OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:49

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 30  Next
PostPosted: 19 Jan 2014, 05:04 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
auzcar wrote:
Okay guys, I had a real moment of weakness but in retrospect I'm kinda glad over what happened. I had a bad session thursday night and the day after I tried a session with my old blade/style, and to be honest the results was actually worse. I had another one this morning and this session was just as bad, the only doubts that are stuck in my mind now is that I like the feeling of OX better and that I love the characteristics close to the table. To be clear I'm thinking of a style like Sun Jianfei's, I haven't decided if I think that a change of course into that style is a failure on my part or not. To be honest I like chopping with OX as well and I seem to get more opportunities to attack when defending with OX, it's probably just my technique though.

If you have a spare P1-r, try it in ox. But I don't Think Joo-blade is good for ox chopping but I might be wrong...

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2014, 06:10 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
Auz done similar to you and back on ox now and loving it,I liked the comment from last nights match ,opponent said the ball was moving from side to side as it came towards him and made him hesitate and inevitably make an error,he had some nice techniques but hadn`t faced lp before,as far as I know I`m the only lp player in the league and this is a big advantage :devil: .I found that a lot of the time the type of shots I`m facing are fast serves to backhand :D ,over the table pushers or loopkills which makes a chopping game difficult to get going but really suits the ox lp and enables one to dictate the play ,the 388d is an underated rubber imo,I tried the 531a also and the effects / control and chopping weren't as good for me,should add that in red I found the effects and spin is way better than in black(soz I know 388d is off topic)

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2014, 00:10 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

auzcar wrote:
Okay guys, I had a real moment of weakness but in retrospect I'm kinda glad over what happened. I had a bad session thursday night and the day after I tried a session with my old blade/style, and to be honest the results was actually worse. I had another one this morning and this session was just as bad, the only doubts that are stuck in my mind now is that I like the feeling of OX better and that I love the characteristics close to the table. To be clear I'm thinking of a style like Sun Jianfei's, I haven't decided if I think that a change of course into that style is a failure on my part or not. To be honest I like chopping with OX as well and I seem to get more opportunities to attack when defending with OX, it's probably just my technique though.

What path have you choosen?

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2014, 00:14 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
Def-attack wrote:
auzcar wrote:

I went back to the setup I chose at the beginning of this adventure, IE the one in my signature. haven't had much time to practice during the last couple of weeks though, it'll get better in february.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2014, 02:43 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

auzcar wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
auzcar wrote:

I went back to the setup I chose at the beginning of this adventure, IE the one in my signature. haven't had much time to practice during the last couple of weeks though, it'll get better in february.

Good! No rush to jump the conclusions (or however it should be said :) ).

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2014, 19:11 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Hi! Are you happy with your playing this weekend? Too bad your team didn't make it in the last match, but it looks like your game works nice, many wins. How does it feel? What are your thoughts?

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2014, 20:21 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Def-attack wrote:
Hi! Are you happy with your playing this weekend? Too bad your team didn't make it in the last match, but it looks like your game works nice, many wins. How does it feel? What are your thoughts?

Well, I played okay, not bad but not good either. I did play some really bad matches though but mostly it was okay. We kinda knew that it would be hard and almost impossible to climb to the second place since both myself and another player in my team are injured. Not so bad for me since it doesn't really hinder my movements, but playing with pain is never fun. My teammate though are having real problems with his knee and couldn't even play the last teammatch. With that being said, if we really wanted to climb to a higher division we have backup players that are better than all the players in my team, including me, so that wouldn't have been a problem if the club decided we want a new team in Division 2 next year.

It's not impossible that I'll be playing in our main team next year though, and they advanced to Division 1 this year. So next season could be real interesting.

I still play very offensive at tournaments since that still give the best results for me, I've only been able to practice a couple of times in February though so naturally I don't really feel like I've made much progress since then to be honest.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2014, 07:30 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Have you played in division 1 before? Big jump from div 3, and even from div 2.
Those matches you lost, where you forced away from the table more in those?

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2014, 18:04 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Def-attack wrote:
Have you played in division 1 before? Big jump from div 3, and even from div 2.
Those matches you lost, where you forced away from the table more in those?

Nope, only Div 2 so I don't think my win/loss ratio wouldn't be too flattering, especially since I'm not even as good as I was a few years ago.

Two of the losses was against players I normally beat so that's only a failure on my part, one of them was the first match on the second day and I just wasn't on my feet, a bit hungover as well. Since our position in the league was already decided we enjoyed ourselves a bit too much the night before I think :D The other one was against a player in my club that I must play very offensive against to beat, and I do win 3 out of 4 at least but that day I just didn't play good enough. Last loss wasn't much to say about, my opponent was a player that's extremely good at playing wide angles and preventing the other player to attack so I was forced into almost a classical defence style. Still managed to take it to five but couldn't keep the consistency up when it got tighter in the end.

