OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:46

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154 ... 167  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: 26 Apr 2018, 01:13 
Dances with Spammers
Dances with Spammers

Blade: Darker Speed 90 Jpen
FH: Dawei Inspirit Quattro UL
ambition_tt wrote:
Hey guys, I'm a player in my 20s, and I'm from east europe. My current occupation is work and studying. I do some unskilled work to pay the rent and my study, which is civil architecture (I hope this is the right word, basically to design and work on infrastructures and buildings, facilities, etc. for the public use).

I always loved to play TT at school gym class, outside (metal/concrete tables) with friends, on vacations, etc., however only recently I started to really practice real technique, strokes, footwork, etc. with a proper racket (I played 15 years with a very cheap Tibhar racket I bought in a toy store), which is very different but even more fun.

I joined a club end of last year and after some months the trainer thought I should join the competitive season low level. I ended 2nd place with my team, 72% win rate, and I'm very happy. TT is a great sport, where you can constantly improve, and I like all the community. I'm glad to find this forum, I got many questions, it's great.

Hey Ambition_tt, welcome to OOAK Forum. You sound like a very serious young man and quite determined which is great. It cannot be easy balancing your studies, work and table tennis and you still managed to come second, which is amazing. I am sure you will do better in the next season and it is great that you are having fun doing it.

You are right in saying that the table tennis community is a very good one. A lot of those great people are here on the OAK forum and you will get lots of help if you have any questions. So fire away! :rock:

Local Press Club (Journalists) Champion

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!!!!
http://xtrariter.blogspot.com

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2018, 01:28 

Blade: Waldner Allplay
FH: Coppa standard 2mm
BH: MarkV standard 2mm
Ranger-man wrote:
ambition_tt wrote:
Hey guys, I'm a player in my 20s, and I'm from east europe. My current occupation is work and studying. I do some unskilled work to pay the rent and my study, which is civil architecture (I hope this is the right word, basically to design and work on infrastructures and buildings, facilities, etc. for the public use).

I always loved to play TT at school gym class, outside (metal/concrete tables) with friends, on vacations, etc., however only recently I started to really practice real technique, strokes, footwork, etc. with a proper racket (I played 15 years with a very cheap Tibhar racket I bought in a toy store), which is very different but even more fun.

I joined a club end of last year and after some months the trainer thought I should join the competitive season low level. I ended 2nd place with my team, 72% win rate, and I'm very happy. TT is a great sport, where you can constantly improve, and I like all the community. I'm glad to find this forum, I got many questions, it's great.

Hey Ambition_tt, welcome to OOAK Forum. You sound like a very serious young man and quite determined which is great. It cannot be easy balancing your studies, work and table tennis and you still managed to come second, which is amazing. I am sure you will do better in the next season and it is great that you are having fun doing it.

You are right in saying that the table tennis community is a very good one. A lot of those great people are here on the OAK forum and you will get lots of help if you have any questions. So fire away! :rock:

Thank you very much!! I asked a question just now about equipment on the equipments board.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2018, 04:04 

Blade: TSP
FH: DONIC - BARRACUDA
BH: None
Hello!
I'm from Brazil and I'm still a beginner with table tennis. I play at my University with a team and I'm trying to do my best so I can join the local leagues here (and also improve as a teammate!).
I started training last year, I'm 23 and medical student.
For my playing style I honestly can't say much, I think I need to learn more and I hope to gather knoweldge here. I use a japanese penhold but I'm starting to feel pain holding the cable as my hand is very small.

I'm training a bunch of cardio exercises as I noticed I need a faster leg work to reach the balls but I noticed that on table tennis you also need a strong mind (I get really anxious and doubt myself a lot when playing).

Hope to get along with everybody!

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2018, 07:47 

Blade: Stiga Offensive Classic
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
Hello,

I'm 36 years old and I am from EU
I've started training and played competitively when I was 1/4 of my current age till my late teens, then I had a pause for some 15 years or so and now I am playing at my club, but thinking to start competing at some regional events someday :)
I play offensively somewhat closer to the table and I am two wing looper (and blocker when I am late with my footwork :) )
I am working in financial sector
Besides playing table tennis, I also like goint to the gym and driving my old Saab 900 :)

nice to meet you all.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2018, 13:38 

Blade: XIOM ZETA TETRA QUAD
FH: 729 08 PRETUNED
BH: YASAKA SHINING DRAGON
I am from india
currently at USA in little rock ,AR
Play at LRTTC at little rock
started playing at 14 yrs played till i finshed my graduation 2003 then stopped and resumed back in 2016 in usa
Playing style hardcore chinese style looper both sides more on forehand using 729 08 on fh on YMLSC and Battle 1 on bh, have great touch and feel and love playing blocks on loops especially with euro style players
Ranked around 1500 in USATT but have defeated players close to 2000 more than often,
Learnt by playing and watching youtube
recovering still from bad right tibia fracture have a plate in with screws with no knee pain,esp quads still atrophied
am a medico
love computers and os esp linux
love this website esp equipment reviews bought10 blades in last 16 months now sold three have
2 of yeop7 blade
2 of ymlsc blade
2 of 729 bomb blades
all flared

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2018, 01:25 

Blade: Yasaka Extra Offensive
FH: Rakza Xs
BH: Mark V
Hello. I am in Michigan in the United States. I played a lot back in the 1970s and am just getting back into playing again. I am older and slower so I am experimenting with equipment and I have always been an EJ so I have many different things I am working with right now.

