OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 15:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2013, 12:24 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

which blades are true 2 speed blades
i mean say 10-15% slower on one side?

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2013, 12:48 
Horse Hockey!

Giant Dragon Kris SPECIAL. This is a completely different blade from the GD Kris and there's nothing similar between the two. I have no idea why they named the new one the Kris SPECIAL other than trying to capitalize on one of their best-sellers perhaps?

But the Kris SPECIAL is definitely different on each side. The fh is OFF/OFF+ and the bh is definitely OFF- or a touch slower. I've found this blade is very compatible with a lot of different rubbers. It's my primary blade and I have two.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2013, 17:18 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
The Re-impact blades have by far the greatest difference. I agree that the Kris Special would be one of the better regular blades. Take great care with the balsa outer players on the backhand though... it dents and damages quite easily. Definitely seal it with polyurethane!

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2013, 18:13 
Super User

Try my custom designed blade , made by Dr.Neubauer. Its names "Dr.Neubauer Bamboo Defense Plus".
Both side using Bamboo wood outer ply but second ply is thicker for F/H. Center is using BALSA.
It's about 15% difference , I think.

I am currently using this blade with Spinlord Blitzschlag and GEWO FLEXXON , seem like this combo 's working well.

Here is the link : http://www.pantown.com/photoalbum/viewp ... jpg&area=4

Attachments:
2011-07-20-220521.jpg
2011-07-20-220521.jpg [ 48.43 KiB | Viewed 3591 times ]

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2013, 13:52 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Pimple Lover wrote:
Try my custom designed blade , made by Dr.Neubauer. Its names "Dr.Neubauer Bamboo Defense Plus".
Both side using Bamboo wood outer ply but second ply is thicker for F/H. Center is using BALSA.
It's about 15% difference , I think.

I am currently using this blade with Spinlord Blitzschlag and GEWO FLEXXON , seem like this combo 's working well.

Here is the link : http://www.pantown.com/photoalbum/viewp ... jpg&area=4

How fast is this compared to the regular Barricade?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2013, 17:47 
Super User

F/H is about 30% faster. B/H is about 15% faster.

PostPosted: 24 May 2014, 12:20 
Super User

Can anyone explain why a two-speed blade is necessary when you can put a fast rubber on one side and a slow rubber on the other side of any given blade?

Is it just a matter of amplification, that is, that the faster side will be even faster and the slower side even more slower, so that there is a maximum differential between both sides in terms of speed?

Just curious....... :?: :^)

PostPosted: 24 May 2014, 12:36 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
It is mainly for combination players, who want one side as fast a possible, the other slow with low catapult. It's not simply the speed that is different, but often you want a low bounce (catapult) and throw on one side, but high on the other. Yes you can do a lot with the right selection of rubbers, but a combination blade will give you more options.

PostPosted: 24 May 2014, 13:27 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

timeout wrote:
Can anyone explain why a two-speed blade is necessary when you can put a fast rubber on one side and a slow rubber on the other side of any given blade?

Is it just a matter of amplification, that is, that the faster side will be even faster and the slower side even more slower, so that there is a maximum differential between both sides in terms of speed?

Just curious....... :?: :^)

even If used different rubbers I still might prefer having a slightly slower blade speed on my backhand side

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 24 May 2014, 15:09 
Super User

haggisv wrote:
It is mainly for combination players, who want one side as fast a possible, the other slow with low catapult. It's not simply the speed that is different, but often you want a low bounce (catapult) and throw on one side, but high on the other. Yes you can do a lot with the right selection of rubbers, but a combination blade will give you more options.

Ah, I see...
Any blades that really stand out in terms of speed difference haggisv and rodderz?

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2020, 02:08 
Super User

I have a Giant Dragon Kris (original) it definitely has a faster and slower side. I use Butterfly Spinart on the forehand 2.1 red, and Feint Long 3 on the backhand 1.3 black.

This blade needs "doctoring." The handle has an unfortunate plastic insert that cut my hand. I had to put a rubber grip on it

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2020, 21:23 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
haggisv wrote:
The Re-impact blades have by far the greatest difference. I agree that the Kris Special would be one of the better regular blades. Take great care with the balsa outer players on the backhand though... it dents and damages quite easily. Definitely seal it with polyurethane!

Wich model for push, chop-blocker style?

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2021, 05:58 

Blade: Re-Impact Chevanti
FH: Spinlord Wyvern 1.8
BH: Trouble Maker ox
Hello, I can confirm that the two Re-impact blades I tried jet are true two-speed-blades with a big difference between FH and BH: Turbo and Chevanti. Turbo has a rather slow BH with only a low catapult which is very good for chopping and blocking with LP ox, I would rate it as ALL-. However, the FH is the fastest thing I ever tried and has a strong catapult. When I hit, the ball could bounce so high my opponent could not reach it even when he stretches. I would rate it OFF+. The fastest other blade I tried was an OSP V`king which is rated OFF and Turbo is much faster. Too fast for my current skill-level I`m afraid. I ended up covering the whole table with my BH. But if you can control the beast you might have a weapon. On the contrary, Chevanti has the best FH I ever played with, fast but almost no catapult at all, I would rate it OFF-. Here I couldn`t control the BH with LP ox. Again the BH is noticeable slower, I would rate it as ALL- again, but I found it very bouncy (despite the description on the manufacturers homepage). I am trying LP+sponge at the moment and are quite satisfied but it is a different kind of play. There are 6 other two-speed blades from Re-impact: Hydra, Hyperion, Krenzer Konterspin, Medusa, Select M3 and Tachi.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2021, 05:53 

Blade: Re-Impact Chevanti
FH: Spinlord Wyvern 1.8
BH: Trouble Maker ox
By the way, the Turbo might be the perfect blade for a chopper away from the table who chops with LP on one side and wants a fast other side to strike with inverted from the distance. But I myself try always to stay near the table (and as the gyms are closed our cellar is too small to move far from it anyway).