OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:29

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 959 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 64  Next
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2018, 21:27 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
mac33 wrote:
When you look across the sea or ocean does it looked curved? Of course not as its dead flat.

I agree it looks flat at sea level. The curvature is barely perceptible even at a height of 10km. From the ISS (about 400km) it's easy to perceive. Nice shot of Venus above the horizon:

Attachment:
iss045e166104.jpg
iss045e166104.jpg [ 64.39 KiB | Viewed 1379 times ]

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2018, 02:33 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

mac33 wrote:
When you look across the sea or ocean does it looked curved? Of course not as its dead flat. The video from NASA - shot through a fisheye lens - dah.

Mac, you breathe, right? Can you see the air you breathe? Why is that? Maybe air doesn't exist because you can't see it.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2018, 04:36 
Super User

They even admit you should not be able to see the Chicago skyline from across Michigan Bay......it should only be seen from much,much higher in the sky,to quote their words.

So how come then we can't see any curvature when we put a straight edge across the horizon at sea?

On a clear day you can look a long way.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2018, 06:21 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Easy to explain.

Of course, it's all lies, right? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2018, 10:56 
Super User

mac33 wrote:
So how come then we can't see any curvature when we put a straight edge across the horizon at sea?

On a clear day you can look a long way.
Just interested in knowing: do you even bother to read/watch the replies to your absurdities? It's been explained again and again and again but you just keep coming back and moaning, "But it looks straight to me." Do you have any idea that greater minds than yours might actually know what they're talking about? Stephen Hawking was an infinitely superior intellect to you and me, and he showed how common morons like you and me could actually prove that the world is round. Did you watch that video?

And why is it that you never actually answer a direct question? Are you really a flat earther or are you a troll?

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2018, 13:55 
Super User

Yeah, superior intellects like Hawkings showed in his video of a helicopter dropping 24 feet below the horizon from a distance of 6 miles.

Yet when you put a ruler across the horizon there's no curvature visible,zero.

So the curvature only bends one way,lol?

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2018, 15:08 
Super User

Let me get this right. You're saying that you're smarter than Stephen Hawking?!?! Seriously? Seriously???

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2018, 21:24 
Super User

Here is a good hit piece article on the flat earth.

Don't be fooled!

https://www.newyorker.com/science/eleme ... flat-earth

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2018, 22:08 
Super User

edit.

not worth the effort.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2018, 16:36 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

mac33 wrote:
Yeah, superior intellects like Hawkings showed in his video of a helicopter dropping 24 feet below the horizon from a distance of 6 miles.

So how does this prove the Earth is flat??? :lol: :lol: :lol: It shows the opposite!

Iskandar

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2018, 18:36 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

mac33 wrote:
Here is a good hit piece article on the flat earth.

Don't be fooled!

https://www.newyorker.com/science/eleme ... flat-earth

"The responses recede along a path from half-baked to evasive." :lol: :lol: :lol:

"The conference audience was frequently encouraged to “do your own research,” which mostly seemed to involve watching more YouTube videos and boning up on Scripture."

(That about sums it up..)

Iskandar

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2018, 21:46 
Super User

mac33 could actually sort this whole thing out for himself if he just looked in a mirror. And then considered the science of what he was seeing.

If he could do that basic thinking, then perhaps he might stop repeating ad nauseum "but the horizon looks flat, so it must be flat".

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2018, 23:12 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
iskandar taib wrote:
mac33 wrote:

So how does this prove the Earth is flat??? :lol: :lol: :lol: It shows the opposite!

Iskandar

He was suggesting that this contradicts the fact that the horizon looks flat. However the two scenarios involve very different perspectives.

I can visualise it easily if I think of myself as a speck of dust on a large ball. Looking around the horizon looks flat in all directions. That’s because the surface of the ball falls away at the same rate in all directions and the horizon represents the point at which it falls beyond view. In the second scenario, an insect walking directly away from me would gradually disappear beyond that point.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2018, 00:58 

Blade: Yasaka Extra Offensive
FH: Rakza Xs
BH: Mark V
Dusty054 wrote:
I can visualise it easily if I think of myself as a speck of dust on a large ball. Looking around the horizon looks flat in all directions. That’s because the surface of the ball falls away at the same rate in all directions and the horizon represents the point at which it falls beyond view. In the second scenario, an insect walking directly away from me would gradually disappear beyond that point.

Which is exactly what the early sailors noticed about ships leaving a harbor - that the stern of the ship disappeared first and then lastly the masts as the ships sailed out of sight. It was the common sense argument that brought back the understanding of a globe world that supported Columbus' bid to sail the wrong way around to India. A common sense that is lacking in the flat earth arguments.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2018, 14:49 
Super User

And then you get a telescope and the bottom of the ship will come back in to view showing its NOT dropping over any curvature. Remember water / the oceans do not curve.

Put a ruler across the horizon and there's no fall off or drop.

Ball earthers for the most part will take their beLIEf to their grave.

Especially sad for ones who just believe without doing any in depth research of the evidence from the other side.

Much more important topics - eh?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 959 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 64  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!