OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:59

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2016, 10:44 

Hi, everyone!
Sorry it took me a while to report on the glue I received some time ago.
I didn't have the need to re-glue anything for a while, but eventually I had to, it was Meteorite long pips on 0,5 sponge and LKT Rapid Speed.

So here's my impressions on the Innoglue.
Well first thing you see - it's amazingly thick and sticky!
It really is thick, making Butterfly's or Donic's glues look like they're mixed with water or something.
It literally looks "premium quality", it can be easily spread on the rubber sponge surface and it's smooth.

I can confirm that you only need to apply it to the rubber and not on the blade (I didn't try to glue the OX pips though)
I am really happy about the glue quality in general, not sure if it can be improved anymore at all.
I am going to buy more of this glue when I need it again, probably in autumn.

I had some issues with the plastic spreader stick though. It's probably me, since I had never used this kind of thing before, I've always used those little sponges that come with Butterfly's glues, or any cheap sponges from any 99 cents store. So on the first try I found that I couldn't evenly spread the glue with the spreader stick, I just didn't know how to do it, so I just used a piece of a sponge and it worked perfectly. I still used the spreader stick to take the glue out from the bottle, so it came handy too.

Here's interesting fact - some glue stains were left on a piece of a sponge, that I accidentally left on a table in the room for like 10 days. Well after 10 days the glue on a sponge was still really sticky to the fingers which is amazing. It might work as a confirmation that you might not always need to re-apply the glue when transferring a rubber from one blade to another.

TL,DR - Glue is really good, IMHO sponge works better than spreader.

PS I also really loved the rubber cleaner, it's just perfect.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2016, 11:32 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Victas Spectol S1
Will there be a video tutorial showing how to use this product? ;) I think it would be very helpful and help gain interest in the product, there could be a scientific explanation for the benefits for this glue.

Rating: Recreational Player

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2016, 03:59 

@SpongyPipsSamurai,

This is ppscientific. I am the formulator of the innoglue table tennis glue and innoglue table tennis rubber cleaner.

I am most happy to see your review. This is a specially designed glue, very different from butterfly and others. I tried to incorporate as much glue solids as possible in a stable, creamy, easily spreadable emulsion. I also tried to make it easy to apply, with secure adhesion, and easy to remove when replacing the rubber.

This is not another low cost bulk produced product. The glue is designed with user's needs in mind. Since I am a user myself, I tried to make it an ideal glue for fellow table tennis players.

SpongyPipsSamurai, Thanks for the review. I am most happy that you tested it and liked it and, above all, understand the thoughts that I put into the product.

About the cleaner:

I also put a lot of thoughts into the cleaner...

The cleaner contains ingredients to clean oil (from sweat and hand) and dust (from air), and has a skin-friendly antimicrobial to prevent the wet sponge or towel to smell badly due to bacteria growth. It packaged in a thick-foam-generating bottle, so that the cleaner would spread evenly and would not run on rubber when applying it. The ingredients cost of my cleaner is higher than a basic cleaner, but that is OK. As long as my customers enjoy using it.

Thanks for your evaluation and the report, and thanks for endorsing the performance of the glue and cleaner.

@Danthespearton:

If someone would like to understand the adhesion science behind the glue design, I will be happy to discuss it.
Thanks you very much for the encouragement.

We are a small company. Every order from you is an encouragement to us. Thanks for your orders.

Best Regards,
ppscientific

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2016, 12:22 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Interesting! I'd forgotten about this. There's a web site now:

http://innoglue.com/

Apparently it's not just table tennis glue any more.. There's rubber cleaner and some non table tennis related items (such as arts-and-crafts glue).

Yeah, the overseas shipping is a problem. I'm interested in trying the stuff, maybe I'll look into getting it in wholesale quantities and try to sell it off on the local equivalent of ebay.

