OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 17:07

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Juic Neo Anti
PostPosted: 02 May 2007, 08:21 

Has anyone tried this rubber from Juic?
At the back of the packaging it sez that this can produce your own spin when hit hard enough, very interesting... I've tried some other anti rubbers and this seems to be like a "grippy" anti. :wink:

Stiga Carbo 7.7 - Blue H3 2.2mm - TG2 2mm

Galaxy T1 - 999T 2.3mm - Dr. N Domination

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 May 2007, 09:11 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Although I have not played with this rubber, I glued one onto a bat for someone, so I had a good look and feel.

The surface is very smooth and quite slippery, which is what you want for an anti-spin. The sponge is very soft, fluffy and quite dead, making the rubber very slow. But if you really dig the ball into the sponge, you can generate some mechanical spin by means of the little grip that the topsheet does have... So the decription makes sense to me. The few people that i know that have tried it seems to really like it...

Speedplay has tried it, he had some comments on it here:

JUIC Neo Anti

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 May 2007, 09:59 
Rubber Killer!

I tried the Neoanti on my friends 1ply juic kisohinoki. Its a really nice rubber, when you hit soft it skids off completely, but when you sink the ball in, its easy to attack with. I have no idea how to play with anti, but I used my long pip strokes, and all of them work very well except for the chopblock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 May 2007, 07:54 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Nice post Speedplay!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2007, 10:26 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

.....FINALLY I just received a old sheet of JUIC Neo Anti :)
I've been hunting this from a friend for quite some time now,
It looks nice. Topsheet looks DEAD but too touch it has alot of grip, comparing to the YASAKA AntiPower. Sponge is soft I can tell it's a really slow piece of rubber.
Before I try put this on what blade should I try it on so it would be good to block flat hit and BS loop

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2007, 11:07 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Since he rubber is so soft and slow, I'd try it on a harder & rigid blade (good for blocking/hitting), and one not too slow or you won't get any pace out of it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2007, 12:38 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I tried this rubber last weekend since sheepcoate has a sheet and let me try it

For chopping the control is excellenet, similar to long pips, but it does not allow as much variation as some of the grippier ones out there. Still I felt I could generate some spin, and it had decent spin reversal.

Close-in it blocks remarkable well against fast loops... it seem to take the pace out of even the hardest loops, and return it real slow, mid-table with no spin. The soft and slow sponge is no doubt the key here...wish they used this sponge on some long pimple rubbers :wink:

Similaryl agains slow loops, attacking them with a quick closed-bat action (as I do with long pips) worked very effectively.

Against slower spinny shots or serves, if you make light contact the spin reveral is big and it's very insensitve to incoming spin. Hit a little harder and it grips a bit, and it seems to take a lot of the spin off. Againt no-spin it's very easy to control and keep low.

I could attack quite well with, but hitting it to hard does not work, since the real soft sponge just bottoms out, and you're hitting with the wood. You can certainly lift the ball with it if you dig the ball in a little, and attack with a slow mild topspin...

This rubber is far more versatile than the antispin rubbers I've tried before, and gives you a lot more options that just getting the ball back...

Although it's not a long pimple rubber, it's properties are a lot like it, much closer than they are to inverted. The real slow sponge is something I look for in long pimple rubbers, but does not seem the common.

This rubber would have to be a real contender for those that are used to slow frictionless rubbers, and are finding it hard to adjust to the much faster and springier grippy long pimples... if it's not a member of the 'dark side', it's well and truely in the 'gray zone' :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2007, 14:50 

Excellent review.

The rubber sounds quite good when you word it that way. It was rather hard to pry it from you on the weekend, you seemed to be enjoying it.

Hopefully this will be the rubber I'm looking for, otherwise out with the modified 955!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2007, 15:30 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Heh heh, yes give it back :lol: !

There's a few more thing I'd like to try with this rubber...I tend to forgot till I write up a little review like this.

I think this rubber suits you (for now anyway), but you'll have to convince yourself. I sure was impressed how you were blocking back some of my spinny loops... and when you get used to it, yuo can do a lot more with it too.

If we can officially declare this rubber part of the darkside, it seems mighty tempting :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2007, 05:40 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

The rubber only has good spin reversal on very soft shots, like return of serves... Chopping against topspin you get the reversal since you're chopping with the spin...

We used 1.5mm sponge. Yes it sure is fun to use...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2007, 08:59 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Hi Speedplay,
Anti for me is for the change of pace and spin reversal. I can chop away from the table but I don't leave the table very often. Chopping is easy with anti for me.
I think the anti I use is probably more slick than the one you have. Return of serve is one of it's biggest uses for me. On the backhand, I can use it without twiddling. You should try flicking short balls with it. Gives back a variety of spins. Not a fast flick, just a easy one but long, usually at the other person where they cant step around.
I love to block real hard loops with hard angle blocks. You can dump it in the corners and get the other guy out of position. If somebody likes to trade loop drives, I will twiddle and do a block on the forhand about the 3rd shot. The change of pace and spin gets them. I only hit forhands with anti if I get a really high one (incomming topspin) as the top is changed to chop and will float long. Even though it goes back slow, it is very hard to return as it has chop on it and hard for them to read. Their brain saw the topspin drive shot and I think it is hard for them to convince themselves that there is chop on it.
For pushing wars it excells. Good pushers will vary the spin on pushes using the wrist to add on some. Push with anti and it gets reversed to top. Sooner or later, they pop one up. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2007, 10:30 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

When i tried it, i found that ONLY if you make light contact on return of serve, the reversal is great and it's quite insensitive to incoming spin. But as soon as you dig the ball in a little (which is easily done with such a soft sponge) it does grip and you have to adjust...

I think if you practice more with it, you can actually take advantage of this, as it gives you 2 options to return the serve... you've just gottas make sure it confused your opponent more than it confused you :wink:

I see the neo anti a lot like grippy Lp actually, so the strategies are similar. It does offer a fair bit more control, buit may not be quite as dangerous...although the property descrived above is a great one...

I might well suit my game as well, as my style is similar to yours speedplay...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2007, 18:40 
Angel of Abbyss

This looks intersting, I have just replaced my Monster for a Best Anti 2.0mm and it is great to read some tricks to use it correctly.

http://www.diabolosyl.net (my own site)
http://www.tennis-de-table.com (biggest forum in France)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2007, 06:28 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Who makes Best Anti? Never heard of it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2007, 06:30 
Super User

Nittaku.