OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 16:40

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2015, 04:15 

Does it stop shooting all together? or is it a temporary "jam" that will fix itself?

I have experienced jams where it will skip one ball in a sequence of balls during a drill, but this is temporary and it picks up where it left off.

With the flexibility of what this machine can do compared to the competition (I bought and returned the Oukei s9 and have played around with the Newgy 2050), I'm still happy with it. Plus, I justify that any randomness/errors will only make our instincts more sharp (assuming there aren't too many). If it is just 1/80 balls I would personally be okay with that.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. And hopefully these are just "bugs" we can work past.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2015, 07:52 

Yes, it stopped shooting altogether, it won't unjam itself, I can see the ball on the top of the tube going up and down slightly, but it is not high enough to get gripped by the spinning wheels. I had to stir up the balls in the tray so the ball would start shooting again.

I was thinking about exchanging it for the Oukei s9 , I have thirty days to do it. Now you said you had the Oukei S9 and returned for this one, I guess no machine is perfect, I may as well live with it.

Will see what Butterfly response this time.

It is nice to find this forum to share each others experience, so I am not alone facing all these issues.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2015, 10:25 

Butterfly replied
"Hi
Are you using new balls? If so that could be a ball jam. Wash Balls once.
greetings Manfred"

I washed all the balls, tried with the machine, it did help a lot, it still stuck sometimes may be once every 10, 15 minuets, I can live with that. The washed balls also help with the service mode now. It is landing on the same spot most of the time instead of all over the place before. I didn't use the extreme position, just two steps before the end, it still did wandering before the balls were washed.

So here is the conclusion of my saga, wash the new balls before use. Don't set the service to extreme side positions and heavy back spin, back off a bit. Press and hold the trajectory buttons to raise and lower the head to the desired position instead of pressing it once at the time.

I put two pieces of card boards the full length of the collecting net to fix the ball stuck at the joint between the plastic tray and the mesh.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2015, 10:38 

thanks for sharing your experience. i guess the new ball "powder" must have too much friction and won't slip and settle unless they're washed. makes sense :)

just to follow up, the trajectory buttons work fine with long-pressing. although i think its strange that you don't have to long press any of the other individual ball settings.

the only problem i'm dealing with now is the side flaps will lose calibration when i'm messing with different ball placement settings. the only way to get past it is to force the placement setting to one extreme and back. this is a little annoying, but will only add a few steps when programming and doesn't seem to affect drills. i tried explaining this to Manfred, but there must have been a communication/language barrier since his response didn't seem to answer what I asked.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2015, 10:51 

I think I had the same problem before. What I did was make sure the machine head is centered on the table, power up the machine, make sure the place in at center, it should be when first powered up. Lower the speed a bit so the ball won't shoot off the table, press sample to test the landing position, check that the ball is landed right on the center line of the table. If it is not center, stop the sample test. Mine was off to the left. You can move the deflector plate left or right to center it, it is freewheeling when stopped, it felt like a stepper motor. Once I did that, the deflector plate is always on center, it never change on me for the last three days, well I only had it for three days. :D

With that done, all the programs would stay calibrated. The balls would shoot out from center to both side of the table in equal distance.

Disclaimer: I did that on my own machine, I am not responsible if caused problem with your machine.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2015, 14:18 

@ Pax, i am glad that washing the balls helped.. i was thinking your stuck situation was because the balls were inconsistent but it turns out you needed to get that "POWDER" off..

@ abraSPIN - I too had that left to right deflector plate thingy go off center. it also happened when i was programming my 1-8 ball drills. i remember hearing a loud clang and when i started my drill the balls were shooting off the side of the table. so what i did was push the left to right deflector back to center position and everything was ok.. so i am sure there must be something we are doing wrong when we program a drill or this might be a huge "BUG" that they need to fix.

also AbraSPIN - i do like your Googledoc link.. sounds like a great idea!

happy looping everybody !

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2015, 23:45 

phamster wrote:
@ abraSPIN - I too had that left to right deflector plate thingy go off center. it also happened when i was programming my 1-8 ball drills. i remember hearing a loud clang and when i started my drill the balls were shooting off the side of the table. so what i did was push the left to right deflector back to center position and everything was ok.. so i am sure there must be something we are doing wrong when we program a drill or this might be a huge "BUG" that they need to fix.

