OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:17

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2012, 07:49 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Wednesday still no call up for interclub so I thought I would go to the top table comp which is held Wednesday nights in Auckland City, I havn't been there for 6 months myself and I will nearly allways make my way to table one, I asked them to start me on table 5 because I just wanted to practice shots , (but there is something in me where its about getting to the top table and not working on what I should be doing) we play 1 game to 21 and then whoever wins puts there are up so the controler can move peoples names up or down, I eventually got to the top table and played a tall experienced forehand looper who uses butterfly short pips backhand, I have played him once before a year ago and I beat him about 21-5, so I was relaxed and confident, so Im doing my normal backspin or sidespin serves to his backhand for no results and I thought oh well Ill come back against his serves, and he did long no spin serves where I just pushed back and then he got more and more confident and next miniute Im down 9-1 , Then I started playing better and he somehow got my best shot back and Im even further down 12-1, (then in my head Im thinking I don't know why I always leave my pips attack untill I need it instead of getting it right at the beginning of a game) the short stort is I started moving my feet/ rolled the backhand / served to his forehand and eventually lost 21-15, I must get stuck in earlier, I went back to table 2 and won a hard game against a Chinese penholder who can play a whole game with pips or a whole game inverted or just mixes it up (today he just used inverted and I won 23-21) and then the night was finished but I still had a round of friendlies against a player who plays me often , and I finaly mixed up attack and defence like I wanted to lol, It was a hot night and lots of fun

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2012, 13:59 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
So 5 tables in all? How many players in total? Sounds like the SP guy has improved in the last year. ;)

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2012, 14:56 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
So 5 tables in all? How many players in total? Sounds like the SP guy has improved in the last year. ;)

9 tables in total, not too many waiting so I would say 38-40 people
Its another short pimple forehand player who I was trying to recruit into my interclub team a young japanese penholder who I never played but got to table 1 as well

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2012, 08:19 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

I forgot about my Thursday results here game 1 round 3 of the Summer interclub
now before I start Ive been contiplating how much does will power and goal setting help compared to the overall teams strengths and attributes, Im only saying this because I was floating between the C and D grades and so was my (now partner) and I talent spot him and say to him mumma give him to me and ill take him to A grade (whilst thinking I need this little superstar to take me to A grade) she said Why? and I said he was much too good for D grade he looses all his doubles he mucks around, wins two games 11-2 11-3 and then looses the next few before comming back cruiseing to win, So Im going to sort him out.... she said yes and we more or less steam-rolled our way to the A grade, then when we get there I say to my partner is that we only have 1 goal ! and thats to stay in A grade all summer, and somehow with me winning 4 out of 22 games, and about the same with our doubles and my partner winning about 18 of 22 games we have acheived our goals
we still have 4 rounds to go and Im looking for someone better than me to take over as I would only hold him back, I wonder how much his parents have think he has improved from being a 50% player in C grade to a 80% player in A grade in 6 months as he still gets some evils whenever he looses (so far only to current or former National players except the one from Poland)
I think ill start my Thursday game 1 round 3 in a new post lol

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2012, 10:00 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Very impressive how far you've taken him rodderz! :up: :up: :up:

Why do you think you'll "hold him back"? I don't think you need to be a 'better' player then him to coach him... I'm sure you've got a very good understanding of the game and tactics.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2012, 20:41 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

haggisv wrote:
Very impressive how far you've taken him rodderz! :up: :up: :up:

Why do you think you'll "hold him back"? I don't think you need to be a 'better' player then him to coach him... I'm sure you've got a very good understanding of the game and tactics.

hahaha its not about the coaching and help its just that he is a better player and ultimatly be playing premier grade where half of the NZ team and a even higher standard (and I can't get there myself as Im strugling in the A grade lol) sidenote the premiers starts in 6-8 week he needs a stronger team-mate to help him , (Im just passing tru and he is already a multiple National Champion and NZ rep) Ill tell you what he won at a tornament in the weekend after I catch up on my posts :lol:

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2012, 21:02 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

back to week 1 round 3 of the summer interclub
We were back to play the Korean team again, but the more successful player has a back injury and there Malasian fillin is a tradional jpen leftie, who tends to block with a push or does high spin loops on his forehand

I played the Malasian player first, and was doing quite good to be 2 all, and then while leading the next I kinda relaxed for a second had some close mississss=ss and he came back to win that game and about 11-8 in the next

my TM played next against the Korean player who was relaxed and playing very well ut somehow my TM seems to keep rising and ups the anti and won it 4-2 (it was a great game to watch)

then my TM does his normal two in a row (we get no complaints) and played the Malasian guy and my TM won the first 11-9 and in the 2nd game he is down 9-8 and something happened abouta net call where I (as the umpire) agreed with the Malasian player that it wasn't a net and so my team mate was now loosing 10-8 and eventually lost , I appoligised to my TM and he said it dosn't matter because he will win anyway, which he did 4-2 whilst playing with good skill and structure he was able to change the pace and distance of his serves to grab extra points whenever getting stuck

