OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 07:21

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2011, 19:28 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Simple guide for DHS verification system: How to verify if you get a genuine DHS product?

Look for the hologram sticker on the product:

Look carefully on the hologram sticker. Genuine hologram will show you some numbers and text when you look at it at certain angles. At the upper part of the circle you would see Chinese characters and then some numbers, it’s a phone number which you could call and ask to verify whether the product is genuine or not. At the lower part of the circle you would see Chinese characters and web address.

I found two versions of holograms out there with two different phone numbers and web addresses.
1. The hologram has these information: 02787480198 and http://www.dhs-sports.com
Some has the serial numbers shown without having to scratch the silver/grey stuff, some has the serial numbers hidden by the silver/grey stuff which has to be scratched off to reveal the numbers beneath.

2. The hologram has these information: 4006315196 and tabletennis.sport.org.cn and the serial numbers are hidden by the silver/grey stuff which has to be scratched off to reveal the numbers beneath.

I guess it doesn’t really matter which one you get because I think it’s just the difference of older and newer hologram stickers (older and newer system) as long as the serial numbers are legitimate.

Scratch the silver/grey carefully, don’t get carried away and damage the numbers underneath.
After you scratch it then you will see a 12 or 16 digit numbers.

To check 12 digit numbers go to this web: http://www.dhs-sports.com/edhs/index.htm

At the bottom right you will see this:

Enter the 12 digit numbers in the box and then click on the Search button.
You will then be taken to a new window with the result of the query. You will see either one of these:

1. If you see this:

You entered wrong 12 digit numbers. It’s time to make the appointment to check your eyes because you just entered 10 digit numbers instead of 12!! HAHA!!
Because when you clicked on the Search button earlier it takes you to a new window, all you have to do is close it and start over with the original window. Just clear the existing number you entered earlier and put in the correct 12 digit number.

2. If you see this:

You get a fake product.

If you copy and paste the Chinese characters and put them through Google Translate then you will get this:

3. If you see this:

You get a genuine product.

If you copy and paste the Chinese characters and put them through Google Translate then you will get this:

4. If you see this:

It means the number you entered had been checked against the database before and you should consider the product is a fake if the hologram was intact and you scratched the hologram yourself.
If you bought the product with the hologram already scratched then it’s either one of these situation:
a. The seller already checked the number against the database, or
b. The product is a fake

From what I heard some naughty sellers would also make hologram stickers with numbers underneath, but the numbers either a made up numbers (then you will see the fake output as shown in number 2 above) or copies of genuine numbers (then you will see the already checked output as shown in number 4 above).

To check 16 digit numbers go to this web: http://59.175.170.238:8080/tta/input.jsp

At the middle of the screen you will see this:

Enter the 16 digit numbers in the first box, enter the captcha numbers on the second box and then click on the little square button on the left (Submit button). The right little square button is a Reset button in case you typed in wrong numbers and you want to start over, click on it and it will clear both boxes.

After you clicked on the Submit button you will then be taken to a new window with the result of the query. You will see either one of these:

1. If you see this:

You entered wrong 16 digit numbers. It’s time to make the appointment to check your eyes because you just entered 15 digit numbers instead of 16!! HAHA!! Anyway, the system will actually tell you how many digits you entered wrongly, such as 12, 13, 17, etc. All you have to do is re-do it again.

Now at the bottom part you will see three strings of Chinese characters which you can click on. The first on the left is the RETURN button, don’t click on it as it will throw you back to the home page. The second/middle on is the REQUERY button, you want to click on this one. The third on the right is the CLOSE button. You can click on it when you’re done, but you’re not done yet so just click on the middle one for now and it will take you back to the starting verification page.

2. If you see this:

You get a fake product.

3. If you see this:

You get a genuine product.

The language is confusing but the first part roughly says the number you entered is present (in the database) and the second part says that this number is queried for the first time.

4. If you see this:

It means the number you entered had been checked against the database before and you should consider the product is a fake if the hologram was intact and you scratched the hologram yourself.

