OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 20:20

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2015, 05:00 

Just wondering if anyone has tried this out and how it plays. I just got a sheet of it but haven't glued it to anything yet, as I am waiting to get a defensive blade for it. I'm thinking 729 Faster (which I have on one of my rackets) on the FH, and this Palio CJ8000 Extreme Spin on the BH, if it really is as tacky as it's supposed to be, but there is no reviews. Anyone? :?:
Here it is but as you see, no reviews: http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/pal ... -spin.html

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2015, 14:01 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
I tried the 1.5 red topsheet on backhand when I was using Tackiness c,I didn`t like that it bottomed out due to thin topsheet,less control, and less underspin than Tackiness,it might be different for you

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2015, 14:59 

dazzler wrote:
I tried the 1.5 red topsheet on backhand when I was using Tackiness c,I didn`t like that it bottomed out due to thin topsheet,less control, and less underspin than Tackiness,it might be different for you

Yeah mine is max at 2.3mm, so that might be ok. I have H2 and 729 GeoSpin Tacky on other rackets, which feels almost equal (H2 maybe a bit more tacky but it's hard to say), so I'm hoping it's even more than that. I doubt it though.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2021, 03:13 

Blade: Yinhe N9s cPen
FH: Yinhe Mercury 2 hard
BH: DHS Skyline 3-60
Does anybody know which one from the dozens of cj8000 is palio cj8000 on aliexpress? :rofl:

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2021, 08:07 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

What do you mean? They're ALL made by (or at least sold by) Palio.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2021, 08:53 

iskandar taib wrote:
What do you mean? They're ALL made by (or at least sold by) Palio.

Iskandar
Sorry Iskandar I was meaning which one is Palio cj8000 extreme spin, it looks like they don't have it on aliexpress

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2021, 17:28 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Who knows... :lol: I just had a look, I don't see anything new other than some $20+ "Provincial" versions (I wonder WHICH provincial teams actually use it.. my guess - NONE) with blue sponge, of course. I don't recall any variant called "Extreme Spin". The topsheets are all theoretically the same, of course (though we know in the past there were different topsheets with different pip lengths). Variants do come and go.. there are some that were available in the past that are no longer available, maybe "Extreme Spin" was one of those.

Oh.. OK. I looked at the link on the first post. It is, of course, on what used to be ttdb.

Like a lot of stuff on that website, it was posted a LONG time ago - I've never seen this sheet for sale, and it's probably long, long gone. If you were to find a sheet, it would be so old that the "dish" that CJ8000 is famous for has probably gotten to the point where you'd get a "reverse taco" and it'd be impossible to mount the rubber on the blade. without creasing the topsheet (yes, I've had this happen to me), which means you'd have to boost the sponge.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2021, 18:04 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
I tried it in 2.2 black a couple of years back,played like a classic rubber with tack,enough to pick the ball up and hold for a few seconds,similar speed to Mark v or Sriver,
Even 4 layers of Falco long didn't do much for it
I think there are much better alternatives now

However Pingmaster.it has it in varying thicknesses

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2021, 19:42 

iskandar taib wrote:
Who knows... :lol: I just had a look, I don't see anything new other than some $20+ "Provincial" versions (I wonder WHICH provincial teams actually use it.. my guess - NONE) with blue sponge, of course. I don't recall any variant called "Extreme Spin". The topsheets are all theoretically the same, of course (though we know in the past there were different topsheets with different pip lengths). Variants do come and go.. there are some that were available in the past that are no longer available, maybe "Extreme Spin" was one of those.

Oh.. OK. I looked at the link on the first post. It is, of course, on what used to be ttdb.

Like a lot of stuff on that website, it was posted a LONG time ago - I've never seen this sheet for sale, and it's probably long, long gone. If you were to find a sheet, it would be so old that the "dish" that CJ8000 is famous for has probably gotten to the point where you'd get a "reverse taco" and it'd be impossible to mount the rubber on the blade. without creasing the topsheet (yes, I've had this happen to me), which means you'd have to boost the sponge.

Iskandar
Palio Extreme Spin is available in Europe for 16€. But that's too much [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk