OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:11

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2014, 06:03 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
AA wrote:
since there are hardly any anti-vids around, here a recent batch of sets at a competition, which show the transition from long pimples to anti after 2 months of training. due to a injury around the area between shoulder and back, i was playing under considerable pain:

Amir, very nice video! You seem to have great control with your Beast and the reversal looks good too.
I play the Dr. N ABS on my backhand and I was wondering if you ever tried it and can compare it to the Beast you are using. By the way I posted a few videos of me using ABS here too.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2014, 06:17 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
@matt pimple- thx! i tried the abs summer 2013 oe 2012..cant remember...from what i can remember the abs is faster and has less reversal. i tried the gorilla and grizzly with abs sponge. the grizzly abs (soljas sheet) is easier to control than beast and is faster, but offers less reversal.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2014, 08:36 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
AA wrote:
@matt pimple- thx! i tried the abs summer 2013 oe 2012..cant remember...from what i can remember the abs is faster and has less reversal. i tried the gorilla and grizzly with abs sponge. the grizzly abs (soljas sheet) is easier to control than beast and is faster, but offers less reversal.

Thanks for the quick reply! I actually tried the Grizzly-ABS too and found it too fast; the regular ABS is slower in comparison. I believe Grizzly or Gorilla with ABS sponge should be played on a slower blade.
Interesting though that you say that ABS is slower than Beast, as I always though that ABS is already quite slow. I am not too concerned with the reversal since I think it's actually very good with ABS. Maybe I do need to test the Beast after all.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2014, 07:02 

Hi Amír,
Did you try the Beast with 1.0 mm sponge? Was it too fast on your fast Gergely blade or whatever?
I also bought a sheet of Beast with this 1.0 mm sponge. I sticked to my stiff Gladiator blade and made a test trial. I loved it very much. I specially liked the good attacking potential, but now I do not want to change my setup until end of season.
Br.
pal

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2014, 08:32 
Super User

@pal- the 1.2 version is fine..it has the advantage of being faster, so better for attack, easier to control the placement but the 1.5 is slower so the blocks become shorter

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2014, 05:45 

@Amir
Your Style is very impressive!

Why do you use Leopard? What are the advantages for you? And why do you play with such a thin sponge? Is 2,0mm not more comfortable for your style?

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2014, 08:29 
Super User

@powerpips- thank you!

the leopard is rather fast, 2.0 would be far too fast on my gergely blade. i like the leopard because its rather insensitive to spin and i have good control with it.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2014, 07:45 

AA wrote:
@powerpips- thank you!

the leopard is rather fast, 2.0 would be far too fast on my gergely blade. i like the leopard because its rather insensitive to spin and i have good control with it.

A very good chinese sp player told me that it is much more easy to play sp with 2,0 oder max sponge. therefore i play thick sponge.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2014, 10:19 

PowerPips wrote:
AA wrote:
@powerpips- thank you!

A very good chinese sp player told me that it is much more easy to play sp with 2,0 oder max sponge. therefore i play thick sponge.

but the short pips on his gergely will be way too fast <-- i think that is his point.. :)

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2014, 06:14 

Hi Amir,
Your style and skills inspire me to do something similar thing at the table. Could you tell me where can I buy a classic Gergely blade. I found this blade in a Malaysia online shop, but they refused my order. They do not want to send Butterfly products into EU countries, because of regulation of the Butterfly. I would be interested used blade also.
Thank you in advance
pal

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2014, 06:18 
Super User

pal wrote:
Hi Amir,
Your style and skills inspire me to do something similar thing at the table. Could you tell me where can I buy a classic Gergely blade. I found this blade in a Malaysia online shop, but they refused my order. They do not want to send Butterfly products into EU countries, because of regulation of the Butterfly. I would be interested used blade also.
Thank you in advance
pal

sadly the blade is not available anymore. but the same can be achieved with similar carbon blades, butterfly has also brought out two other gergely blades that should be rather similar.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2014, 06:44 

AA wrote:
pal wrote:
Hi Amir,
Thank you in advance
pal

sadly the blade is not available anymore. but the same can be achieved with similar carbon blades, butterfly has also brought out two other gergely blades that should be rather similar.

Yes, there is the Gergely Alpha version, but it looks even faster than the classic version, and I worry about the unforced errors of my backhand against the fast no spin balls.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2014, 06:49 
Super User

well the normal gergely is rather fast too ;)

you should try several carbon blades and find the best one for you

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2014, 09:50 

Nice playing AA
This is my dream style of using backhand. I play push/blocking game using long pips (GD Talon) on my backhand. Blocking fast or very spiny loops are my main problems with long pips, that's why I was thinking about switching to slick antis. I've heard its easier to block (passive block) with them. is that correct?
would you also please compare with Beast with dr neubauer anti special?

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2014, 10:04 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
AA wrote:
since there are hardly any anti-vids around, here a recent batch of sets at a competition, which show the transition from long pimples to anti after 2 months of training. due to a injury around the area between shoulder and back, i was playing under considerable pain:

I've never seen a anti technique like that.. Seems to be very effective! I've tried a few time to go to anti but the lack of the ability to play "druckschlupf" has always brought me back to long pips..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next