OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:54

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Training rubber
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2017, 04:26 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
iskandar taib wrote:
Hadn't heard of Yasaka Rising Dragon, so I looked it up.

http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/ ... ing-dragon

40 Euro - about the price of some Tensors. Says Made in China. Hopefully not related to Yasaka ZAP and New Era (which are OEMed by Palio). ZAP had major dish problems, like CJ8000. Not surprising, when you consider who makes it.

Leatherback's review:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30748

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2017, 05:18 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
iskandar taib wrote:
Hadn't heard of Yasaka Rising Dragon, so I looked it up.

http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/ ... ing-dragon

40 Euro - about the price of some Tensors. Says Made in China. Hopefully not related to Yasaka ZAP and New Era (which are OEMed by Palio). ZAP had major dish problems, like CJ8000. Not surprising, when you consider who makes it.

The problem with 729-x rubbers is there are so many of them... :lol: Beginning with 729-2 and ending with.. what, 729-9? 729-10? :lol: Why choose 729-5 in particular? I've still got a sheet of 729-2 (has "Sensor" technology.. :lol: People were actually discussing this some years ago, you can still find the posts... Maybe it's just supposed to SOUND like "Tensor".) and a sheet of 729-8 with the European sponge, have yet to do anything with them. Better packaging than the cheaper rubbers.

Iskandar

Yep :-) Sensor tech of 729 ! It senses the ball and pulls it into the rubber ! Its like Sonar Doppler effect ! /s just kidding :D

Reason I am on the YRD is becos when I serve very spinny on the 729 SuperFX ppl figure out how much to lift to send it back. Same with Rakza7 and Xiom Omega Tour V. So I end up not being able to counter my own spin :punch: fighting myself throughout my own game.

Now with YRD, even I dont know when I am serving more spin ! or less spin!! or no-spin !!! :lol:

Its so great ! :rofl: Now if someone attacks my serves, they have no idea what will happen. But I know for sure that the return is going to be dead-easy and simple to attack from my side. 8) So either I just do a normal short-push, or flick-attack it.

But the Yasaka Rising Dragon is really really stable mid-table and faraway-table. It generates tons of spin either if you start digging into the sponge or just light-brush looping ( slightly tacky topsheet engages very early ... then mechanical spin as the ball sinks into the sponge ). So you can be sure your returns are getting spin on them. Problem is very close-table. The slight tacky doesnt help nearly enough so active but slower flicks and more aggressive chops/pushes to get some spin out of it.

All this spin / speed means you dont need to boost YRD at all. It is already too fast and too hard. :lol: I am still using it on my TSP Versal Balsa blade. While my TSP BB7.0 has the 729-5s now.

729-5 is similar to MarkV but in fact is slightly slower. I think boosting doesn't help the rubber at all and maybe has made the sponge way too soft. 729-5 cream sponge+topsheet reminds me of 729 Focus+Snipe III. Same shiny but grippy topsheet, slightly brittle but very soft cream sponge. Same with both rubbers bottoming out anytime you want to smash easily hitting against spin. Very very tough to loop/counter-loop heavy spin ball.

I saw 729 Origin and 729-2 rubbers in that long wasteful packaging. Should I buy those ??? :-) They are still cheap ( around 10 USD ).

:party: Gotta really catch'em all :rock: to find the right tacky, spinny, lightweight, smacky, choppy rubbers :clap:

I want to find "training" rubbers that will help deal with different problem areas that I am uncomfortable to play in. I don't want to damage my YRD experimenting. So my main setup is safe and only comes out when I am serious about the game and not messing around.

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2017, 07:54 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Heck, get it, try it and see.. :lol: I've got a pile of rubber 2 feet tall that I haven't tested yet.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2017, 16:30 
Super User

Blade: Palio WAY-003
FH: Yinhe Mars II medium
BH: Yinhe 955
Really? May I ask you to dig through it and tell me if there's some Double Fish (830 and/or FS232), Tuple 007 (Tokyo?) and Dawei 388A/388A-4 in it?

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2017, 17:05 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

No, unfortunately none of those. Latest additions are a sheet of Tin Arc (because certain people said it was very much like Tenergy), one sheet of Eagle and two sheets of Kangaroo (one they sent me for free). I have several variants of Training Whale and Training Shark (boosted, unboosted, uh, I mean "untunned", black sponge, I, II, III, IV), and every conceivable variation of CJ8000 and Zap.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2017, 18:02 
Super User

Blade: Palio WAY-003
FH: Yinhe Mars II medium
BH: Yinhe 955
That leaves nothing but buying them on my own and tell it here :lol:

I'll pinpoint it on Tuple 007 and Dawei 388A-4, but it won't happen this early, at best around summer. Autumn will be more likely.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2017, 13:57 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Problem with constantly testing rubber is that it's not the best way to get better.. :lol: One reason why I have so much Zap and CJ8000 in the pile is that I initially wanted to see what the differences were between the various types. So I tried the softest sponge, the hardest sponge, the Biotech sponge.. and was quite disappointed to find that the differences were miniscule. Not to mention having to deal with the dish problem sheet after sheet (got an actual CREASE in one topsheet... :lol: ) So I gave up after a few. The testing pretty much ceased after I bought a sheet of Rasant and a sheet of Big Dipper - I kept using these not because they played any better but because I had paid so much money for them I felt obligated to use them until they wore out. There's only 24 hours in a day and seven days in a week after all... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2017, 09:37 
Super User

I recently got 729 SuperFX sheets and the red one has a pink colour sponge. Surprisingly Non-tacky :-( Any ideas as to why SuperFX is non-tacky ? :?: I always bought Super FX-C and SuperFX rubbers many times before over the years and every single one of them has been able to lift the ball for 2 - 3 seconds at least. This pink sponge SuperFX isn't tacky though it is grippy. I dont think 729 SuperFX is worth that much to produce duplicates. Can I do anything to make it tacky without using iskandar's packing tape or spray-on techniques :lol: ?

