OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 12:46

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2015, 22:32 

where can one buy newstar 2080 in EU,don`t you know?

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2015, 05:10 

Hi Guys, I had Amicus advanced delivered last year but because it was DOA (dead on arrival) I had to return it. At the moment I am waiting for delivery from abroad (maybe this friday) as there is no availability in UK at the moment. Also, the robot is about £150 cheaper including delivery and free gift (from Czech rep.) because of strong pound sterling.

What I wanted to say in regards of the drills, I researched many robots before making my choice and if you download

http://www.newgy.com/docs/cms/instmanua ... Manual.pdf

you will find that there are all the drills you can dream about. You can print out the most interesting sheets for you and program them into Amicus. That is what I am planing to do if the number 2 is going to be up to the job!

Post subject: Request for picture(s)
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2015, 01:50 

Would it be possible for an owner of the amicus to either describe (or ever better post a pic/serial #) of the power cord that you plug into the outlet?

Basically, since I ordered mine from the UK (hasn't arrived yet), I'm trying to find out if it unplugs on both ends and is a universal part. such as this:
http://www.amazon.com/C2G-Cables-03134-Universal-IEC320C13/dp/B00005113L/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422375551&sr=8-1&keywords=universal+power+cord
    If it is, I may look into purchasing a compatible cord,
    If it isn't I may just purchase an international power adapter

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2015, 23:47 

Dave or others,can you help?

So far so good with Amicus Pro,I am very happy!

Can you check with Cycle bytton,please?It gives me time in secons,not minutes...2 is for 20 secs,4 is for 40,6 is for 1 min and 8 is for 80 seconds...I need to set up it to go in minutes,not seconds.I use it in my exercises solely!!!Anyone?Is it a bug ot I am doing something wrong?Maybe I have to press some more buttons to make it go with minutes?In manual it is written,it should be seconds,so I am confused a bit...

Also,I am having trouble to create some serve drills exercises,it is not easy at all,how to properly create a long serve with side spin????

This robot just needs pre-installed serves and exercises to save time,it is a MUST here!!!

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2015, 01:37 
Super User

okay so far we've had a jamming problems and feeding problems and problems with wheels needing replacement and we seems to have those solved ...somewhat.
do we still recommend this machine. and worth the 2 grand we're paying?

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2015, 03:21 

Hey guys,

I just wanted to share that I now feel like an official member of this thread. However, I still should post an intro when I have time. For now, here are some pics,

Attachment:
File comment: took 2 days to ship from UK
20150209_102931.jpg
20150209_102931.jpg [ 138.86 KiB | Viewed 4123 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Everything enclosed
20150209_103247.jpg
20150209_103247.jpg [ 209.76 KiB | Viewed 4123 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Univerisal 2-prong plug fits and power box is within US standards
20150209_103506.jpg
20150209_103506.jpg [ 276.46 KiB | Viewed 4123 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Manufactured in 2015
20150209_103713.jpg
20150209_103713.jpg [ 83.71 KiB | Viewed 4123 times ]

Attachment:
20150209_103838.jpg
20150209_103838.jpg [ 176.36 KiB | Viewed 4123 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Setup on my small balcony
20150209_115442.jpg
20150209_115442.jpg [ 138.17 KiB | Viewed 4123 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: the previous engineer in me couldn't resist
20150209_123748.jpg
20150209_123748.jpg [ 231.79 KiB | Viewed 4123 times ]

Attachment:
20150209_123805.jpg
20150209_123805.jpg [ 174.99 KiB | Viewed 4123 times ]

I have one question for other owners. Everything included was in the picture and the only thing I wasn't sure I would receive was replacement wheels. The warranty states "full 2 years" plus "5 year service and replacement parts".

I'm just interpreting that as I need to pay for anything after 2 years, is this right? please correct me if I'm wrong.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2015, 23:54 

cmelak wrote:
Hi Guys, I had Amicus advanced delivered last year but because it was DOA (dead on arrival) I had to return it. At the moment I am waiting for delivery from abroad (maybe this friday) as there is no availability in UK at the moment. Also, the robot is about £150 cheaper including delivery and free gift (from Czech rep.) because of strong pound sterling.

