OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:52

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: JUIC Euro-Chopper
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2008, 07:01 
Super User

Hello together

I've bought this blade of Alex and Luna and her's my review to it...

JUIC Euro-Chopper
This is a very huge oversize blade with unbelievable measures:
Rubber length: 171 mm; Rubber width: 162 mm; Handle length: 17 mm; Thickness: 5.5 mm; Weigth: 110 g !!!
I'm playing this blade with a red MILKY WAY Neptune 0.6 mm and a black GLOBE 999 National and the total weigth is about 200 gram, a personal limit for my play.

Balance
This blade is bottom-haevy. The main emphasis is nearer to the handle then to the top. That's normal for many defensive blades like BTY Joo Se Hyuk or JOOLA Chen Weixing. The play with a bottom-haevy blade is very controlled and normally you get a higher arc when you stroke the ball. This blade is perfect for the Neptune who has a lower throw angle than other long pips rubbers like the TSP Curl P1-R. This blade is designed for long rallies. Don't forget body rotation because you don't get enough power without it and the ball often ends up in the net.

Weight
110 gram is very much. You can handle this weight with a thin long pips rubber. Such a haevy blade is designed for a long distance play. You hit the ball very late and your strokes should be uncalculable and dangerous. Such a blade is good to for chopping and counter looping. The use of the upper arm and the shoulder is highly recommended.

Speed
This blade has a soft touch but the harder core results in a great performance. It's faster then the Joo Se Hyuk and the Chen Weixing. The softer feeling when hitting the ball very thin is perfect for the defence with a long pips rubber. As OFF blade it provides a very fast offence from the half distance. That blade isn't fit for an single defensive play because it's too haevy. The Euro-Chopper is a blade for longer rallies and for scoring as an active player with topspin loops and counter loops. Use a long arm for counter loops. It's very simple to offend with the Neptune and this strokes are very dangerous because of the speed and the strange arc.

Spin
The JUIC Euro-Chopper isn't as springy as a NITTAKU Jie Schöpp but more then the Joo Se Hyuk and the Chen Weixing blades. This mid-springy blade is fit for a good balance in returning and creating spin. Move your wrist when you hit the ball to get a good control over the rotation. With very tacky rubbers like the GLOBE 999 you get an enormous range of spin variations. With this blade it's good to learn some special moves who are dangerous and often let you win the points.

Conclusion
The JUIC Euro-Chopper is almost a perfect blade for my allround play. I like the speed for my offence and the good control for my defence. In combo with a long pips rubber it's a perfect blade for a modern defensive play who takes on the initiative as soon as possible.

Cheers, Martin

DMS Spinfire OX | STIGA Hornet | YASAKA Cobalt OX

Last edited by martinspin on 03 Jan 2008, 01:33, edited 2 times in total.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2008, 08:14 
Super User

Hm, I'd love to try one that has the head cut down to the same size as my cut-down Joo. It sounds like it'd be quite a fine blade for my shakehand style of play if it weren't for the terribly oversized head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2008, 08:48 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Great review, thanks Martinspin!

One of the things I noticed is that is actually does not feel that fast when you make soft contact with the blade, and the feel is very soft. But when you start hitting the ball harder, it feels a lot more bouncy and you can feel a boost in power. Did you find this as well?

The outer layer looks like abachi, which I think gives it the soft feel.

The Globe Nat is pretty much among the heaviest rubbers you can get, which no doubt contributed quite as bit to the weight, especially at that size :wink:

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2008, 11:04 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Hobbes wrote:
Hm, I'd love to try one that has the head cut down to the same size as my cut-down Joo. It sounds like it'd be quite a fine blade for my shakehand style of play if it weren't for the terribly oversized head.

Funny you should mention that... we just got a new JUIC shipment in, including the JUIC Eurocut, which looks exactly like the eurochopper, but with much smaller size; L=164 W=158

The construction looks the same, the balance is very much bottom heavy as well, weight seems just under 100g.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2008, 12:02 
Super User

Hey Alex

haggisv wrote:
One of the things I noticed is that is actually does not feel that fast when you make soft contact with the blade, and the feel is very soft. But when you start hitting the ball harder, it feels a lot more bouncy and you can feel a boost in power. Did you find this as well?

The outer layer looks like abachi, which I think gives it the soft feel.