• TSP Versal :
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2017, 10:08 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

My suspicion is that it's a vagary of manufacturing - if I'm right something went wrong with that batch.. :lol:

Where did you get these sheets? Have a link?

Iskandar

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2017, 17:26 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
My suspicion is that it's a vagary of manufacturing - if I'm right something went wrong with that batch.. :lol:

Where did you get these sheets? Have a link?

Iskandar

Ahhh :P The dreaded QC problems :?: I get 729 rubbers locally, as far as I know the dealer has some contacts in Tianjian where he gets his batches from :lol: I guess I will stick with this sheet I until I completely demolish it in the next 4 - 8 months :-) which about the average time 729s last. Its mostly for practicing at the club and some office play. The feel isn't too different from an ultra-tacky other than the super-high throw angle. I cant do any short pushes due to the lack of tackiness as the ball flies off. Anyways rest of the loop and block is similar and very familiar to me. So long as these rubbers aren't going to suddenly develop into tacky or change their properties in a dramatic way I dont think I will have any problems using it.

Rubbers were ~ 8 - 12 USD local price. Its the same price range as the 729 Origin and 729-2 rubbers as well :-D

Im waiting for my next paycheck before making the next EJ'ing purchase :rofl:

• TSP Versal :
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2017, 17:48 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Where is "locally"? $8-12 isn't exactly bargain price..

I suspect there is some 729fx that doesn't exactly come from RITC itself - an example being the stuff with the large pore sponge that Eacheng sells. Somehow 729fx topsheets leave the factory and someone attaches sponge to it. Not sure when the tack-giving topfoil is added to the rubber but I suspect it's after the sponge is glued on. Maybe the whole assemblage is heated under pressure. Maybe they used the wrong topfoil - there is probably more than one type available, some is super tacky, some less so.

Did yours come with proper retail packaging?

Tack decreases with use, anyway.. you've just got the equivalent of two month old 729fx.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2017, 13:12 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
Where is "locally"? $8-12 isn't exactly bargain price..

I suspect there is some 729fx that doesn't exactly come from RITC itself - an example being the stuff with the large pore sponge that Eacheng sells. Somehow 729fx topsheets leave the factory and someone attaches sponge to it. Not sure when the tack-giving topfoil is added to the rubber but I suspect it's after the sponge is glued on. Maybe the whole assemblage is heated under pressure. Maybe they used the wrong topfoil - there is probably more than one type available, some is super tacky, some less so.

Did yours come with proper retail packaging?

Tack decreases with use, anyway.. you've just got the equivalent of two month old 729fx.

Iskandar

Yep 8 ~ 12 USD is not a bargain. But at least I can get it in my hand and I can pay it in local currency :-) And I get to see the packaging before purchase :lol: And yes it was definitely the original 729FX packaging but its all about convenience really. I once got 729 OEM from ttnpp for like 5.50 USD :rofl: and I have used those up. So I needed a fix from my dealer :P :D

I dont mind 729FX without the extreme tack. Its just disconcerting to get a sheet after all the other sheets have been tacky :lol: So far I have adjusted to it and it is playing well even though its not tacky. Maybe the tack will come back if I olive oil it up ? Or sunflower oil it ? Its just the topsheet dint get its tacky treatment ?

• TSP Versal :
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2017, 14:49 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Try it on a cut-off piece..

Iskandar

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2017, 21:05 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

More non-training rubber! Here's something I've wondered about for a while - Tin Arc. Recently, in another thread, someone said Tin Arc was much like Tenergy (64, I think it was) so I decided to get a sheet. Fairly expensive, I paid $19+ for it. Ended up getting Tin Arc 3.

Comes in a pack like this:

Boy, that's classy. Nice, thick manila card, sort of a brushed-steel look, you can see the embossing. You have to tear a strip off the back to get at the rubber. Quite unlike the folded packaging H3 comes in, I wonder if it's older stock.

Nuts.. they cut the corners off. Makes calculating areal density more of a pain. That sponge looks Tenergy-ish.. :lol: There was a web site in France that was making a case that DHS was ripping off topsheets of Tenergy and gluing on Hurricane topsheets for certain players - all because someone showed up with deep orange sponge like this.

DHS Tin Arc 3
black 68.00g 164.5x170mm 0.251 g/cm^2

A little porky. Good thing I've got a light blade, still trying to choose a backhand rubber. (Isn't THIS supposed to be a backhand rubber? :lol: )

Comes with an interesting insert:

Anyone read Chinese?? I'm wondering what it says.

Feels soft, non-tacky under the protector sheet. The proof will be in the playing, of course. Will go on Sanwei M8 #8.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2017, 23:27 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
Try it on a cut-off piece..

Iskandar

Excellent idea ! :clap: I do have the off-cuts it should be interesting.

:up:

• TSP Versal :
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 31  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!