OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 19:24

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2016, 04:56 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
AA wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:

But looking at the two (Luka M anti spin player and Zhou Xintong LP player), Zhou seems to win a lot more points with her LP than Luka wins with the anti. Zhou appears to have a more active game there with variations and putaways. Whereas Luka almost feels like a 'point resetting' each time he uses the anti. Well, basically he is almost pure defense with the anti side. Now and then he can attack a back spin serve or push.

Although the asian guy in that video a few posts back was very aggressive with the anti, doing a lot of attacks. I guess it comes down to preference?

well, as soon as you block with a good slick anti, the opponent will have a very hard time to loop again and might be forced to chop..so what luka does is twiddle and loop that chop. he and most others do not really attack with the slick anti because it is hard, they rather kinda twiddle like luka or push the ball with it. the only better "known" players to attack with it, is the japanese dude in the video and myself. amelie solja pushes the ball offensively with the anti. to get a better glimpse of the deadly backspin in the block, you should either watch the transformer promo-video with myself (amir ahmed) showing scenes from the 2.cnd national league or games of solja or ademir balaban.

That's some awesome playing there!

I like to do the aggressive 'punch-block' against back spin using the anti. What sponge setup do you recommend using for a new anti player? Right now I've got transformer in 1.5, that I use on the forehand. Currently glued to my garaydia ZLC blade.

Most of my 'winner' shots come from backhand loops, either near or far from the table. My forehand is the weak point, which is why I put the anti on there. My FH loop is serviceable, but nothing too good or consistent. I'm more prone to blocking or chopping on that side. I do have a good forehand smash - my problem there is a spine issue of mine acts up when I do a lot of smashing due to all the torque and rotation at the waist.

Is the anti that effective for chopping also?

I basically enjoy playing styles that are the most annoying/awkward/disruptive to my opponents :P even if I don't win the games!

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2016, 05:36 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
skilless_slapper wrote:

well, as soon as you block with a good slick anti, the opponent will have a very hard time to loop again and might be forced to chop..so what luka does is twiddle and loop that chop. he and most others do not really attack with the slick anti because it is hard, they rather kinda twiddle like luka or push the ball with it. the only better "known" players to attack with it, is the japanese dude in the video and myself. amelie solja pushes the ball offensively with the anti. to get a better glimpse of the deadly backspin in the block, you should either watch the transformer promo-video with myself (amir ahmed) showing scenes from the 2.cnd national league or games of solja or ademir balaban.

I like to do the aggressive 'punch-block' against back spin using the anti. What sponge setup do you recommend using for a new anti player? Right now I've got transformer in 1.5, that I use on the forehand. Currently glued to my garaydia ZLC blade.

Most of my 'winner' shots come from backhand loops, either near or far from the table. My forehand is the weak point, which is why I put the anti on there. My FH loop is serviceable, but nothing too good or consistent. I'm more prone to blocking or chopping on that side. I do have a good forehand smash - my problem there is a spine issue of mine acts up when I do a lot of smashing due to all the torque and rotation at the waist.

I basically enjoy playing styles that are the most annoying/awkward/disruptive to my opponents :P even if I don't win the games![/quote]

i think 1.5 serves you well as it offers the mosr control..once you get the hang, you could think of going to 1.0 for more reversal. i however think that playing it on the forehand is quite a challenge, thats even harder than with the backhand...same accounts for long pimples. i dont recommend chopping with it..only to confuse the opponent once or twice, but once he or she gets that there is no spin in those chops, possible even topspin, they will learn to attack that chop.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2016, 07:43 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
If you want to chop and perhaps attack some more than most are able to do with Transformer (not considering AA to be in this group, his skills takes years to learn) you might want to consider DMS BEAST. Very good reversal still, but more like a normal rubber and it might syit your FH better. Also, Neubauer Power Attack might be interesting but it has less reversal than BEAST and more speed. But it is more easy for attacking than BEAST.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2016, 10:01 
Super User

AA wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:

I basically enjoy playing styles that are the most annoying/awkward/disruptive to my opponents :P even if I don't win the games!

i think 1.5 serves you well as it offers the mosr control..once you get the hang, you could think of going to 1.0 for more reversal. i however think that playing it on the forehand is quite a challenge, thats even harder than with the backhand...same accounts for long pimples. i dont recommend chopping with it..only to confuse the opponent once or twice, but once he or she gets that there is no spin in those chops, possible even topspin, they will learn to attack that chop.[/quote]

But what makes LP more viable as a push blocking rubber in comparison to anti spins? Are they just easier to use? Like D. Techs vs Transformer for a block/push/chop block game?

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2016, 15:59 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
skilless_slapper wrote:
But what makes LP more viable as a push blocking rubber in comparison to anti spins? Are they just easier to use? Like D. Techs vs Transformer for a block/push/chop block game?

