OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:41

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2017, 12:56 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
A new Section has been setup named "Health, Fitness & Nutrition", which will be dedicated to discussions on this topic.

A few examples of topics are:
How your health can impact on your table tennis
What type of fitness training & exercises are most effective to improve your table tennis
How the right diet / nutrition affects your health and therefore your table tennis
What types of foods / nutrition are best to prepare for Matches / Tournaments

Our resident expert on this topic, Joo Se Kev who runs a website and has written a book on the topic, has kindly agreed to be moderator of this section. :rock: :rock: :rock:
CONGRATZ Joo Se Kev on becoming a moderator on OOAK Forum, and thank you agreeing to be part of this new section!

If anyone has any ideas on what we can do in this section, post them here, or start a new thread in the new section.
Any related topics elsewhere in the forum, will be copied to this section over time, so that all the information can be found in one place.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2017, 13:27 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

One idea that I like for this particular section, is for members to have a 'weight loss' blog, where they post about their progress to lose weight> This gives them a record of their journey, but hopefully will motivate them to keep going, and of course others can offer encouragement to keep them on track. :rock:
This is something I might just be interested in doing myself. :oops:

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2017, 16:28 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
haggisv wrote:
One idea that I like for this particular section, is for members to have a 'weight loss' blog, where they post about their progress to lose weight> This gives them a record of their journey, but hopefully will motivate them to keep going, and of course others can offer encouragement to keep them on track. :rock:
This is something I might just be interested in doing myself. :oops:

Oh yeah, you really need it ya beanpole :P :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2017, 20:31 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
Hey guys! Excited to be a part of this and looking forward to some great discussions!

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2017, 13:13 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
This is a major topic for me. I am 66, and was diagnosed with diabetes 10 years ago. As long as I keep my diet under control, and exercise regularly, I can avoid the need for medication. (I also have arthritis, asthma, and blood pressure issues, but, hey.) I have lost 50 pounds over the last few years.

But playing table tennis does bring me problems, as I find myself running out of energy towards the end of an evening; otherwise known as the end of the league match. I have been known to collapse totally in the fifth set in the last match.

I try to eat sensibly, by having a light-ish meal including wholewheat pasta or similar several hours before the match starts. But it is hard to judge. I need to be sure that I have enough energy to last, but do not eat too much so that I feel heavy for the match. FYI, a league fixture can run from 7.30 to 11.

I often feel the need for something to eat at around halfway point, and have been using protein bars, but would prefer a more natural solution.

Any suggestions welcome.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2017, 13:54 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

darucla wrote:
This is a major topic for me. I am 66, and was diagnosed with diabetes 10 years ago. As long as I keep my diet under control, and exercise regularly, I can avoid the need for medication. (I also have arthritis, asthma, and blood pressure issues, but, hey.) I have lost 50 pounds over the last few years.

But playing table tennis does bring me problems, as I find myself running out of energy towards the end of an evening; otherwise known as the end of the league match. I have been known to collapse totally in the fifth set in the last match.

I try to eat sensibly, by having a light-ish meal including wholewheat pasta or similar several hours before the match starts. But it is hard to judge. I need to be sure that I have enough energy to last, but do not eat too much so that I feel heavy for the match. FYI, a league fixture can run from 7.30 to 11.

I often feel the need for something to eat at around halfway point, and have been using protein bars, but would prefer a more natural solution.

Any suggestions welcome.

Sounds like a great topic to post in the new section! :up:

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2017, 20:53 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
darucla wrote:

Any suggestions welcome.

Yeah, post this over in the health and fitness section and I"ll answer. That way others can find and benefit from the response :)

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!