OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:24

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2018, 21:46 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
One of our major brands has agreed to sponsor 3 players in Australia, and as the distributor for Australia, OOAK shop will handle applications & selection and running of the sponsorship. As I'm sure every realise, sponsorship is a two way street, where the player benefits from free equipment and publicity, and the brand benefits via the exposure of their brand and name.

It's becoming more rare to find sponsorship deals from the major brands, so I think this is a great opportunity. I need to draft and publish the offer letter, which outlines the benefits and obligations of the players, and this is something I've not done before.

Does anyone know of example letters/offer, that outlines these? It would save a lot of time, as I won't have to start from scratch.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2018, 23:45 
My Precious

FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
"Haggisv" If no one has one I'd Google looking for a “Draft” of a sports player résumé/ application form/letter.

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2018, 07:56 
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
Hi haggisv,

I have a few questions that may help.

What exactly does the sponsorship entail?

A lump sum per year? Equipment or money for equipment up to a certain level? Training & coaching? Tournament entry fees? Travel expenses to attend tournaments or state / national training camps? A weekly or monthly stipend instead or in addition?

Is it what I would call a tied sponsorship, ie the player must use blade and rubbers from the sponsor, as well as clothing, bat cover, bag etc; or is it one where the player can continue to use what they are already using in terms of blade & rubbers but have to flash the brand in the the other ways?

Would the player be expected to be available for promotional events? Brand X (or OOAK) wants to put on a special day and the player is expected to come and play all comers or attend social events when Brand X executives are in the country? Some idea of the extent of these things - no more than 1 sponsor event per month say.

Expected performance level - in terms of Australian ranking, minimum result in particular tournaments, RC rating or ITTF ranking.

Tying the answers to these questions down would clarify what should be in the letter (and contract).

It is a little like a job advertisement:

Brand X is looking for a player who is currently consistently <criteria, eg top n in Australia> and is willing to evangelize our brand. In return we will recompense them with <how sponsorship is paid, eg equipment and subsidize their table tennis expenses, with increments as they achieve various milestones>. In return the player will <equipment usage details, eg use our products exclusively / be able to continue using their current blade & rubbers but use our clothing, bat cover, bag etc>. Availability for sponsorship events would be a <how often they need to be available, eg maximum of around half a day per month on average>. The sponsorship would be on a year by year basis commencing dd/mm/yy.
If this sounds like you, send an application email to haggiv@ooakforum detailing table tennis resume by dd/mm/yy.

Then I would expect that Brand X would have a contract which would spell out all the details above including how to end the contract early from either side, eg if the player cannot maintain the criteria, eg top n in Australia; goes overseas for extended nonTT holiday; gives up playing; gets a better sponsorship from Brand Y :(.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2018, 11:04 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Gollum wrote:
"Haggisv" If no one has one I'd Google looking for a “Draft” of a sports player résumé/ application form/letter.

Thank you. yes I did try that...too many results, most not relevant. :oops:

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2018, 11:07 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Retriever wrote:
Hi haggisv,

I have a few questions that may help.

What exactly does the sponsorship entail?

A lump sum per year? Equipment or money for equipment up to a certain level? Training & coaching? Tournament entry fees? Travel expenses to attend tournaments or state / national training camps? A weekly or monthly stipend instead or in addition?

Is it what I would call a tied sponsorship, ie the player must use blade and rubbers from the sponsor, as well as clothing, bat cover, bag etc; or is it one where the player can continue to use what they are already using in terms of blade & rubbers but have to flash the brand in the the other ways?

Would the player be expected to be available for promotional events? Brand X (or OOAK) wants to put on a special day and the player is expected to come and play all comers or attend social events when Brand X executives are in the country? Some idea of the extent of these things - no more than 1 sponsor event per month say.

Expected performance level - in terms of Australian ranking, minimum result in particular tournaments, RC rating or ITTF ranking.

Tying the answers to these questions down would clarify what should be in the letter (and contract).

It is a little like a job advertisement:

Brand X is looking for a player who is currently consistently <criteria, eg top n in Australia> and is willing to evangelize our brand. In return we will recompense them with <how sponsorship is paid, eg equipment and subsidize their table tennis expenses, with increments as they achieve various milestones>. In return the player will <equipment usage details, eg use our products exclusively / be able to continue using their current blade & rubbers but use our clothing, bat cover, bag etc>. Availability for sponsorship events would be a <how often they need to be available, eg maximum of around half a day per month on average>. The sponsorship would be on a year by year basis commencing dd/mm/yy.
If this sounds like you, send an application email to haggiv@ooakforum detailing table tennis resume by dd/mm/yy.