Easier to use and more versatile, basically. With GlAntis, as well as frictionless LP's, you are very limited, but they are awesome at what they are intended to do.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2016, 03:36 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBgCEajaLpM
i like the way the guy in white uses the anti-good control

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016, 16:09 
Super User

auzcar wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:

Easier to use and more versatile, basically. With GlAntis, as well as frictionless LP's, you are very limited, but they are awesome at what they are intended to do.

What is the reasoning behind "moveless/passive" blocks with anti? Does a chop block actually reduce the effect of the anti?

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016, 17:40 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
Quote:
What is the reasoning behind "moveless/passive" blocks with anti? Does a chop block actually reduce the effect of the anti?

In my experience with TRANSFORMER bat's movement in block increase the resistance by rubber(ball as longer time over the rubber and for this lost a part of original spin) and downgrade the frictionless effect.. and for me, yes.. chop block reduce the effect of anti..
I hope to be clear..
Sorry for my english..

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016, 20:26 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
as Ragnolo said, yes...

any motion during block with FAnti will reduce the reversal...

so ideal, you should be still while blocking...or pushing slightly forward to get ball over the net on slower balls, or slightly back to get harder balls on the table...

and forget about chop motion...if you cant, dont play with FLanti...its a habit you can not easily forget, that i know very well... :envy:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016, 23:45 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
Now.. i'm busy with my new toy.. :D
Amicus Professional by Butterfly..
I tried to block with TRANSFORMER 0.6mm top spin with max spin.. it's crazy!!! :-o
Transformer give a "monster reversal effect".. This is the proof that TRANSFORMER works very well and the problem, if reversal effect isn't right, can to be:
- low spin in opponent shot
- wrong movement against opponent shot

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2016, 02:34 
Super User

Ragnolo wrote:
Now.. i'm busy with my new toy.. :D
Amicus Professional by Butterfly..
I tried to block with TRANSFORMER 0.6mm top spin with max spin.. it's crazy!!! :-o
Transformer give a "monster reversal effect".. This is the proof that TRANSFORMER works very well and the problem, if reversal effect isn't right, can to be:
- low spin in opponent shot
- wrong movement against opponent shot

Isn't that pretty awesome? I've got the am pro as well, and blocking the max top spin with transformer is really easy! The amount of reversal it gives, wooo!

I guess that's why opponents try to give no spin :lol:

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2016, 03:10 
Super User

111Iceman111 wrote:
as Ragnolo said, yes...

any motion during block with FAnti will reduce the reversal...

so ideal, you should be still while blocking...or pushing slightly forward to get ball over the net on slower balls, or slightly back to get harder balls on the table...

and forget about chop motion...if you cant, dont play with FLanti...its a habit you can not easily forget, that i know very well... :envy:

Why is LP considered easier to use then? I have more trouble keeping returns on the table with LP, than I do with anti. If somebody is looping heavy spin at me, a lot of times the LP I'm using kicks it up too high or off the table. Whereas my anti just brings it right down. Same thing with the chops from off the table. With transformer I miss much less often than with LP. The spin might not be as heavy, though the consistency is greater. And at my amateur level, just putting the ball on the table is often enough to win!

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2016, 07:09 
Super User

then you are one of a thousand that have natural FLanti moves...

it is more difficult because you have to open the blade more on a more powerful shots, what is against the "normal" logic...

and you depend solely on the right angle and cant impart any of your spin to pacify the ball, so if you miss the angle even by a little, you are screwed...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2016, 02:04 
Super User

111Iceman111 wrote:
then you are one of a thousand that have natural FLanti moves...

it is more difficult because you have to open the blade more on a more powerful shots, what is against the "normal" logic...

and you depend solely on the right angle and cant impart any of your spin to pacify the ball, so if you miss the angle even by a little, you are screwed...

The more I use it now, the more I am loving it! All that reversal! The problem of attacking top spin is still there, but as infrequently as I do smashes and loops on the forehand, I've been finding twiddling the odd ball here and there to be quite effective.

I enjoy baiting the "loop happy" players by giving them low pushes that they really try to spin up, and the anti blocks after that are much more deadly, being very short and filled with back spin. When dealing with more floaty or spinless balls using transformer, I've been doing a sort of ramming motion with the open blade. Kind of like a mini-smash angled off to one side. If I hit too hard, then the ball floats long.

After watching AA play more, I think the better option was to go for a finish with the attacking side when receiving any of those weak balls from the opponent. Being too passive with transformer on those just seems to set me up to be killed myself! The other thing I do is a fake cutting/slicing motion or side swiping when returning those with the anti. So they think there will be spin on the ball, but of course after a few they realize there won't be any. So again I twiddle now and then doing the same motion to confuse them. No spin or spinny? Not very often, but I introduce it enough to keep them guessing. I've got a tournament at the end of the month so we'll see how I do there! :devil:

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2016, 09:33 
Super User

haha it seems you are having fun like you should :up:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!