OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 19:42

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: donic defplay senso
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2011, 17:35 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
any users of this blade please can you recommend rubbers to try on forehand,a rubber that will return serve nice and flat / short and good for loopdrive also as i attack on that side at every oppportunity,i like the tenergy but i am interested to know what others have tried

Post subject: Re: donic defplay senso
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2011, 17:58 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

dazzler wrote:
any users of this blade please can you recommend rubbers to try on forehand,a rubber that will return serve nice and flat / short and good for loopdrive also as i attack on that side at every oppportunity,i like the tenergy but i am interested to know what others have tried

That's what I am using right now, along with Nittaku Haneyoshi... On the Defplay Senso I have red DHS Dragonow 2.2 on my forehand and Saviga V w/ 0.6mm sponge on my BH. For inverted rubbers I recommend a medium-hard sponge like Haifu Blue Whale II in maximum thickness. Most European and Japanese inverted rubbers will work too, as long as the sponge is med-firm. Anything less than max. thickness will be too slow for this blade if you stay away from the table like I do (6-8 feet). Soft sponges will produce much less spin than med-hard one because of the wood's softness. This is a great blade for attacking defenders and the choice of young Chinese star Wu Yang.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2011, 15:46 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

thanks for suggestion

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2011, 08:55 
Super User

I just started playing with Defplay senso and so far it is just fine. I also use Nittaku Haneyoshi ST with Tenergy 64. I like the 05FX on the defplay. P1R 1.2, Grass Dtecs 1.2 and Akkadi L1 1.2 is what I have been using as of late.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2011, 21:48 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
I've played with the Defplay Senso about a year and currently I'm using Calibra LT on my FH, which works fine. However, I need a little more arc in my drives to be able to keep them on the table since my strokes are more about power than spin. This is why I'm thinking of trying Tenergy 05 instead. Is there anyone of you guys who have tried this combination?

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2011, 23:09 
Super User

auzcar wrote:
I've played with the Defplay Senso about a year and currently I'm using Calibra LT on my FH, which works fine. However, I need a little more arc in my drives to be able to keep them on the table since my strokes are more about power than spin. This is why I'm thinking of trying Tenergy 05 instead. Is there anyone of you guys who have tried this combination?

been playing with this blade for about 6 months now, its great, if you want more arc and spin, try the TG2 Neo, I been playing this combo and it works very well.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2011, 00:05 
Super User

I actually have not tried 05 on the blade but used 05fx. It is slightly softer and your blocks work well. Your loop arcs more and will go INTO the table. 64 throws the ball out too far on defplay for me.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2011, 00:33 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

i tried 05 in 2.1 and 1.9 and that too threw the ball too long for my liking the 05 fx is better but i am using a thinner 1.7 sponge

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2011, 08:02 

Wow, a lot of people playing with this paddle. How does it compare to Andro Fibercomp in speed? That's what I'm currently using. Also what are the dimensions of the Defplay.

Thanks.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2011, 06:14 
Super User

Blade: Donic alligator combi
FH: FS Bloom Power max.
BH: TSP curl P4 1,0mm
Xiom Vega asia max works fine.

I'm playing the old defplay for about 15 years. So no hollow handle. I haven't tried the senso version yet.

PostPosted: 29 May 2011, 14:22 

hi every one i just want to consider this blade...i plan to use tsp p1r on the BH and yasaka mark v on the fh. is it a good set up to be modern defender??
is the blade fast enough to do the smash on the fh? i think base on the review on the BH side it is already guaranteed

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2011, 00:03 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

well i took evereyones advice in and ended up putting a 1.9 sponge roundell soft on the blade.i once had a good tournament with a speedglued tackiness chop 1.9 and thought this might be similar.
on defplay senso:the throw is med/high and the loop is a little lower than 05 fx and lands shorter on the table,the control is increased and the spin is not much less.
the speed is good and you can put good pressure onto your opponent,and some of my loops were so spinny that he was having trouble getting them to land and not go long when he blocked..
out of all the` modern effect type `rubbers i have tried this one pushes and chops best,very spinny and importantly low,good enough for a chopping / twiddling game
didn`t excel at over the table flip,need to practice more,,better to slice the ball.
all in all very pleased at initial test and looking forward to next session,i am surprised that a rubber of this sponge hardness can fit so well on this blade!

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2011, 11:43 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Can anyone comment on the difference between the defplay CLASSIC senso and the defplay senso?

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2011, 01:06 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

i think the classic is a bit slower and has balsa in the middle(i havn`t played with it)

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2011, 13:47 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Due to the countless laudations bestowed on the defplay senso I had to go out and buy one.

All I can say is...

LOVE AT FIRST HIT!

I used the h3 #19 rubber (which I thought was previously only so-so chopping wise). It felt like an entirely different rubber. Great dwell time really allowed me to load up on the chops. I noticed a tremendous increase in spin right away. Very "soft" feel to the hits. No clunks or dunks that I previously experienced with the Xiom Aigis blade.

Definitely quite a bit slower than the Aigis. At first my blocks all went into the net. After a bit of power adjusting I was able to block back quite well, though not at the level the Aigis performed. On a similar note, the defplay didn't attack as fast either. It still contains enough power to get the job done, however, don't expect a rocket launcher out of it especially if you're coming from faster blades.

Vibration wise -- I didn't feel a whole lot. Others complained about too much vibration, I'm just not experiencing that from my usage of it. The blade seems quite light. Well balanced.

So I can say if your game is defense based with an emphasis on chopping and the occasional attack, this blade is a wonderful option. Skilless_slapper approved!

And never again will I underestimate the importance of blade choice!

Quick edit:

It sounds like I'm hammering the Xiom Aigis a bit, but I am not. The Aigis worked great for me when playing a game similar to Chen Weixing's (FH is almost solely used for attack/block/fish). Chopping wise I believe it lacks a certain feel I look for.