nice to know what he's playing with on his BH, at least I'm quite sure he's using a Matsushita Pro blade. Anyway, since I've gone back to a more modern defensive game again, because I'm quite sure I have more potential that way, I've been looking at a lot of modern defender videos and this guy is the most entertaining. Now I just need to improve my consistency so that I don't make these terrible matches that I tend do now and then when playing modern defense.

I am glad to hear you are going down that road again :)

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2011, 20:36 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Kentaro is playing China open, he crushed Hampus Söderlund (one of Swedens best up-commings): http://cdn.laola1.tv/ittf/iframe/player ... _MUCHI_JPN
And he managed to beat Singaporian Yang Zi 4-3: http://cdn.laola1.tv/ittf/iframe/player ... MIUCHI_JPN
I have not yet watched these goodies, later...

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!