I don't know Im just not steady enough at this level and lost to the Korean 4-0 but with two games going 12-10 and even in the last game I concentrate hard move my fat bum /cho and Im up 6-2 only to fall asleep tsk tsk lol

So now we are 2 all in games so we must win the doubles to win, I actually think I was the better player in the doubles (well I might as well be good at something) and while my TM was complaining about the humidity and wacking the ball whenever he missed I was concentrating on the job so I strat calling his serves and get more aggesive with my pips on return of sevice before we just get ahead with a 16-14 game to lead 3-2, I didn't want the match to go longer so I keep the encoragement up and we get there with a excelent counter block from me off there 2nd ball attack

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2012, 22:48 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Sounds a bit like my Thursday night Masters, where my young TM wins most the singles, I chip in one here and there, then we win the doubles LOL

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2012, 06:58 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Sounds a bit like my Thursday night Masters, where my young TM wins most the singles, I chip in one here and there, then we win the doubles LOL

hehehe yes my trouble is I should be doing some kind of training to play in this Grade, its just not something that I can walk into without some extra work lol, at a quick look I know that 7 out of the 12 players who regularly play in this round
have played for or currently play for New Zealand or are in a NZ Jnr squad

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2012, 12:33 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

I forgot to say that on Sunday I entered the Auckland Summer Open
I only went into the over 40's and over 50's singles and doubles
In the under 40's I would have been the lowest rated player out of around 15 entries so some good players turn up because its unrated and less presure, also its been around 5 months since everyones last comp
In the over 40's I played against New Zealands finest long pimple player who uses DTech grass and a 2mm hexer?
he is a leftie and he has majic footwork , tidy serves, flips, blocks, twiddles, loops, and is good under presure (not that I gave him any lol) he is over 60 and ranked around No15 in NZ on our ranking scale, he's been a hero of mine from when I first heard of his comeback last year (he stopped playing 10 years ago)
after getting a beating I asked him to coach me, he laughed and said that I was already a coach
I then played a fit Chinese lady who attacked well from her forehand and used 563 .8 on her backhand, I realy thought I would win we went her win me win untill we were 2 all and then I put my plans into work but she just never missed anything, the serves I caught her on before never worked, she never missed a forehand wher she missed the floaters in other games, I saw her beat another player later who is ranked about 70 places above me (only two go thru so I was finished)
in the over 50's I played a stong penhold player No2 seed who I had trouble with his serves some dodgy ones ) but its seems normal in the veterans lol, we had close games but he won 3-0, then the No3 seed beat the No1 seed, so I played the No3 seed and won 3-2 with the majority of point comming from my forehand chop I played ugly to win (he is much higher rated than me) then the No2 seed beat the no1 seed, so now I played the No1 seed who also has dtech grass and is well knowen here and in Aussie, I should have won the first being up 10-9 when he got a thin edge and came back to win 13-11 the next two games were fairly close, but his trickery and other abilities to collect points were too much for me, mind you If I played well I could have acheived an upset, the No2 seed then beat the No3 seed, so that left us witha 3 way countback for 2 place and to go thru, and the No1 seed got there by a point
I played 2 doubles with the same partner, and he told me how we were going to play but he did nothing , so I had to start attacking more just so we could compete, and all good fun too
I never played any Kiwi born players in any singles
My little team mate won 4 events between the two days and was quite pleased with himself lol

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 06:44 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Well I played week 2 round 3 of the summer inter club and we both played badly for a 4-1 loss, we are not out yet but we are aiming at least to stay in the grade, I have still been talking to the Japanese boy to take over from me but he is non committed and I want to continue as a reserve and sponsor

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 07:25 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Well I am now running a new club out East Auckland last night (Monday nights), I had done no advertising myself as I'm in the wrong area, (well no official advertising but I have told many people about its start) I took one person with me, I also knew about a friend going as well, but that was all I knew
anyhow a young girl came and had never played before and I went tru some basics and she learnt very fast. We started with 2 Tables and then another family came the Father paid but the 2 kids joined in as well, we were promised we could set up another table inside the badminton hall, but weren't able to until 7pm (we started at 6pm) two more players came just to boost the numbers, so in the end we had 8 people including me, mind you I hardly played, I'm running this club for a experimental 6 weeks, and two of the Tables belong to me, I would rather the new club start paying off the tables in small weekly installments, but for some reason he thinks I should just supply them as well as he charges me court hire of $40.00 for the night, I'm just being nice here as everyone should be paying $5.00 but some were just rent a crowd another only paid for himself and not his daughter so I collected $20.00, the Owner seems to think he should be getting his $40.00 lol, This is just a fun experiment for me and I could just walk away at any stage,

but early days with a strange mixture of players there on the first night
new girl to the sport, :oops:
a former A grade player who hasn't played in 12 years, :^)
the New Zealand Jnr player of the year 8)
a double pimple player, :devil:
and others :Chop: :topspin:

and unless I can get 10 paying people I won't get a cent, and I may have to take one more table :(

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2012, 09:33 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Week 3 round 3 of the Summer inter-club
Our turn to play the top team, (just when we need some momentum) So far we have had 1 win and 1 lose, but two other teams lost 5-0 last week so we are not out yet,
We have achieved our team goals set earlier in the year, but still want to hang in the top summer grade and then bring in some reinforcements for Winter
I played the leftie D techs user first, last time I played him he destroyed me and I would have got 15 points over 4 games, I was disappointed to not at least put up a fight, this time I used ma-Wong 11 ox, it doesn't have the same boingyness of Pogo, but is milder in attack, I knew from the start I could fight him, as his pimples didn't like mine
Anyhow he got the first game 11-8 , I wasn't to worried and got some advice and came back to win the next 11-7 I was scoring a lot by doing straight bat long pips serves fast to any corner, for some reason I usually don't do many in any of my games but against him I did anything that worked, he won the next , then my 12yo coach says don't try to hit it so hard he said your hard hits are harder enough so relax and whack the ball lol, this helped me to get some great points, again I let him win the next but he was getting nervous against attacking my forehand chops so I mixed it up to come even at 3-3
I let him slip away but caught up again to be 8-8, but he came out with two different serves, to snatch and next two points and then win, overall I was very happy as I fought hard against someone rated a 100 places ahead of me and has played against Aussie in Veteran Tests
My team mate had a long fantastic game against the Polish around leftie, and cam away sad because he lost 11-13 in the 7th, I told him don't worry you are 12 and he is number 42 ranking in NZ,

My team mate was still thinking about his loss and couldn't concentrate on playing the D techs leftie, I gave him ideas but nothing was going right, so I said after he was down 3-0 Take him on in forehand and don't hit to the pips unless he chases the ball wide, this was working, and he won the next two games , but unfortunately just came unstuck with a 11-9 loss that gave my TM opposition a big relief
I played the other ranked number 42 in NZ but had no show, he is a expert against pips and only relaxed at the end of games where I got points
We played ok in the Doubles but they have never lost one, So we ended up with a 5-0 loss but I think we had them on the ropes at times.
just so you know I know some of the G grade players are very capable players, so Im just happy to get the best tables and play the best players lol

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2012, 11:48 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Week two of my new East Auckland club I'm running
This week we had 9 players, with 7 paying and including 3 new players, I know of another 2-3 who said they could come next Monday
At present we only have 3 Tables, but hopefully we get two more before the 6pm start on Monday night.
I take 1 person with me who doesn't seem to have any money, so I paid for him, (If numbers build up I just won't pick him up lol)
So I'm just doing this trial for a promotion and to help establish a new venue (hopefully more for adults) as Kids dominate all other East side Table Tennis.
I stuffed up because I took two nets home with me the first week but forgot to take them this time around, I did phone a friend and had some nets bought out after about 40 mins from the start
Its still a bit funny trying to establish the Table Tennis while badminton is being played right next door, but at least we have some barriers now
and so far 12 different players have attended over the first two weeks, and as mentioned a few more looking to attend next Monday

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2012, 12:24 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Week 4 round 3 of the Summer inter-club
Well I finally got to play the young 2010 New Zealand Open Men's champion, and he is the current under 15 and under 18 National Champ as well. He was away when we played their team in the first two rounds
Just playing Roger Rao made me over-try until I relaxed and just had fun, our game scores were 11-5 11-6 11-5 11-8 to him So at least I took him to 4 sets :lol: I was amazed at his consistency above all other aspects of his game ,so I guess it comes down to training and practice

My Team mate then played his his sister who has I think won some kind of Oceania title before and is the current under 15 girls National Champion, but as I have said before my Team mate is a multi National Jnr Champion himself ( just so you get the drift the other 3 players are the best of the best in their age group and all have traveled overseas to play for New Zealand) and then there is me :dance: lol
We my TM played very good on the big points and although the scores were tight he held her off with a 4-1 win, mainly by containing her forehand and attacking her backhand

then the two young boys played against each other (It does seem to me that often boys know their pecking order before the game begin) with Roger winning 4 games to nil but the rallies they had were just fantastic to watch especially from the umpires chair, some great ones included forehand to forehand drives going 18-20 times over or big side spin rallies with both getting near sideways to the table

I played the sister next and was loosing the first 8-1 and thinking I can't handle the speed but I changed tactics to chop from either side to stop her hard off the ball forehand smack (the little 13 yo puts me to shame realy with her power) so chopping and ugly I went to keep her unsettled all the way to a 4-2 win (so I'm still the under 15 girls champ of NZ :clap: )

doubles doubles doubles, they were too organised and systematic to win 4-2 but we did have our chances, so although we lost 3-2. I was happy to get another singles win in this division,
I can't see how we can stay in the grade as although we are playing the weakest team they now have a new Chinese recruit who looks and plays like Ma Lin lol so best of luck for us

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!