Then I would expect that Brand X would have a contract which would spell out all the details above including how to end the contract early from either side, eg if the player cannot maintain the criteria, eg top n in Australia; goes overseas for extended nonTT holiday; gives up playing; gets a better sponsorship from Brand Y :(.

Thank you Retriever!
I should clarify (before anyone gets their hopes up :( ), that this would be an equipment-type sponsorship, where the player will be supplied with free equipment in exchange for using & promoting the brand.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2018, 12:02 

haggisv wrote:
Quote:
I should clarify (before anyone gets their hopes up :( ), that this would be an equipment-type sponsorship, where the player will be supplied with free equipment in exchange for using & promoting the brand.

So are they tied to using Brand X blade and rubbers?

Revising my original:

Brand X is looking for a player who personifies our ethos.
Who You Are
You will be a(n up and coming?) player who is currently consistently <criteria, eg top n in Australia> and is willing to evangelize our brand.
Who We Are
We are the maker of <equipment> that wants to <do something> here in Australia.
What We Will Do For You
In return we will recompense you with free Brand X equipment - <blades, rubbers, glue, shirts, shorts, socks, track suits, shoes, bat covers, kit bags, anything else?, delete as non-applicable>.
What You Will Do For Us
You will be expected to use our equipment exclusively on all table tennis related occasions - <training, training camps, tournaments, public appearances, delete as non-applicable>. You will make yourself available for Brand X and OOAK events for up to <how often they need to be available, eg maximum of around half a day per month on average>.
When Does It Start and for How Long?
The sponsorship would be on a year by year basis commencing dd/mm/yy.
How You Can Make It Happen

Obviously if Brand X does not sell an item of the above list, they would not be supplying it, or for things like clothing, bat covers or bags, you or they could have "promotional items" made and supplied. (OOAK shirt with a Brand X logo added anyone?)

The contract would need to specify maximum quantities of the various equipment with allowance for "warranty returns".

Do you want to go into discussion about quantities of equipment that would be appropriate?

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2018, 23:18 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Just make a request to Vladimir Samsonov, he is now in the best position to help.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2018, 19:16 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

igorponger wrote:
Just make a request to Vladimir Samsonov, he is now in the best position to help.

Why would he have any interest in a sponsorship deal between Australian amateur players and a manufacturer/Shop?

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2018, 20:15 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

What does he do these days?

Iskandar

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2018, 23:29 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
I could ask Australia's new no.1 player (sponsored by Bty still I think), how his sponsorship offers have been receieved if you like.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2018, 07:42 

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Quote:
I could ask Australia's new no.1 player (sponsored by Bty still I think), how his sponsorship offers have been receieved if you like.

If that is who I think it is (HH), he is a member here. He has answered some questions in Brett's coaching thread.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2018, 17:30 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Correct Retriever. He and Brett are either in the process or have already created their own forum. HH asked me who I was on the forum one night and when I said Reb, he said, I thought so! He wants me to get on their forum but has yet to tell me its name. Mind you I last saw him just before he won the Tongan Open about a month ago. By the by, he came and played in our A1 around the same time for some match practice and destroyed our best guys. It was a great spectacle to watch. He is a very personable guy btw.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2018, 21:45 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thanks for all the comments guys!

I've published the Victas sponsorship offer on our website here.

Any comments / feedback much appreciated! This is the first time I've done this...so I've probably missed something. ;)

Thanks guys!

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2018, 23:39 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

I posted the link on my facebook page in case any of my friends or their friends/family/contacts think they might like to apply.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2018, 16:28 

Hi haggisv,

A typo in:

Quote:
You allow us to post about you winnings on our websites

your winning
you winning
your victories

Some language implying the sponsored player will be male?:
Quote:
Q: Will the sponsorship be extended after 1 year?

A: This is a new initiative from OOAK shop and Victas. If it proves to be beneficial for Victas (the brands becomes more popular), and the player shows he’s a good ambassador for the sport and brand, the sponsorship will very likely continue. It may also lead to further sponsorship offers, so more players can benefit.

Also :) :
Quote:
‘gentleman’s agreement’

That is about all. The FAQ approach is good.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!