OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 11:56

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155 ... 167  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: 28 Jun 2018, 13:03 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
tensorflow wrote:
Also, does anyone know why my direct messages are stuck in outbox?

If they're in the outbox, it means the recipient has not yet read the message. Once they've opened it, it will go into the 'sent' folder.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2018, 06:23 

Hi, my name is Gary. I used to play at the colonial oaks club in southwest florida. My buddies and I are going to start playing again at my house so I had some questions. Would a hardbat made with the 729 magic green blade and 729 Dr. Evil rubbers produce more spin/speed than one from Walmart? Also I was looking into getting some 44 mm and 55mm balls for fun. Because they are bigger (using the thought process from when 38mm was switched to 40mm), does that mean they would be slower and curve more? Would this same logic also apply with hardbats that don't produce that much spin and speed?

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2018, 06:31 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
The 44s are very slow and do Not curve much. Too hard to spin them even with inverted.
The 55s are just a joke. :n:

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2018, 11:05 

Thanks for the advice. I can get some good spin for a hard bat with the 40mm but less than that and it sounds like you're just going to be flat hitting it back and forth. Hopefully someone can chime in about the paddles...

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2018, 12:44 

Blade: Butterfly Joo Sae Hyuk
FH: Tibhar Aurus
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Hi guys, i'm from Kuala Lumpur and in the late 30's and working in private company.

i loved to play table tennis, i would consider myself a beginner chopper or intermediate table tennis player at best.

I'm a handshake player and my style is forehand loop and backhand chopper (previously i was close table blocker using lp ox), and more to control player or defensive player.

I'm looking forward to share and hope to learn more from you guys in this table tennis forum.

Thanks~ :)

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2018, 14:04 

Blade: Dawei R2
FH: Gambler Burst 2.1mm/Thors
BH: Gambler Mechtek 1.7mm
Hi all,

Been lurking for a few months now. Came to read Dunc's blog and stayed to watch Iskander recommend Sanwei M8s to everyone.

I'm in the Seattle area, typically playing doubles with a regular group of casual players on lunch breaks and we occasionally jaunt over to clubs to get our butts handed to us by senior citizens. Before that played in college and while working at summer camps.

I've dabbled with modern defense but mostly do double inverted. Looking to do some tournaments within the next few months so I can proudly display a sub 1k ranking(or w.e I end up being)

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2018, 07:07 

Blade: Nittaku Acoustic
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
BH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
My name is Tim and I've only recently joined this forum. I have been over at TableTennisDaily for a month or two.
I am a recreational player, trying to improve but lacking the time to go to a club very often. I play with friends at work (I'm an engineer) and watch numerous online coaching videos.

This is a good forum, and I'm glad to be a part of it.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2018, 09:59 

Blade: Yasaka Sweden Extra
FH: Yasaka Rising Dragon
BH: Yasaka Rakza 7
Hey Guys! My Name is Jitendra.I am 37.I started playing at the age of 13 in my school.My friends who introduced me to the game suggested i take up Penhold as they were all shakehand players and wanted some variety in the midst :D . So i did as i was told and took up Penhold! The very first day I played i didnt know what to do about my backhand as none of my friends knew anything about penhold except the grip.I lost all my matches and sat thinking overnight about how to play penhold backhand..It was the early 90's so no youtube or internet in my country.i just naturally came to think up the TPB. I played on and off for 2 years till i was 15 as TPBer.Meanwhile I was rejected at the school team trials for being a penholder as the coach admitted he knew nothing about Penhold!Tried to switch over to Shakehand but couldnt..Never played again till a year ago!! Started playing again at a friends Villa at the age of 36 after 21 years!First day TPB as usual..2nd day i looked up youtube while at work just to get a few tips for beginners and Lo! I discovered RPB!!Been playing regularly for a year now and boy have i come a long way!! I just love this game! I would be rated around 2000 for my American friends.

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2018, 08:19 

Blade: None
FH: None
BH: None
Hi. I played TT on my high school and college teams but we pretty much coached each other. I have never had any official coaching. In college a long, long time ago, my game changed from using a pimpled rubber (no sponge) to top spin with inverted, patterned somewhat after the top Jamaican player at the time who played in England and was in the forefront of the introduction of the loop game to Jamaica. After college I did not play regularly and eventually drifted into a blocking game. Then I took up badminton and drifted away from table tennis for many, many years. Now my knees are shot and I am looking at TT again, mainly for exercise but I want to be competitive.

I needed a racquet but hadn't a clue what to get. I wasn't happy with what I saw on Amazon so went to AliExpress and ordered what seemed to be a popular offensive model for about $24. Since then after doing a bit of reading on this forum, I would like to try a Yinhe 11+ with offensive rubber. I think it will be more fun playing a topspin game going forward. I guess after I get and use the new carbon racquet, I will have a better idea of where I want to go but I didn't want to start out borrowing equipment from acquaintances. Hopefully I'll have my racquet by early September and after that I will probably be seeking advice from forum members on what seems to be an endless supply of blades and rubbers. Meanwhile I'll keep reading.......

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2018, 08:18 

Hi,

Name is Orlando and I used to play in Chile in my teens. It has been quite some time since I've picked up a blade. Last time I played, the ball was smaller and tournaments were 21 points. I played about 4 years and was coached by a top 10 national coach (Carlos Araneda) for a year.
Now, I live in Chicago and have been very interested in playing again, but don't even know where to start. No one I know plays, and I am pretty rusty, and to be honest, I was never a top tier player in my division when active.

I am just looking to sweat and get back into it

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2018, 10:53 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
trumpet_guy wrote:
My name is Tim and I've only recently joined this forum. I have been over at TableTennisDaily for a month or two.
I am a recreational player, trying to improve but lacking the time to go to a club very often. I play with friends at work (I'm an engineer) and watch numerous online coaching videos.

Tim, Meetup with ttmonster, he is in your area.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2018, 13:03 

Der_Echte wrote:
trumpet_guy wrote:

Thank you for the referral. I have reached out to him.

Oh, by the way, I am a right-handed shakehand player and have been playing recreationally. I have become more serious about it in the last few months and am making good progress. Good fun.

Best wishes!
Tim

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2018, 13:40 

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
trumpet_guy wrote:
Der_Echte wrote:
trumpet_guy wrote:

Thank you for the referral. I have reached out to him.

Oh, by the way, I am a right-handed shakehand player and have been playing recreationally. I have become more serious about it in the last few months and am making good progress. Good fun.

Best wishes!
Tim

Tim, I waz in Ur same status when I joined OOAK back in the day.... I am 2.5 hrs N-East of U in Sacramento.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2018, 03:15 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

Blade: Dr Neubauer High Tec Plus
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Tibhar Hybrid K3
trumpet_guy wrote:

Tim, whereabout in Silicon Valley?
Peter

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2018, 09:15 

PRW wrote:
trumpet_guy wrote:

Tim, whereabout in Silicon Valley?
Peter

Santa Clara

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155 ... 167  Next