OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:45

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2016, 02:53 
Super User

I use Dtechs 0,5 at the moment and really like it against opponents that attacks well and spins a lot.
But against opponents that just pushes and lift it is a nightmare due to the lack of grip.

I have about 1800 in Rating and have been playing with lp for 4 years.

I have tried Curl P1r ( several times ) i cannot control it.

Which rubber will give massive underspin in chops and good control at the table ?
should i use 0,5 or 1.0 sponge ?

I will keep ny primary setup but test a new lp and the same kind of blade and FH rubber.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2016, 04:05 

Blade: Matsushita Pro AL
FH: Tenergy 80 2.1
BH: Easy P Long Pips 1.0
The best thing to do is to twiddle and push with your inverted. I have been dealing with this problem for many years.
And the only thing I can do that works is push down the line with my inverted rubber or push down the line with my pips, but a long pip push has to be low and bounce low almost a straight line so you have to time it perfectly. Then after you do your push down the line attack the next ball. I'm an OX chopper and pushing low with the pips is a must. A 1.0 sponge chopper can add spin to their push but I hate sponge on Pips.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2016, 06:00 
Super User

I really struggle with twiddling.
So I would like to try alternatives on my second blade.

Should I look for Feint 2 or 3 or Curl P4 or is there any other good alternatives ?

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2016, 09:22 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
What in the P1-R makes it uncontrollable? Is it near the table pushing or far away from the table chopping?

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2016, 00:07 
Super User

Especially chopping is difficult.
Chops are too High with P1R and I feel it is very sensitive to sidespin loops.
I would like to try a pip that chops Well and Easy to use over the table ..

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2016, 00:12 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Tenergy05fx wrote:

You're looking for a pip that doesn't have grip while chopping and does have grip while pushing. That doesn't exist. Why don't you try DTecs 0.9 (or even 1.2)? It'll have more grip.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2016, 05:04 

Tenergy05fx wrote:

Not the pip, you would like to have the tecnique to keep your chops low. Praticing is the answer. Praticing more and harder.
However, if you would make your chopping life easier plus having potential over the table: ox is the answer.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2016, 18:01 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
I have to repeat that I am happy with my Sanwei Code 0.5-1.0, after playing with ox pips for years. It has outstanding control for table plays like blocks, pushes, serve returns and rolls. Safest pip I have played. No problem with chopping.

I have tried lately FL2 1.0, Cloud&Fog 1.0, Palio 0.5, P1r 0.5 and some others, But Sanwei Code feels clearly the best for me.

Only 12 € with free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sanwei-CODE-Lon ... XQCgpRu7cp

I think that safeness in table plays is the best way to get more wins as an average tournament player. Just minimize easy mistakes.

I played 3. division games last weekend and won every game. I had chopper teammate with FL3 0.5 and most opponets said that it was way more difficult to play against my pips than his pips.

(Only video I have of me (black shirt) playing with SC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr5nhhrc8F4 )

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2016, 18:23 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
Great video! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2016, 01:51 
Chop the Ball not the Beard!
Chop the Ball not the Beard!

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: hybrid k1 euro
BH: Curl p1r 1.0
Man you have tried almost all pips in the face of earth and didnt find the perfect pip...

Keep with the grass and practice more...

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2016, 07:33 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Lorre wrote:
Tenergy05fx wrote:

You're looking for a pip that doesn't have grip while chopping and does have grip while pushing. That doesn't exist. Why don't you try DTecs 0.9 (or even 1.2)? It'll have more grip.

Yep! You can't have a low friction pip for close to the table blocking that is also excellent at chopping by adding spin! Opposite ends of the spectrum...

Low friction for serve receive and block -- high friction (moving closer to inverted) for spinny chops.

Your only hope would be to use one of those pips with low friction tops and grippy sides, and learn how to really activate the grippy sides of the pips when chopping. And even then, I've not really heard of too many success stories from those. Something like the spinlord dornenglanz.

I'm actually looking for a pip that does something similar at the moment. Though again... what you're after doesn't really exist! So you choose the trade off -- do you want to block or chop more? Then pick the pip with slighter better attributes for that style. Maybe an all-round one even. The alpha p-3 r from tibhar is pretty good for chopping and attacking, but the blocks suffer in control and reversal. The reversal is still present, just much weaker.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2016, 09:25 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

Blade: Victas KMO
FH: Yasaka Rising Dragon
BH: Cloud and Fog III
skilless_slapper wrote:
Lorre wrote:
Tenergy05fx wrote:

Yep! You can't have a low friction pip for close to the table blocking that is also excellent at chopping by adding spin! Opposite ends of the spectrum...

Low friction for serve receive and block -- high friction (moving closer to inverted) for spinny chops.

Your only hope would be to use one of those pips with low friction tops and grippy sides, and learn how to really activate the grippy sides of the pips when chopping. And even then, I've not really heard of too many success stories from those. Something like the spinlord dornenglanz.

I'm actually looking for a pip that does something similar at the moment. Though again... what you're after doesn't really exist! So you choose the trade off -- do you want to block or chop more? Then pick the pip with slighter better attributes for that style. Maybe an all-round one even. The alpha p-3 r from tibhar is pretty good for chopping and attacking, but the blocks suffer in control and reversal. The reversal is still present, just much weaker.

...*TSP p3a-R. Not tibhar :P

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2016, 10:22 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
leatherback wrote:
...*TSP p3a-R. Not tibhar :P

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Quite true -- you think I might remember, considering I have 6 packages of it here on my desk...

Another decent one is the dawei 388d-1 quattro. I've been using anti spin recently. The blocking is great, but the dead balls or low spin balls make counter chopping (without twiddling) near impossible! Unless you don't mind sending back dead balls yourself. If you aren't playing against loop happy punks, then those frictionless rubbers lose a lot of their effectiveness from my experience.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2016, 11:13 
Joo Too
Joo Too

skilless_slapper wrote:

Which isn't according to the rules if it has low friction tops and grippy sides. Might be the pip geometry, though.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2016, 05:36 
Super User

I know Butterfly products are not popular on this board, but Feint Long 3 is an excellent rubber for heavy underspin chops and good short table game. If you dont want to buy Butterfly then Curl p-4 is similar to Feint Long 3. Please note, attacking with Feint Long 3 happens in slow motion (btw is is very hard to find in 1.1 mm anymore usually its 1.3 or .05....

Ian