I also play chess and am into computer security and hacking. But I am close to retirement so looking forward to not having to work so hard and just play golf and table tennis.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2018, 19:35 

Blade: VISCARIA/Liu Shiwen ZL
FH: DHS neo H3/Haifu whale 3
BH: nittaku factive/yasaka r7
Hi, guys! Nice to meet you!

- China.
- Over 10 years, trained for 700 hours.
- Right shake-hands, attacker. BTY VIS, DHS neo H3 on FH, Nittaku Factive on BH.
- Best 32 in a normal Chinese university.
- Student majoring in life science.

I find that there are different styles between Chinese TT forums and TT forums in other areas, which is funny , and I also would like to make more friends. :D

Please forgive my poor English skills~

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2018, 12:39 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Yin wrote:
Hi, guys! Nice to meet you!

- China.
- Over 10 years, trained for 700 hours.
- Right shake-hands, attacker. BTY VIS, DHS neo H3 on FH, Nittaku Factive on BH.
- Best 32 in a normal Chinese university.
- Student majoring in life science.

I find that there are different styles between Chinese TT forums and TT forums in other areas, which is funny , and I also would like to make more friends. :D

Please forgive my poor English skills~
Welcome!
Which city do you live in?

PostPosted: 10 May 2018, 03:31 

Hi, I live in West Yorkshire, England and I'm in my early 50's and have been sporty all my life, mainly playing squash and tennis, but due to a knee injury around 5 years ago, I had to replace squash with racket ball, a game that is becoming very popular in the UK, although I'm not sure it will ever take over squash!

I first started playing table tennis for my high school team (age 13) and received a lot of coaching back then. Over the last 40 years I've always owned a bat, usually a Stiga for some reason, possibly because this was the first make of bat I ever owned (I still have it!). I've never played club table tennis, only club squash, racket ball and tennis and I think this is mainly due to the lack of local TT clubs. I know there's a team at my local village hall, but they are even older than I am, although I'm sure they could easily beat me as I once got invited to a pre-season training session.

My TT has usually consisted of playing friends and relatives, most often when on holiday, but about 8 years ago I purchased a TT table for use by my sons, the youngest of whom is still at home (taking A levels) and is on the brink of beating me! I've always assumed that when I can no longer run around a squash court or a tennis court I would consider playing club table tennis. Table tennis was my first racket sport and it may be my last!

I'm currently playing regularly on my home TT table and feel like I want to delve into building my first custom bat. In June 2016 I purchased a Stiga Supreme 4 star from Amazon UK, which cost me £59. I really liked the bat and was amazed at how much control and spin I could get. However, within a year the rubber has gone shiny and spin is now much harder to achieve, so I've now lost the benefit I originally got from the bat. An identical new Stiga Supreme is £75 and I would rather put this towards a custom bat and the ability to change the rubbers when required.

Because I liked the Stiga Supreme, I think I would like to build a bat similar to this, but have no idea how to choose the rubbers or paddle. Any pointers would be welcome.

My playing style tends to be attacking, with top spin drives and smashes. My forehand is much stronger than my back hand, which tends to be used defensively although when I'm playing well I can also hit a good top spin back hand and smash. I find if I get too defensive, I tend to lose games, so would rather be aggressive and risk missing shots rather than just getting the ball back. Obviously, this very much depends on the playing style of my opponent.

PostPosted: 19 May 2018, 20:04 

Blade: Sanwei Fextra
FH: Sanwei Target
BH: Sanwei T88
Hi

- India; Vellore (near Chennai, in south India)
Not a club player... beginner+/recreation
Few of us play in the evenings within the residential campus
- playing since few years, on and off
- defensive; block/push
- beginner+ / recreation
- medical doctor/teaching hospital
- music, bird watching
- online search

:)

PostPosted: 31 May 2018, 16:00 

Blade: Butterfly Cypress G-Max
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
BH: N/A
Hi everyone!

- where are you from, country and club, where you play
I live in a suburb near Chicago and mostly play at work or at my buddy's place
- how long you've been playing
I'm 35 years old and have been playing a little over a year
- playing style
I'm definitely a more offensive player, but that's probably mostly because my defense is terrible :P
- level
I'm still a beginner
- job or what you do outside TT
I work in benefits administration
- other hobbies
Street Fighter
- how you stumbled upon this forum
Google

I've spent a bunch of time reading through some old post and have learned a lot!
I look forward to bugging you guys for tips in the future!

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2018, 10:59 

Blade: VISCARIA
FH: National H3N blue sponge
BH: tenergy 80 Fx
HELLO I´M NEW GUY HERE, MY NAME IS JUAN MANUEL! I HACE 24 YEARS OLD LOVE TABLE TENNIS, AND I´M HERE TO TARDE SOME OF MY COLLECTION BLADES AND TRY ANOTHER BLADES IN TOURNAMENTS! BEST REGARDS!

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2018, 12:00 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

Blade: Tiago Apolonia ZLC
FH: Rhyzer 50
BH: Donic Acuda Blue P3
Seems that a lot of new guys coming in. Welcome!

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2018, 17:52 

Blade: Darker Speed 90
FH: Tenergy 80
BH: Tenergy 64
Hello,

I’m a new member here. Returned to the sport after a 16-year break and have been playing 1 – 2 hrs per day, 7 days a week for the past 5 months. Started playing when I was 5 to when I was 18 and won a fair number of tournaments back then.

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2018, 12:37 

Blade: cutco
FH: trojan
BH: durex
new to this forum and table tennis, and I look forward to improving.
Also, does anyone know why my direct messages are stuck in outbox?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154 ... 167  Next