OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:00

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Nittaku Screw One
PostPosted: 27 Apr 2008, 23:48 

Nittaku Screw One OX.

Has anybody played with these pips?

Reading the vendor specification it seems to be a good pips, slow and grippy with good inversion and deception, has anybody tried it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2008, 00:58 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
hmm I know hookshot used the screwsoft for a while, but I hadn't heard of the screw one before. Perhaps they're similiar?

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2008, 06:35 

Joo Se Kev wrote:
hmm I know hookshot used the screwsoft for a while, but I hadn't heard of the screw one before. Perhaps they're similiar?

May be! Screw Soft came with sponge and Screw One without, but I don't know if the topsheet is the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2008, 08:28 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Hi pix,
I used Screw Soft but it is faster than I like. Now I am using Dr Evil or 755 OX on the backside.
Today I setup a blade with Screw One, (I took the sponge off of a Screw Soft).
I will hit with it in the morning and tell you what I think. I have been tempted to do this for a while now. You gave me the nudge to do it.
The Dr Evil OX is very slow with tremendous control. It works well for returning serves. It is Easy to chop away from the table. It is easy to block with and keep them short. It gives spin reversal against heavy spin. It is amazingly fast if you flat hit with it.
The 755 OX is a little faster. It has a little less control. (still good) It does everything Dr Evil does but has some other options. A lift stroke is one. It is eaiser to change spin with different strokes than Dr Evil. Evil could be compared to an Anti, kind of one dimentional.
All of these are on Fast blades. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2008, 08:45 

Opppps,
I had to use a thinner to get the sponge off and now after putting the top on the blade, it is bubbling and curling. Looks like I will have to order a Screw one. Might take me a while but I am working on it. :oops:

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject: Nittaku Screw One (OX)
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2008, 08:58 
Super User

Nittaku Screw One (OX) is exceptionally good for chops and occasional hitting. One can execute most of the shots which are possible with Dr N's rubbers. This rubber appears to create spin reversal with deception. Chops can be kept low with a considerable amount of spin. Also, returned balls can be floated.

It is very easy to use and seems to be better than Classic Boomerang. This is just an impression as I haven't given enough time to play with them in a competitive atmosphere.

I think vender's description of its playing characteristics is precise and true. The quality of the pips is superior to all available long pimpled rubbers at present. It is easier to remove this rubber from the blade as its base is fairly sturdy. So, one can experiment with this rubber on different blades to find the best balde for this rubber.

One can stay close to the table to control the game. I think this rubber is the closest to Dr N's Super Block playing characteristics. As Nittaku Screw One (OX) is grippy, so you can create a lot of spin.

Nittaku Screw Soft is faster than this rubber; and hard to play close to the table with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2008, 09:14 
Super User

Hi Hookshot,

To arrange any long pimple rubber, just put glue on the blade. Let it dry for a while then just roll the pimple rubber (or any rubber) on it from the handle side. Press it hard for couple of minutes and then cut it with a scissors.

This will allow you to remove the rubber later on, if needed to be replaced with another rubber.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2008, 12:12 

Hi GR,
That was not the problem. I had some Screw Soft and removed the sponge. It would not come off easy so I used a thinner. After I glued it to the blade, the thinner must have kept working on it and bubbled it.
For most OX, I use a glue sheet and have no problems.
I will just order a Screw One to try. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2008, 13:02 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
GR wrote:
Nittaku Screw One (OX) is exceptionally good for chops and occasional hitting. One can execute most of the shots which are possible with Dr N's rubbers. This rubber appears to create spin reversal with deception. Chops can be kept low with a considerable amount of spin. Also, returned balls can be floated.

It is very easy to use and seems to be better than Classic Boomerang. This is just an impression as I haven't given enough time to play with them in a competitive atmosphere.

I think vender's description of its playing characteristics is precise and true. The quality of the pips is superior to all available long pimpled rubbers at present. It is easier to remove this rubber from the blade as its base is fairly sturdy. So, one can experiment with this rubber on different blades to find the best balde for this rubber.

One can stay close to the table to control the game. I think this rubber is the closest to Dr N's Super Block playing characteristics. As Nittaku Screw One (OX) is grippy, so you can create a lot of spin.

Nittaku Screw Soft is faster than this rubber; and hard to play close to the table with it.

Quality better than all LPs out there?? that's a BIG statement!

Closest to SB?? The Screw is quite a grippy rubber and far from frictionless, so I find it hard to believe it can be even close...

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2008, 23:00 

GR wrote:

Thank you GR! Sound very intresting!

Agree with you, the quality of this rubber is very high, better than most pips around.

I have this rubber on my hand but I can't try it until 1 months.
The only test I made is sticked on a TSP balsa 3.5 and bouncing a ball from 40cm seems slower than Bamboo, P1-R OX, 955 or any other grippy long pimples I have used. May be this is due to its tacky surface?

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2008, 02:44 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
haggisv wrote:
GR wrote:

Quality better than all LPs out there?? that's a BIG statement!

Closest to SB?? The Screw is quite a grippy rubber and far from frictionless, so I find it hard to believe it can be even close...

Yes, be good if GR would explain what he means by this, because friction and frictionless characteristics are very different by their very nature.

I think Tat might disagree and protest that his Long A is the best quality LP pips out! LOL :P

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2008, 03:15 
For your Long A's Only
For your Long A's Only

Blade: BBC Doubl Diamond
FH: Prasidha Tokyo Max
BH: RITC 755 OX
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:

Yes, be good if GR would explain what he means by this, because friction and frictionless characteristics are very different by their very nature.

I think Tat might disagree and protest that his Long A is the best quality LP pips out! LOL :P

Yes, ReBorn, you read my mind. I was going to say something, but Haggisv beat me to it, so....

Like I said on the other post, this Long A had a beating continuously from November to now and only lost ONE pip. After gluing back with super-glue, it looks like new again. So far so good, let's see how long it will last.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2008, 06:13 
Super User

Regarding the statement that Nittaku Screw One is superior to all long pimples rubbers, may be I should have worded it slightly in a different way that the quality of Nittaku Screw One is almost better than most of the rubbers available in the market.

Regarding the statement that Nittaku Screw One's playing characteristics are approximating to SB:
. One can stay close to the table as it is not very fast rubber.
. Considerable amount backspin can be generated.
. Drop shots can be executed.
. Returned balls can be kept low.
. Some balls have unpredictable bounce
. Opponent's chopped balls can be lifted
. Provides an excellent control.
. Some of the returned balls appear to be wobbling.

May be spin reversal characteristic of SB is lacking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 May 2008, 07:44 

Took another sheet of Screw Soft and used the steam iron method to remove the sponge today.
I put it on a very fast blade and it is hard to tell apart from 755 OX. It works just like GR says. Not as slow as Dr Evil OX but close. Easy to block or chop with. Also worked on returning chop serves with a little lift stroke. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 May 2008, 22:32 

hookshot wrote:
Took another sheet of Screw Soft and used the steam iron method to remove the sponge today.
I put it on a very fast blade and it is hard to tell apart from 755 OX. It works just like GR says. Not as slow as Dr Evil OX but close. Easy to block or chop with. Also worked on returning chop serves with a little lift stroke. :D

Hi hookkshot, thank you for your try.
I think Screw One may be a little slower than your Screw Soft without sponge, due to its glue sheet and a textil reinforcement under the topsheet probably not present on the Screw Soft.