OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 15:07

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2018, 05:21 

Blade: Nittaku Latika Flared
FH: Xiom Vega Intro 2.0mm
BH: Yasaka Mark V 2.0mm
I know that the US has some well-known table tennis store like PaddlePalace, Megaspin, etc.
But I'm on a budget and I found that sometimes blades can rubber are sold way cheaper in other countries.
For example, Mark V in a Southeast Asian country is 26 USD as opposed to 38 USD here in the US. That's 30% cheaper! It's too bad these shops have very little selection and they don't ship worldwide.

I used to buy from tabletennis11.com because of their large selection and generous discount but they have just applied 20% VAT and minimally increase the price of most of their items recently and so they're more expensive to buy from than most shops now :(

Does anyone happen to know an online shop with great price for equipment?

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2018, 13:22 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
Mimobrok wrote:
I know that the US has some well-known table tennis store like PaddlePalace, Megaspin, etc.
But I'm on a budget and I found that sometimes blades can rubber are sold way cheaper in other countries.
For example, Mark V in a Southeast Asian country is 26 USD as opposed to 38 USD here in the US. That's 30% cheaper! It's too bad these shops have very little selection and they don't ship worldwide.

I used to buy from tabletennis11.com because of their large selection and generous discount but they have just applied 20% VAT and minimally increase the price of most of their items recently and so they're more expensive to buy from than most shops now :(

Does anyone happen to know an online shop with great price for equipment?

Puzzled - if you are in US, VAT does not apply to you, so tt11 still should be good.

As far as other cheap online stores: colestt.com, zeropong.com, aliexpress, ttnpp.com. Certain stuff (e.g. TSP pips) is cheaper at tt-japan.net. You have to be more patient with overseas ones, of course.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2018, 18:16 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
You have to account for shipping cost. That Mark V plus shipping could ended up the same or even more.

I used to sell to out of country but change in shipping makes it harder now for many widely available items. Now, mostly some harder to get blades.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2018, 21:12 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

If you really are on a budget, buy Chinese. Any of these vendors (they're actually the same vendor) will ship to the US "free".

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?ca ... +9000+pair

Iskandar

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2018, 04:29 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
iskandar taib wrote:
If you really are on a budget, buy Chinese. Any of these vendors (they're actually the same vendor) will ship to the US "free".

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?ca ... +9000+pair

Iskandar

+1

Your current setup is not really a 'budget' one either - you can get more than decent complete combo for the price of your blade alone (if purchased new - it's 60$ at tt11 ), and rubbers are not particularly cheap too.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2018, 10:17 

Blade: Nittaku Latika Flared
FH: Xiom Vega Intro 2.0mm
BH: Yasaka Mark V 2.0mm
Thanks everyone!

About TT11, I just found that the VAT thing will not apply if I refill my address but it does if I use my old saved address, which is exactly the same, but nevermind I'm fine with spending an extra 5 min though.

I've just started looking into Eacheng and its avatar on Aliexpress. The price for Chinese equipment is insane! I've hit with CJ8000 once but I would never guess that they are this cheap. I'll definitely look into finding a replacement there.

I agree that my current setup is not very budget. I was thinking about using this setup for at least a year before changing any rubber (I chose Mark V because of its durability). It's too bad that I hit my racket against the table twice within just a month after getting it and now a very noticeable chunk of top sheet on my Mark V is missing. It doesn't affect the way I play currently but I'm ok with changing because I do have a spare premade setup with dead rubber that I lend to my friends several times a week and maybe I can put a new Mark V on my blade and move this damaged one on the spare premade. The head size is a little smaller so I might be able to cut the damaged part out completely.
(Or if I can get my friends to come to my college TT club, now I know that Aliexpress have some really, really nice setup for a price cheaper than popular Stiga premade in my club here.)

Anyway, thanks a lot. I found a lot of really cheap Chinese rubber on Aliexpress and I guess I should be fine if I'm buying from one of Eacheng's avatar. I'm currently interested in CJ8000 since I've played with it once and it feels ok, and they are really cheap!