OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Victas Vs>401
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 19:47 

So im using it for like 2 months now in my FH, strange rubber. I dnt chop a lot so i cant realy tell how it chops. Where it realy shines is BLOCK, it does miracles in block. Where it sucks (my all wood blade dsnt help here either) is the top spin in a chopped ball. It is excelent for the hits and im still trying to understand where is that spin that everyone mentions.

Pushing aint bad .

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 21:13 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
sir-elrik wrote:
So im using it for like 2 months now in my FH, strange rubber. I dnt chop a lot so i cant realy tell how it chops. Where it realy shines is BLOCK, it does miracles in block. Where it sucks (my all wood blade dsnt help here either) is the top spin in a chopped ball. It is excelent for the hits and im still trying to understand where is that spin that everyone mentions.

Pushing aint bad .

Strange you're using a FH rubber that's garbage for two months. Do you like to torment yourself? :lol:

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2015, 07:52 

Lorre wrote:

Strange you're using a FH rubber that's garbage for two months. Do you like to torment yourself? :lol:

actually i love the security that gives me in blocks, especially when off balance or not in the ideal position.Is the best blocking rubber i have ever use.

Plus aint bad either in service reception (my biggest disadvantage) so i give this tricky F*** some times.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2015, 07:55 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I can't quite understand how you're not getting high spin on loops, because it's one of the spinniest rubbers around. Brush looping gives you the most spin, but even if I loop it more euro-style, I still get loads of spin.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2015, 08:03 
Super User

To be honest, i also found 401 quite unspinny overall, meaning that in order to obtain the same spin of, let's say, bluefire-vega-baracuda... you have to use much more force, both on cuts and loops.
Great control tough...

BH: Grass D.Tecs 1.5 (black)

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2015, 10:35 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I certainly don't doubt your opinion, but it must come down to the different strokes, because I've tried some of these rubbers, and for me, the 401 leaves it for dead when it comes to spin, and I'm not the only one in our region that uses this rubber for it's high spin. Perhaps the blade makes a difference too?

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2015, 09:52 
Super User

I don't know, of course it depends from different strokes, but you may also be right about the blades... i tried it on VKM, maybe it works better with harder blades?
I don't really know... I sold mine to a blocker that uses it on the BH and it helped his game quite a bit :lol:

BH: Grass D.Tecs 1.5 (black)

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2015, 20:51 

haggisv wrote:
I certainly don't doubt your opinion, but it must come down to the different strokes, because I've tried some of these rubbers, and for me, the 401 leaves it for dead when it comes to spin, and I'm not the only one in our region that uses this rubber for it's high spin. Perhaps the blade makes a difference too?

I use the CORNILLEAU Gatien Glory OFF Rosewood so maybe it dsnt give a lot of impact time to load spin(together with my crap technique)

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2015, 06:53 

Hi.
What thickness of VS>401 do You recommend form me? I play VKM+Curl P1R 1mm and actually Hexer Powersponge 2.1 which is very hard to chop with. I mainly defend with both sides, chop in every distance, if my opponent makes mistake I sometimes try to loop or smash. I think about 2mm and 1.8mm. Do you think 1.8 is enough to make loops, mainly near the table? Won't it be too slowly? On the other hand 2.0 could be too fast to chop with.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2015, 07:52 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I use the 401 in 1.8mm, but on a balsa blade, which has a very soft and springy feel, so I found 2.0mm a little had to control. The VKM does not have such a soft and springy feel at all, so I would suspect on this blade the 2.0mm would give you enough control for chopping, and give you decent attack potential. It's an educated guess though, I have not tried it. ;)

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2015, 17:21 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I ave used 2.0, 1.8 and 1.5 on a VKM. To me 2.0 was too heavy and that was the main reason for trying thinner. 1.8 is the perfect middle way. You can loop almost as good as with 2.0 (1.5 is not even close in this aspect I think) and you can chop almost as good as with 1.5 mm. 1.8 is much better for chopping than 2.0. Only problem I had was blocking and counter looping, but that has more to do with the rubber than the thickness. For you 1.8 or 1.5 would be the best. Start with 1.8.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2015, 19:32 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Since Def-attack has actually tried it on a VKM, I'd trust his recommendation better than mine, :oops:

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2015, 22:36 

I read the same opinion as Def-attack's one. That's why i think about 1.8. Do you think it will be very slowlier than Hexer Powersponge 2.1? I don't have to kill by loops, just attack after opponent mistakes ;) If it will be possible to do loops near the table it will be enough speed for me. I almost never loop further than 1-2 metres from table :)
On the other hand my VKM is only 83g weight, so lighter and slower than the heavier ones ;)

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2015, 00:36 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
rocket222 wrote:
I read the same opinion as Def-attack's one. That's why i think about 1.8. Do you think it will be very slowlier than Hexer Powersponge 2.1? I don't have to kill by loops, just attack after opponent mistakes ;) If it will be possible to do loops near the table it will be enough speed for me. I almost never loop further than 1-2 metres from table :)
On the other hand my VKM is only 83g weight, so lighter and slower than the heavier ones ;)

I have never tried Hexer Powesponge...

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2015, 20:25 

Def-attack, I found your YouTube and watched some videos. I definitely chop more often than you. I'll buy the 1.8 VS>401. If it will be too slowly I will buy 2.0 next time ;) Thanks for help.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next