Note the "Clipper" blade, but also that that's not exactly a flat palm... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2016, 14:38 

@Iskandar,

hahaha... :oops: You are right that the palm needs to be flat. That is of course not my picture, but I sometimes serve like that. :sweat:

I think it is time for us to fix up our website, and make it more user friendly and more professional-looking.

Our rubber adhesive and cleaner are unique products designed by table tennis player for table tennis players. We need more people to know about these products, and to help sell then if feasible.

For a small company like ours, every order is an encouragement to us.

THANK YOU...

ppscientific

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2018, 03:16 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I was just thinking about this stuff again. It's still available on Amazon, anyone else buy it? It's sort of difficult for new companies to break into a market, even if the product is excellent, and it's been out of sight, out of mind for a LONG time so I thought its time I brought it back to our collective attention. I'd like to try it myself - maybe it'd be worth paying the really expensive postage from the US just to see what it's like. I'm faced right now with having to glue on a sheet of OX long pips, I think I'll use a XIOM or Andro glue sheet, but something like this should work quite well, I think. Since it allows you to peel the rubber off and reapply to another blade, I can see it being REALLY useful.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2018, 03:28 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Oops. No longer available on Amazon, unfortunately. But the website's still up. I wonder if it's still available though. Time to send them a message.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2018, 07:05 

Dear Friends,

Thanks for the post. We got a bit busy during the past year on our "daily job" and did not spend enough time on this project.
However, we always serve our Amazon customer with enthusiasm and care. The same adhesive packaged in a tube is available on Amazon.

Table tennis is our passion, and that should take priority over our "real job". Right ? Of course !! We table tennis players all know that. :up:

We will update and take good care of our website and Amazon listing by the end of the year. Before that please consider a very similar glue in a tube on Amazon. Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/iNNOGLUE-Spread- ... or+rubbers

Best Regards,
PPScientific

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2018, 11:32 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I'm glad to hear you're still selling this stuff. I think I'll order some soon, postage or no postage.. :lol: I'd like to see more people on this forum try it and tell us what you think, because, as they say - once it fades from our collective consciousness then it'll disappear for real, and if this is as good as it looks, that would be a REAL shame.

Have you managed to get the other Innoglue products into craft stores yet? You know, Hobby Lobby, Michaels - that would, I think, be the way to keep this going for the forseeable future.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2018, 23:10 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber
The stuff's pretty expensive, though. Amazon price is $13.99 for 55 ml + $3.99 shipping (within the US), not Prime eligible.
On the other hand, BTY Free Chalk 90 ml costs $19.99 with free (Prime) shipping.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2018, 02:57 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

See how it works though. You apply it to the rubber, but NOT to the blade. You end up with rubber that's similar to a Post-it Note (tm) but somewhat stronger. This means you can peel off the rubber and apply to another blade without having to use any more glue. So 55ml might go a LONG WAY. What would it cost to get a dozen tubes shipped here, I wonder...

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2018, 03:17 
Super User

Well, that might make sense but I'm afraid the case of applying different rubbers on the same blade is much more common than putting the same sheet to different blades.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2018, 12:52 

Thanks for the kind comments. I am taking the coming two months to organize the businesses and products that I have developed. I hope to keep the privilege to serve table tennis friends who like the properties of this product. In the meantime, yes, the tube glue is available on Amazon.

Best Regards,
PPScientific

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2018, 22:43 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

ziv wrote:
Well, that might make sense but I'm afraid the case of applying different rubbers on the same blade is much more common than putting the same sheet to different blades.

You still use only half the amount of glue per sheet because you don't have to apply any to the blade. You also don't have to worry about blade deterioration due to the water in the glue you have to apply to the blade. Plus I think this would make applying OX pips that much easier.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2018, 23:28 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
You still use only half the amount of glue per sheet because you don't have to apply any to the blade. You also don't have to worry about blade deterioration due to the water in the glue you have to apply to the blade. Plus I think this would make applying OX pips that much easier.

All right, you almost convinced me to give the glue a try ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!