What I wanted to say in regards of the drills, I researched many robots before making my choice and if you download

http://www.newgy.com/docs/cms/instmanua ... Manual.pdf

you will find that there are all the drills you can dream about. You can print out the most interesting sheets for you and program them into Amicus. That is what I am planing to do if the number 2 is going to be up to the job!

Thanks for this link. I extracted the pages with just the drills (see attachment).
Attachment:
Footwork Drills.pdf [499.79 KiB]
Downloaded 293 times

One goal could be to find a systematic way to share how to program these in to make it easier for others. From the little I've used mine, it seems that it can be pretty tedious, and eliminating some of the trial and error would be nice.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2015, 07:50 

abraSPIN wrote:
Hey guys,

I just wanted to share that I now feel like an official member of this thread. However, I still should post an intro when I have time. For now, here are some pics,

Attachment:
20150209_102931.jpg

Attachment:
20150209_103247.jpg

Attachment:
20150209_103506.jpg

Attachment:
20150209_103713.jpg

Attachment:
20150209_103838.jpg

Attachment:
20150209_115442.jpg

Attachment:
20150209_123748.jpg

Attachment:
20150209_123805.jpg

I have one question for other owners. Everything included was in the picture and the only thing I wasn't sure I would receive was replacement wheels. The warranty states "full 2 years" plus "5 year service and replacement parts".

I'm just interpreting that as I need to pay for anything after 2 years, is this right? please correct me if I'm wrong.

great photos and welcome to the "CLUB" !

i too recently bought this unit.. actually i bought the Powerpong 3000 unit which is the same minus the bag.. hopefully i will have some info to contribute.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2015, 12:24 

Mine is still waiting delivery from MegaSpin. It's been February 20th since late December, though, so as long as it arrives in February I'm going to be happy.

Thank you to those who have shared some pictures so far.

I agree that it would be nice to find a common way to describe drills and settings for programs, etc.

Tibhar TEXO All | 1.8 999 Juic Elite x 2
Ross Leidy ALL Blades (x2) | 1.8BH/2.0FH Juic 999 Elite
Butterfly Amicus Pro

Erie TTCErie TTC Facebook
TSTGE5SKLSW

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2015, 00:29 

iacas wrote:
Mine is still waiting delivery from MegaSpin. It's been February 20th since late December, though, so as long as it arrives in February I'm going to be happy.

Thank you to those who have shared some pictures so far.

I agree that it would be nice to find a common way to describe drills and settings for programs, etc.

Here is a suggestion:

If we assume a standard setup (height, etc..), we could make a shared google excel doc with columns with each of the settings/categories (speed, spin, ball frequency, etc...) and rows for each drill (falkenberg, etc...). This may work since there are numerical values for most settings. For the ones w/o numbers, but discrete light/indicators, we could just assign numbers.

This is what I had in mind for "transcribing" the footwork drills pdf above.

Edit: I just attempted to whip one up...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12mNJ7yGzMDWm_l2ps9O7ltWPLShZ22nKg5J4uXh4Qhw/edit?usp=sharing

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2015, 08:09 

I received my Amicus Pro yesterday. I am using it to-day, there are a few issues with my unit, I don't know whether these issue are normal or I have a defective one. Your advise is appreciated.

Issue 1 is that the ball serve mode is not good, I set it up for a short heavy back spin serve to my left side, the served ball was not consistent at all, it will land on the left, center or slightly over the right. I tried faster speed or slower speed, didn't help either. I ended up not using the serve mode, instead just program the first ball like a regular ball on my left side, it worked ok. I had the height set on the second silver ring from the top, I tried the third ring too, didn't made any different. I was watching the deflector plate, it wasn't moving , but the ball is all over the map when it came out.

Issue 2 is that the trajectory buttons did not increment the LED lights every time, if I press the button once, no changes to the LED light, I had to press four to five time before the LED light would increment up or down, sometimes I can hear the motor head clicking when I press the button, but no changes on the LED.

