OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2014, 16:31 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Posted by ColesTT on mytt:

Quote:
Dear Supplier/Manufacturer,
The ITTF is continuing to conduct research on the bounce test as originally proposed by the JTTA.

In order to establish an appropriate limit for rebound, you are invited to nominate one blade and 2 racket coverings for the team to use as reference samples.
These should be the blade and rubbers with the highest rebound; if the fastest possible combination of blade and racket coverings are not nominated, and therefore not used as test samples, then there is the possible danger that such a racket will fail the test in a competition environment. You may nominate any blade and racket coverings, even if it is equipment that you are not associated with.

Please click on this link to submit your answers to the survey: omitted

The ITTF will use this survey to identify and purchase the equipment from the market for further testing.

We would appreciate if we can have your replies by Friday 7 February 2014.
All suppliers of table tennis equipment are strongly encouraged to participate in this survey
Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Quote:
Dear Suppliers,
Please see below the ITTF President's response to the FIT Board, after FIT’s decision to recommend it's members not to send any test rubbers and blades, as requested through the survey we’ve sent out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear All,

Mr. Lineros is 100% correct.

For me it's "mind boggling" and a total shock to learn that FIT is against the manufacturers telling the ITTF which is their fastest racket cover and which is their fastest blade. Why not? This information is claimed by retailers and the brands themselves on their websites and the ITTF can easily gather this information directly. But we prefer to get the correct information from the source. This is also to be inclusive and to make sure that any "bounce limit" established includes the existing products, and that a bounce limit is a cap on the future.

As Mr. Lineros correctly explained, once a bounce limit is established then the tuning or boosting becomes irrelevant because we would have established a "level playing field", which is the responsibility of the international federation to have rules that make the sport fair for its participants. Once all parameters for the racket are established (current ones plus the bounce limitation) then the equipment has to distinguish itself by "quality" and the personal preference (feel) of each player.

The research will go on, FIT has been invited to share its knowledge, the manufacturers have been invited to contribute, so it is impossible for me to understand the refusal to provide the information requested. Through this e-mail, of which a copy will be sent by our staff to ALL manufacturers again, we are asking 3 simple questions that need 3 simple answers:

- Which is the blade that you produce or sell that you consider the fastest?
- Which is the Racket Covering that you produce or sell that you consider the fastest?
- How do you determine in your own advertisement "speed", "spin" and "control" rating?

Those manufacturers, table tennis brands, and resellers that wish to provide the answers to the above three questions, will be greatly appreciated by the ITTF and will be included in all the following steps. Those that do not wish to take part, it's their own choice, but please do not expect any cooperation from the ITTF in the future.

A few weeks ago a recommendation came form one of the ball brands requesting a faster and simpler approval method for balls that are produced by a manufacturer but stamped for another brand. This was a reasonable request and implemented as policy immediately. This is the type of cooperation we are hoping to have.

I find it a total shame and disgrace that FIT has recommended to its members not to provide the requested information. And I also find it a a total shame and disgrace for any manufacturer or brand to not cooperate with the ITTF in this very important and crucial stage of its research.

Vicky: Please forward this e-mail to all the TT manufacturers, brands and resellers.

I hope that when all manufacturers and TT brands receive this e-mail, they will reconsider their position and send to our staff the requested information.

Sincerely,

Adham Sharara
President

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2014, 18:08 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I'm not surprised at all that the FIT is unwilling to cooperate... they are almost certainly against the implimentation of yet another rule that can disqualify a bat.

The line "but please do not expect any cooperation from the ITTF in the future" I find offensive, threatening and unprofessional. :n: :n: :n:

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2014, 19:12 
The King

But even if they would provide samples for a bounce test it would not help much, if you take 10 rubbers of the same brand, type and even same batch they will all be a bit different. With blades the difference is even much larger. This would be another role that can not really be enforced.

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2014, 19:56 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
This is a very common ITTF misdirection tactic. No one actually believes the ITTF's real agenda is to control tuning via a bounce test. The ITTF's obvious end game is to eventually extort fees from manufacturers for blade authorization and FIT is smart enough to recognize this.

Of course, the consequences of ITTF blade authorization will be crushing for recreational players: Nothing less than a ban on non-authorized blades, such as older blades no longer produced, blades from smaller manufacturers and custom blades. That's where this is going folks.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2014, 20:08 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

I can remember when the ITTF was an acronym that held great respect. Now its just a term for a bunch of stand over men, give us the money or else....

Looking back you can see its never been anything other than a secretive men's club that happens to meddle with the laws of table tennis. Very dissapointing to realise the game you love is like this, like many other sporting bodies have proven to be lately.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2014, 20:27 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
mynamenotbob wrote:
This is a very common ITTF misdirection tactic. No one actually believes the ITTF's real agenda is to control tuning via a bounce test. The ITTF's obvious end game is to eventually extort fees from manufacturers for blade authorization and FIT is smart enough to recognize this.

Of course, the consequences of ITTF blade authorization will be crushing for recreational players: Nothing less than a ban on non-authorized blades, such as older blades no longer produced, blades from smaller manufacturers and custom blades. That's where this is going folks.

That's a scary thought! :( :( :(

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2014, 20:46 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

The funniest thing is the very fastest rubbers (hard sponges boosted) don't bounce much and would easily pass such a test.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2014, 21:43 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
I wonder how hard it would be to get an International "Play with something illegal" day going where everyone used something outlawed...just as a show of protest. :devil: :lol:

I know a few who refuse to yield to ITTF rules and play this way all the time as their protest.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2014, 01:52 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Bat regulation would be the nail in the coffin, I would quit table tennis for good. :swear:

I think this is about :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash:

I hear it already, You can still use your non-approved bats, this is only for ITTF events.
But,,,,the NA,s will rubber stamp the same rules as thiers or face retribution from the ITTF. :punch:

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2014, 02:30 
Super User

WTF ! Anyway I play in a lower league but still good enough to have some fun and many rules are already not implemented consequently due to lack of control processes or empires .... so what .... 8)

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2014, 04:02 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Korea or China Amature TT world would NEVER implement stuff like this. There is ZERO rubber control in Korea amature TT, none, zero, zilch. You put grip tape on your bat and you never know who made it. No way to enforce none of tis anyway, I wouldn't sweat it.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2014, 05:03 
Hard Justice

In some ways, I almost hope this happens in the most sudden and coercive way possible, causing so much outrage that players finally split from the ITTF and start anew.

The vast majority of players are already upset about the new ball being forced on them, and it might just take one more straw to break the camel's back. Or not, and everyone would just shrug and accept it. I can imagine future racket testing where brand X chooses to stop paying ITTF fees on a specific blade model and some guy is disqualified in a local tournament halfway around the world in some podunk town.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2014, 15:47 
Super User

This is pretty stupid. To me, this is just more science research that proves nothing trying to give it some purpose as scientists always want to do. Not everything can be recorded into statistical data.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2014, 20:29 
My Precious

FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
mynamenotbob wrote:

I'm a recreational player & I won't even react to this latess lot of "Bull-dust". The rest of recreational players unless they members of a forum probably won't even hear about this rubbish and won't take any notice of it if they do hear about it! :punch: :swear: :headbang:

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2014, 06:44 
Bytes worse than his Bark
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
I agree, Gollum. I took an informal poll of my fellow district committee members earlier this month, and more than half were not aware of the imminent introduction of the plastic ball, let alone that it was going to be bigger than the current celluloid one and that there will be seamed and seamless versions. It is very hard to get amateur / recreational players, even administrators, to care about the changes coming in. I should point them here to OOAK forums, I suppose.