Yes... the "Clang" is exactly what happens. I've played around with the controls to try to understand what triggers it and am almost convinced its a software bug. Its just too bad there is no calibration button to center the deflector plates (other than the initial auto calibration when you first turn it on).

phamster wrote:
also AbraSPIN - i do like your Googledoc link.. sounds like a great idea!

happy looping everybody !

Thanks! If you feel it needs any modification please help yourself.

I'm hoping that eventually we could post videos of our robots performing these drills with the settings. (first without any returning, and maybe with anyone who is bold enough to share their skillz).

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2015, 23:30 

My recent email to Manfred:

"Hello Manfred,

I have been using the robot almost every day for the past couple weeks and noticed that the speed has gotten slower. I am reasoning this because all my saved drills are throwing the ball shorter and/or into the net, and it did not do that before.

Is this normal/expected?
1. If it is normal, do I just need to tighten or adjust something with the throw wheels to get it back to the previous speed?
2. Or should I just increase the speed on the controller for my saved drills and hope that it doesn't slow down further.

I just want to make sure I talk to you before I start doing anything.

Thanks for everything
,"

and his reply

"The balls have a wear and abrasion. With intensive use. The shot wheels you can adjust, with the adjusting tube. I would wash the balls from time to time. And something readjusted the speed.

regards Manfred
"

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2015, 00:12 

I am just wondering, where is this "adjusting tube" he is talking about? I don't find it in the box.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2015, 01:38 

pax wrote:
I am just wondering, where is this "adjusting tube" he is talking about? I don't find it in the box.

Here is a pic of mine. Although, I'm not planning on adjusting it. I'll just increase the speed since I was no where near the top speed for my drills. Maybe once I get more mileage on this after a few months or if it becomes erratic, i'll tighten it up.

Attachment:
adjustment tube.jpg
adjustment tube.jpg [ 132.62 KiB | Viewed 2856 times ]

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2015, 03:35 

Where did you find it? I don't see it in the box, am I missing this tool?

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2015, 05:20 

pax wrote:
Where did you find it? I don't see it in the box, am I missing this tool?

it was in the bag along with the cord that plugs into the control box. see the image circled in red
Attachment:
adjustment tube in package.jpg
adjustment tube in package.jpg [ 139.64 KiB | Viewed 2832 times ]

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2015, 07:34 

I am missing this adjusting tube. I send an email to Manfred to see where I can get one.

Thank you.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2015, 08:13 

Megaspin hasn't updated my order status. The Butterfly site says backordered until April 1… Someone told me in a PM that they got an email from Megaspin saying they were shipping tomorrow or Tuesday (23/24) due to weather, but I received no such email.

I had emailed Megaspin on Thursday, too, to ask:
I'm just curious if, so far as you know, you're still on target to receive and ship the Amicus Pro out on Friday or Saturday or so (February 20)?

They replied:
Yes we are. Please let us know if we can help you further.

Fingers crossed.

Tibhar TEXO All | 1.8 999 Juic Elite x 2
Ross Leidy ALL Blades (x2) | 1.8BH/2.0FH Juic 999 Elite
Butterfly Amicus Pro

Erie TTCErie TTC Facebook
TSTGE5SKLSW

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2015, 02:45 

iacas wrote:
Megaspin hasn't updated my order status. The Butterfly site says backordered until April 1… Someone told me in a PM that they got an email from Megaspin saying they were shipping tomorrow or Tuesday (23/24) due to weather, but I received no such email.

I had emailed Megaspin on Thursday, too, to ask:
I'm just curious if, so far as you know, you're still on target to receive and ship the Amicus Pro out on Friday or Saturday or so (February 20)?

They replied:
Yes we are. Please let us know if we can help you further.

Fingers crossed.

goodluck!

if all else fails, i can confirm that the uk site is reliable and ships fast (2 day shipping). however, megaspin has great customer service and gave me a full refund when returning my oukei s9 (despite their policy of not covering return shipping).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next