I also had the common issue of the balls stuck around the edge of the collector tray in the middle of the net, even I had over a hundred balls in the net, there was no balls fell into the collector tray. I had to put two pieces of card board on either side of the ball collector tray to fix that.

Other then these few issues, the machine worked OK, heavy slow speed back spin, I like that, top spin, side spin or no spin.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2015, 09:23 

pax wrote:
I received my Amicus Pro yesterday. I am using it to-day, there are a few issues with my unit, I don't know whether these issue are normal or I have a defective one. Your advise is appreciated.

Issue 1 is that the ball serve mode is not good, I set it up for a short heavy back spin serve to my left side, the served ball was not consistent at all, it will land on the left, center or slightly over the right. I tried faster speed or slower speed, didn't help either. I ended up not using the serve mode, instead just program the first ball like a regular ball on my left side, it worked ok. I had the height set on the second silver ring from the top, I tried the third ring too, didn't made any different. I was watching the deflector plate, it wasn't moving , but the ball is all over the map when it came out.

Issue 2 is that the trajectory buttons did not increment the LED lights every time, if I press the button once, no changes to the LED light, I had to press four to five time before the LED light would increment up or down, sometimes I can hear the motor head clicking when I press the button, but no changes on the LED.

I also had the common issue of the balls stuck around the edge of the collector tray in the middle of the net, even I had over a hundred balls in the net, there was no balls fell into the collector tray. I had to put two pieces of card board on either side of the ball collector tray to fix that.

Other then these few issues, the machine worked OK, heavy slow speed back spin, I like that, top spin, side spin or no spin.

Issue 1:
I have not tried service mode yet so I cannot comment. However, I have noticed that after some usage, the deflector plates (top & sides) are starting to go from matte to glossy. In addition I have noticed some ball inconsistency. My interpretation is that there may be a "breaking in period" that should hopefully resolve the consistency issue once there is less friction from the plates.

Issue 2:
I have this same trajectory problem. I highly recommend writing to butterfly so they can provide a firmware update.
[email protected] (I just emailed them about this, and it would be helpful if you did too).

I haven't noticed any collector tray Issues and I'm using a half-gross (72 balls). This is after about 6-7 total uses.

Hope this helps

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2015, 09:51 

Thanks.
Email send. Will post if Butterfly response.

By the way, my machine had the year 2014 etched on it after the serial number.

Regards

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2015, 01:55 

pax wrote:
Thanks.
Email send. Will post if Butterfly response.

By the way, my machine had the year 2014 etched on it after the serial number.

Regards

Here is Manfred's reply (from butterfly in europe) to the trajectory button:

"Please press the button trajectory "Up or Down" not short. Hold the button and set the trajectory "ups and downs". Hold down button."

It seems we have to long press it as opposed to the other settings?

Last edited by abraSPIN on 14 Feb 2015, 04:02, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2015, 03:57 

This is the reply I got from Butterfly.

"In normal operation, you can not extreme outward, to adjust the right or left. Look in the manual. Random function balls are thrown 40cm radius at 20. This would mean that if the random number generator is switched on, played a ball over the edge to the outside. So you can not adjust extremely outwards. Third ring is ok spinning -. 2, 7-8 and speed test with the trajectory. and with the Sempler button repeatedly test the ball.
Please press the "Up or Down" button to hold the set of the trajectory. Do not short press.
greeting Manfred"

For issue 1. So basically, I can not serve to the edge of the table, this is to prevent the random generator from going outside of the table, even I had it off.

For issue 2. Have to hold the button down to raise up or down.

So basically he was saying that is the way it works.

I am having another issues , the balls sometimes stop shooting out even the ball tray is full of balls with the motor running. I positioned the silver ring a little higher or lower with respect to the outside tube, but it didn't made any different. I would say every 80 balls or so, it would stop shooting, I had to stir the balls around in the tray to make it shoot again. I am sending email to Butterfly again.

This is an expensive machine, I didn't expect it to be like that. I am sort of disappointed with the purchase.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26  Next