If you bought the product with the hologram already scratched then it’s either one of these situation:
a. The seller already checked the number against the database, or
b. The product is a fake

From what I heard some naughty sellers would also make hologram stickers with numbers underneath, but the numbers either a made up numbers (then you will see the fake output as shown in number 2 above) or copies of genuine numbers (then you will see the already checked output as shown in number 4 above).

What if you buy a second hand product? Or new product with the hologram numbers already scratched or one without the hologram? Then you have to use your own judgment perhaps based upon the reputation of the person selling the item to you.

I sometime help people buy stuff from China and to protect my own reputation (of selling genuine products only) I usually scratch the hologram and check the numbers against the database. I then save the web page for my record. If the person is asking for the proof then I will send/show this proof to them. In this case when he/she tried to check the numbers on the database it will show them that the number has been queried before (by me). I could then show them the proof that the product is genuine.

I made this guide especially for the OOAK forum (though it might end up posted at other forums as well later on). I hope this simple guide will be of some value to you all.

Cheers!
Rokphish

p.s.
I don’t claim this information to be exactly accurate.
I don’t get paid by DHS nor given information by them.
These are just some guidelines that I use personally.

Last edited by rokphish2 on 03 Sep 2011, 20:54, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2011, 19:35 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Wow what an awesome guide rokphish2! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks a lot!

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2011, 10:25 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

haggisv wrote:
Wow what an awesome guide rokphish2! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks a lot!

yes everything we need to know , perhaps a sticky would be a good idea for future searchers?

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2011, 15:39 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
Thank you, Rok! I hadn't paid much attention to the holograms on the protective film of my recent DHS orders from fastpaddle.com to even know they were scratch-off, let alone web searchable. My H3N and TG3N, one of which had a 12-digit code, and the other a 16-digit code, were both the genuine articles.

My experiences ordering with Chong at FastPaddle.com have been A+ so I would have expected nothing less.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2011, 19:44 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
glad it could be of some use...

this would be all the more useful when buying the product while in china because there's a lot of fake stuff out there. purchasing from reputable online vendor would be a bit safer because they have reputation to uphold.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2011, 19:59 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
If I ever buy a DHS rubber again, I'll check it out :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2011, 06:14 

rokphish is the mutha $%^&*(! man!!!! :up: :rofl:

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2011, 22:22 
Debonair Deception
Debonair Deception

Thats simply fancy :D

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2012, 05:38 
Super User

1. In the case of my H3 Neo, that grey area on the hologram was not a *scratch-off* area (and trying to scratch it off destroyed the number underneath), it was a *peel-off*, easy to see in hindsight.

2. The link to the website to check 16 digit numbers hasn't worked for me for two days. Is it right? If not, would someone post the right link?

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2012, 17:34 

I think this link should work for the 16 digit numbers: http://tabletennis.sport.org.cn/qcwyh/index.html#. Choose the second column and enter the numbers.

Attachments:
16 digits check.JPG
16 digits check.JPG [ 107.87 KiB | Viewed 23173 times ]

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2012, 03:09 
Super User

It worked. Thank you.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2012, 11:33 

Zhaoyang wrote:
It worked. Thank you.

U r welcome 8)

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2014, 03:11 

Hi!

rokphish2, I cannot see the images that you refer in your post. In the English version of the page I cannot find the option to enter the serial number. I am curious about my new purchase; I want to check my paddle.

Thanks!

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2015, 09:33 
Super User

The link posted above by EmaChang, which worked for me before, isn't working now and hasn't been for a week: http://tabletennis.sport.org.cn/qcwyh/index.html#

(I also tried with IE which has no add-ons or plugins.)

Does anyone know how to proceed? Thanks.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2015, 11:00 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Rokphish,

I hope you don't mind, I re-posted your original post over at MyTT in the For Sale section where I am doing everything I can to reduce commerce in fake items. I mentioned that you wrote it and also provided a link to this thread. In that same thread I also mentioned some methods people might use to identify fake Butterfly items, although they may not be as straightforward as what you listed here for DHS.