The Globe Nat is pretty much among the heaviest rubbers you can get, which no doubt contributed quite as bit to the weight, especially at that size :wink:

Cheers!

You're right with the soft feel when the contacts are light. The soft feel is good for chopping with the long pips rubber. The core seems to be harder and that generates the power when hitting harder and faster.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2008, 07:02 
Super User

This is a long time to post a feed back on this tread but I did not see it earlier.

Are you Martin still using this blade, I was interested it that you have almost the same blade collection as me, plus I have a Hallmark Combi blade and Xiom Orlando. So you comments all hit home.

I have now changed form Chen to Dr N Firewall Plus, have you tried this blade?

Greggy

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2008, 07:39 
Super User

Hey Greggy

Greggy wrote:
This is a long time to post a feed back on this tread but I did not see it earlier.

Are you Martin still using this blade, I was interested it that you have almost the same blade collection as me, plus I have a Hallmark Combi blade and Xiom Orlando. So you comments all hit home.

I have now changed form Chen to Dr N Firewall Plus, have you tried this blade?

Greggy

I've tried Dr. Neubauer Barricade Def. It was to slow and to light for me. How's the Firewall Plus?

Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2008, 08:37 
Super User

Hi

I also owned and sold a Dr. Neubauer Barricade Def. It was very slow and had a nasty vibration. It was good at spin but gutless.
I had a Kinetics very early on in my chopping life ( about 2 years ago ) I loved it but it too fast for me at that time. But now I can control the firewall better, it replaced the kinetics, it has a lovely feel and great balance more weighted to the top of the blade than the bottom. If you play soft and slow the blade plays slow and spiny if you attack the ball it plays very fast. So it takes a bit of getting used to but overall fantastic.

BTW I am an aggressive defender, I attack with fh smooth rubber and also attack if over the table with LP 1.2 sponge. but if pushed off table I chop with both FH and BH.

BTW the Hallmark combi was crap good at nothing OK at everything.

BTW I have other treads on Firewall, worth a look

Gregg

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2008, 09:46 
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus

I'm still waiting to buy one (out of stock forever), but the Donic Caymen is possibly quite similar (just a little slower) to the Dr N. Firewall+

Cayman 5ply: 3 approx equal thickness balsa plys, + hard outer layers, 9mm. (Soft & slow on light contact, reasonable bounce on harder contact, hard outer layer for improved spin reveral- all according to revews here).

Firewall+ 5ply: 1x very thick balsa, + 1x soft thin layers, +1 hardish thin outer layers, 11-12mm. Should be faster than Cayman with more bounce & topspeed, but not as slow when pushing or chopping.

According to Silver balsa blades don't have the same extreme top end speed (ie way back from table) as similar speed non-balsa blades. This might be why no world class player uses one for deep defense/attack.

Member of Anastasia's Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2008, 10:06 
Super User

I think the cayman has a harder feel than FW+, I am surprised how soft the FW+ plays but has great spin generation. Handle on both Blades are nice, the FW+ is huge handle Cayman is nice in your hand.

I love the look of the FW+ it looks scary, huge and wide and fat. I laugh every time I get it out to play with.

Gregg

PS Shoebox any news on de-sponging the Guillotine yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2008, 18:16 
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus

Thread Hijack:

Hi Greggy,

After PM'ing with Alex, he's decided to remove the sponge and review it first. Next he'll post it to me with some other rubbers, for a second review. I'll then post it back to him, still as OX.

If you'd like, one of us could put some thin sponge on for a second round of tests as well.

I'll PM Alex again and see how it's going.

Member of Anastasia's Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2008, 18:20 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Alex has been slack... has not got around to it yet :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2008, 23:33 
Super User

Greggy wrote:
I think the cayman has a harder feel than FW+, I am surprised how soft the FW+ plays but has great spin generation. Handle on both Blades are nice, the FW+ is huge handle Cayman is nice in your hand.

I love the look of the FW+ it looks scary, huge and wide and fat. I laugh every time I get it out to play with.

Gregg

Has anybody played with Dr N Hightechnology :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2008, 23:47 
Super User

Hey folks

This is a thread about the Euro Chopper. It's cool if you can compare the Euro Chopper with other defensive blades like Neubauer stuff. Discussions about Neubauer blades are not so fit here because these balsa blades are completely different to play.

Cheers, Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2008, 07:40 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Yes, let's get back on topic :wink: