OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 14:14

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 16:01 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
rodderz wrote:
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
So you have left Pogo behind. Any reason in particular?

How would you compare the Ma WongII to the Pogo to the Palio?

The ma Wang seems to give me control chopping all the time, I havnt really dug it ib deep from along way back but I dob't think it would be too hard to do
the Palio Ck531A is good at chopping as well but I find I either beed sponge for chopping ir OX to stay at the table, I find I can do both with the Ma wang11, I did like Pogo and it still is the best for attacking serves and doing the straight bat long corner to corner serve lol, Pogo is good at most things but you can return some long unforced shots if you get your shot selection wrong, I think the Ma Wang is a little slower giving me that extra control

Interesting. Yes the Pogo can certainly send the ball long with the wrong shot selection, but then any LP is "good" at doing this, aren't they? :lol:

Certainly the Palio is worse for such control than Pogo...on the Gergely anyway. Might have to look into Ma WongII...hmm something about that sounds just so wrong on a certain level :devil: :lol: :lol:

On another note I have just put DF 1615 Ox onto one Gergely. Feels fastish on the robot and a bit of a cross between Pogo and Dtecs. Need to try it against a person.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 18:20 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
rodderz wrote:
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
So you have left Pogo behind. Any reason in particular?

How would you compare the Ma WongII to the Pogo to the Palio?

The ma Wang seems to give me control chopping all the time, I havnt really dug it ib deep from along way back but I dob't think it would be too hard to do
the Palio Ck531A is good at chopping as well but I find I either beed sponge for chopping ir OX to stay at the table, I find I can do both with the Ma wang11, I did like Pogo and it still is the best for attacking serves and doing the straight bat long corner to corner serve lol, Pogo is good at most things but you can return some long unforced shots if you get your shot selection wrong, I think the Ma Wang is a little slower giving me that extra control

Interesting. Yes the Pogo can certainly send the ball long with the wrong shot selection, but then any LP is "good" at doing this, aren't they? :lol:

Certainly the Palio is worse for such control than Pogo...on the Gergely anyway. Might have to look into Ma WongII...hmm something about that sounds just so wrong on a certain level :devil: :lol: :lol:

On another note I have just put DF 1615 Ox onto one Gergely. Feels fastish on the robot and a bit of a cross between Pogo and Dtecs. Need to try it against a person.

Robot play always seems easierl :lol:

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 16:19 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

I just thought of something, what a short blog if we were sent packing to B grade after our 5 week cycle, anyway we survived and on paper we would have been seeded 6th but finished this round in third place. The two bottom teams go down to B grade and the two top B teams come up
Our week 5
Anyhow Ill give you the gist on what happened last Thursday (sorry late report) we were playing two older Chinese players the first one is a Chinese shakehand cover-the- ball-up -blocker who will forehand loop any loose shots, (he also has spinny serves which I found out later), he will angle his bat anyway possible to block any corner to great results, hes ranked around 67 in NZ and is gritty and hard to play against, I have played him once before in a friendly match with him winning fairly easily
thier second player is a Chinese forehand dominated looper witha so and so survival backhand with good serves and puts up a great fight against any style
I played first against the blocker looper and I couldn't find any where to attack (he also plays twice weekly against NZ's best Lp blocker who is ranked around 15 in NZ and does very well against him) so he attacked my Lps either short or long and then would loop anywhere, I played well only in patches but have learned some ideas next time as he beat me 4-0

My young partner then played thier one sided looper and attacked with big shots from either wing but mainly picking on his backhand first to set up winners he went on to win 4-0 and to get his first ever win against this player and was a bit cocky after

My partner (he tends to like playing the two games in a row and the other teams seldom want to anyway) played the blocker/looper, boy this was a graet game with attack and defence and attack going back and forwards , most games went past 10-12 and both fighting hard it got to 1-1 then my partner went ahead and won 4-1 but it just seemed much closer
this was also his first ever win against this guy

I then played thier other player and he had his instructions on how to play be all set, again I was always on the backfoot and under pressure to change the game, These players have had a lot of experience at this level and Im just ariving there now aged over 50, (mind you hey are both around my age or older) I got good hits in and served ok but I couldn't finish, I believe I lost 4-1 but not very close realy, I knew what I should have been doing but either lacked the skills/ creativity and speed
we lost the doubles 4-3 but that was only thier second win and they now go down to B grade

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 17:48 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

So your seasons are effectively only 5 weeks? Do you have the re-enter the comp every 5 weeks? Is there a final at all? Medals, trophies?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 19:31 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
So your seasons are effectively only 5 weeks? Do you have the re-enter the comp every 5 weeks? Is there a final at all? Medals, trophies?

In the summer there is 7 Divisions A,B,C,D,E,F,G and 6 teams in each division with two players per team (or more if you want) but only two can play in one night =42 teams. We play three rounds for the summer (not a season of 5 games) but really 15 games and you could end up in any division if your team keeps winning or loosing
There is some minor prize money at the end of the third round of the Summer league, If you win a division
Our or my main focus was to stay in the top division which we have done so far, Two quite strong teams come up and at least one of the teams that have gone to B will come straight back up , they will be too strong for B
I have been looking for a replacement for me ( as I sponsor my own team anyway lol) but I need someone who will survive in A :lol:
Im enjoying playing these higher level players with NZ rankings of 25, 42, 48ish, 67, 87 etc, Which are around a hundred places ahead of me but I have beaten a few players way above me this year (which have no effect on mine or thier ratings) as Open championships and interclub (leauges ) are completly seperate

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 14:24 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Well I play round two on Thursday night, I think I get to play the 2010 NZ Mens open Champion, He didn't play in our game against thier team last time so hopefully he can finaly get to play me 8)

Im still looking for a replacement but no one good seems to want to play at this level over the Summer

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2011, 09:54 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

So guess who is now the best player out of 40000000 people?

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011, 21:16 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Round 2
week 1
Well last Thursday the 2010 mens open winner (still just 15yo) didn't turn up but his replacement is ranked in the top 5-6 Under 18's in NZ and the girl playing is most likely the best under 15 in NZ (as the top girl has gone to Aussie) as a sidenote this should mean she is inelligable to play for Aussie for 5 years.

Anyhow I did get a replacement who is a young man maybe in the top 5-9 under 21's in NZ and has played for NZ age groups in the past, but is just starting his training again
He can't help out much at all as he is off to China for 2 Months of high level training so well he was good for one game alas, anyhow he won both singles and my young partner won against the girl 4-0 but lost against NZ open winners replacement .... I should give them some real names I know, but just realise that all 4 players are 4 of the best Jnrs in NZ and all have played for NZ and all have won NZ titles so Im in the top company

my team mucked around a bit in the doubles and they played well, so we won 3-2

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2011, 00:33 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

rodderz wrote:

Could be anyone. I reckon I could find 40 million people I'm better than, if I had long enough left to live to research and name them all! :P :lol:

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2011, 11:43 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
rodderz wrote:

Could be anyone. I reckon I could find 40 million people I'm better than, if I had long enough left to live to research and name them all! :P :lol:

I meant 40 lol, actually I did have 1 extra 0 supposed to have been 4million.... just a teaser that I was going to beat Roger Rao

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2011, 11:50 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

This round is very broken up with round 2 week one a fortnight ago then yesterday was a drawn doubles night where you play 10 doubles in succession with drawn opponents and drawn partners, we play 1 game to 16 with no advantage, record your win/loss then go to the next drawn table to find who is on your side and who are you to play, Then we had a prize giving, the night cost $10.00 with finger foods, 40 raffle prizes to win and all good fun, Since we had won the B grade at the end Winter season I won $25.00 and also won some bikkies which I gave away to these moaning kids lol

So next week we play Round 2 game 2, then we stop for about 4 weeks to finish the last 3 games

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2011, 12:13 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Bikkies? :?:

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2011, 20:19 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

hookshot wrote:

cookies
:P

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2011, 23:39 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

hookshot wrote:

Bikkies = Biscuits, Hookshot, or as you know them better and Rodderz said, cookies. ;)

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 21:56 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

I had a great fun night tonight, I entered a hardbat competion, where all players had to use identicle bats (some kind of cheap generic Dunlop) bats, apparently some were thicker than others but I never looked , I just took what was left on the table
there were about 30 entries, and the names and the draw were , drawn out of a hat.
I have never played in a hard bat comp ever before, and I found it much more phyisical than my normal setup lo
Some of the players playing tonight were mulitiple winners in the past years, and one player already plays with Dr evil /peace keeper (so he was right at home)
there were only to normal long pimple players me and the 2008 winner (and 7 times doubles champ) and I was drawn to play him first.....sidenote many players have been using these bats to practice with for several weeks, but I only had a 5min doubles muck around before we were to start
So Im playing the 2008 winner first up and he chases the ball like the old frictionless pimple style of taking backhand all over but will wack a good winner with his forehand, I started off good just trying to be safe and learning as I was playing, I won game 1st 11-8 then he came back when I was up 10-8 to win 13-11 in the 2nd game then I played smarter to win the 3rd 11-6. (after the first round we changed to best of 5 setters)
so overall I was happy as I know he has be practicing for a few weeks now
My next game was a good jnr leftie who in the warm up never missed. I just keept it steady making few errors and I started to learn better serves and I started rolling the backhand for a extra weapon /variety, although he was good in patches I controled him thruout for a easy win 3-0, (I found out after the game that he told his friends I was the best player there) so I think I won before we started lol
My next match was against another experienced player who just beat another fav in his last match, he usually uses a butterfly fast short pimple and a thinner sriver forehand, so I knew I was in for a hard game, but I was playing good at the start, and won the first then he attacked more in the next game to win but I went back to what I know (very little) and just return everything unless I can wack it. for me to win 3-1
I then played another hard opponent in the semis who has been taking the bat home to play many games in the past two weeks and he had a good backhand chop with a loopdrive forehand (he just beat the number 2 seed) this was my best match as I was able to chop his drives back Korean stlye and realy played well to win 3-1 after my normal fall asleep 2nd game)
So now I was in the final against the number 1 player in West Auckland and he just beat the hard bat player 3-0, he was just too good against me, he chases every ball he kept it away from my big forehand, he had alot of good serves but he also could attack each side. this was his first time as well as mine playing hard bat, (he may have wanted revenge lol) as I beat him at the Nationals in October.
so a great fun night with doubles next week (my partners about 80 ) but we will have fun

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next