PostPosted: 05 May 2014, 21:04 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Okay guys, I thought that I should get this thing going again, at least in some extent. Sadly I haven't played anything at all since the last matches in my league which was 2 months ago, right after the league was over I just wanted a small break to recharge the batteries but I've been having some real trouble with my stomach since then. It really started earlier than that though, perhaps around January but it got much much worse in March. I've been to the doctor about 4 times and also done a gastroscopy, I couldn't really eat properly and I've lost 7kg since January. Still don't know what it is that's causing the problems. The good news is that it's much better now and I've really been fightning to get back my lost weight, so far I've regained 5kg of the 7kg I lost and I don't have the stomach pains after eating anymore, just can't eat as large meals so I eat more often instead, which is better anyway.

Anyway, now it's time to get back into practice again, not sure how much I will play now in the beginning but I will have one session tonight at least!

PostPosted: 06 May 2014, 02:42 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

auzcar wrote:
Okay guys, I thought that I should get this thing going again, at least in some extent. Sadly I haven't played anything at all since the last matches in my league which was 2 months ago, right after the league was over I just wanted a small break to recharge the batteries but I've been having some real trouble with my stomach since then. It really started earlier than that though, perhaps around January but it got much much worse in March. I've been to the doctor about 4 times and also done a gastroscopy, I couldn't really eat properly and I've lost 7kg since January. Still don't know what it is that's causing the problems. The good news is that it's much better now and I've really been fightning to get back my lost weight, so far I've regained 5kg of the 7kg I lost and I don't have the stomach pains after eating anymore, just can't eat as large meals so I eat more often instead, which is better anyway.

Anyway, now it's time to get back into practice again, not sure how much I will play now in the beginning but I will have one session tonight at least!

Good to see you back again :clap: :clap: :clap: . Hopefully your stomach soon will be back on track for good. I am curious what you think about your game now that you have gotten things into some perspective? Was it right to change setup? Do you see more potential in this new setup than in you previous?

PostPosted: 06 May 2014, 15:53 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Def-attack wrote:
Good to see you back again :clap: :clap: :clap: . Hopefully your stomach soon will be back on track for good. I am curious what you think about your game now that you have gotten things into some perspective? Was it right to change setup? Do you see more potential in this new setup than in you previous?

Thanks DA! My doubts still remains but I will persist with the gameplan I set out to play. The thing that I have doubt on is the blade, I really miss my Defplay to be honest and I don't really feel that I gained anything by switching to the Joo. I will probably glue my spare rubbers on one of my Defplays and give it a go just to see how it feels, because it's been a long time since I tried the Defplay with a sponged LP.

In the really long run this setup definitely have more potential but I have my doubts that I will actually ever get to that level, even if I improve during the next years. At the moment I feel like I would have to get to at least a steady Division 1 level, perhaps even Superettan, before I could actually benefit from this setup compared to the ox. I would have to improve soooo much to reach that level, haha. In the end this might not work out at all and if so I'll probably return to my Dornenglanz but I want to give this a good run at least, so for now I'll just keep on practicing.

PostPosted: 07 May 2014, 01:15 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Just make sure you have fun and enjoy playing :)

PostPosted: 14 May 2014, 19:35 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Okay so I've had a few sessions now after my break and I've actually come to the conclusion that I miss playing with OX, and I kina miss my old playstyle as well. It sort of feels like a failure just giving up on this mission though but I also feel like I need to do what I find most enjoyable and fun! When I started out I thought that I would enjoy the crystal clear gameplan and stability in tactics but I miss the versatility of playing a chop-blocking game. Being able to play at the table, offensively or defensively, whilst also being able to chop and play like a modern defender is what I miss. I really miss ripping FH's frmo all across the table as well. So I will have to change the course of my plan, not entirely sure how it's going to end up but time will tell, for now I will play like I did before with chop-blocking and FH attack and see where that will lead.

Not entirely sure what I will play with though but for now I'll change back to Defplay and Dornenglanz.

PostPosted: 14 May 2014, 20:38 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

auzcar wrote:
Okay so I've had a few sessions now after my break and I've actually come to the conclusion that I miss playing with OX, and I kina miss my old playstyle as well. It sort of feels like a failure just giving up on this mission though but I also feel like I need to do what I find most enjoyable and fun! When I started out I thought that I would enjoy the crystal clear gameplan and stability in tactics but I miss the versatility of playing a chop-blocking game. Being able to play at the table, offensively or defensively, whilst also being able to chop and play like a modern defender is what I miss. I really miss ripping FH's frmo all across the table as well. So I will have to change the course of my plan, not entirely sure how it's going to end up but time will tell, for now I will play like I did before with chop-blocking and FH attack and see where that will lead.

Not entirely sure what I will play with though but for now I'll change back to Defplay and Dornenglanz.

Actually, you do not need to give modern defensive up completely, you just need to adapt some chopping to Dornenglanz ox (like Fabian) and go back to your old style but be ready to chop a little when facing attackers that you cannot handle close to the table. Just think of your adventure as a way to become better att chopping and that use that as yet another weapon to use from time to time. Against some players you can play as a modern defender and against some you play more like a pushblocker.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 30  Next