OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 23:00

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2019, 03:19 
Super User

Blade: Diode V ST
FH: V>22 Max
BH: Curl P1V 1.0
Japsican wrote:
notfound123 wrote:
Japsican wrote:
Right now I use P-1R 0.5 more often than any other rubbers...

I chatted with WCL on facebook the other day, he'd like me to change back to 1.0mm, but I just find it so vastly different than the 0.5 (aka 0.3~0.5), and I lose the ability to bump well at the table. Why did he say 1.0mm? To keep guys at my level honest who like to dead ball things to the pips and or slow spin loop.

He hasn't coached me in person for a while, and I don't think he knows I twiddle and chop with inverted so much. LOL.

Nice... Also I am sure I don't have to remind you of this... while his recommendation is very valuable we need to always remember that the guy is a former 2700 (?) and can chop with anything. He is Joola sponsored and often chops with Rhyzer max against his students. And Rhyzer is faster than the Tenergy. Btw I am pretty sure he already switched from JSH/P1r to Joola Chen Weixing /Joola Octopus for the same reason.

Exactly. So he changed from Hurricane 3 to Rhyzer? I can't believe he went to a tensor!

He uses tensors to train... Joola posted that he plays matches with Golden Tango PS. Not sure whether this is the case or not.. If I end up in his group at one of the upcoming Opens (hope not :) , I will confirm.

Last edited by notfound123 on 20 Feb 2019, 03:45, edited 1 time in total.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2019, 03:24 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
Japsican wrote:
... So he changed from Hurricane 3 to Rhyzer? I can't believe he went to a tensor!

It's amazing what sponsorship deal can do... I also suspect that he's not really competing that much these days, mostly coaching, so actual rating/wins is not that important.

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2019, 04:02 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

SteveUK wrote:
There is a French defender, Eric Adam (The Butcher), who plays for a French second division club La Garde. He uses D Tecs without sponge but with 3 glue sheets to soften the impact of hard shots. There are several videos on YouTube of his club matches. The equipment might be unusual but it certainly works for him. He is a bit of a character anyway & quite entertaining to watch

regards

Steve

INGENIOUS FRAUD.
Illegality of this kind is surely inexcusable for any competitive player.
Butcher's current setup is an absolutely illegal structure, some mockery. The present combination of Dtecs single sheet integrated with a triple glue underneath is obviously over 2 millimeters thick. This ingenious guy of France does not look to have a whit of respect for Table Tennis Laws, nor any decency for his opponents.
Quote:
2.4.3 A side of the blade used for striking the ball shall be covered with either ordinary pimpled rubber, with pimples outwards having a total thickness including adhesive of not more than 2.0mm, or sandwich rubber, with pimples inwards or outwards, having a total thickness including adhesive of not more than 4.0mm.

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2019, 04:26 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
D.tecs comes in a 1.6mm sponge... let me tell ya, Iggy, 3 glue sheets are nowhere near that thick!

"Quick glue sheets are 0.05mm thick transparent sheets which have two adhesive sides. "

.05 x 3 = .15mm

A far cry short of the 1.6 sponge, my boy!

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2019, 06:54 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
skilless_slapper wrote:
D.tecs comes in a 1.6mm sponge... let me tell ya, Iggy, 3 glue sheets are nowhere near that thick!

"Quick glue sheets are 0.05mm thick transparent sheets which have two adhesive sides. "

.05 x 3 = .15mm

A far cry short of the 1.6 sponge, my boy!

I think the rubber with the three glue sheets need to be 2.0mm or less, not 4.0mm because there is no sandwich (i.e. sponge). Of course that doesn't mean it is illegal like our Russian friend is saying: it still might be legal.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2019, 11:35 

Manika Batra using Dtecs OX

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2019, 12:44 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Lorre wrote:
I think the rubber with the three glue sheets need to be 2.0mm or less, not 4.0mm because there is no sandwich (i.e. sponge). Of course that doesn't mean it is illegal like our Russian friend is saying: it still might be legal.
GRASS D. TECS bare TOPSHEET GOT BEYOND THE ALLOWANCE OF 2.0 MILLIMETERS. IT IS A MANUFACTURY LAPSE, POOR QUALITY CONTROL. THE RUBBER SUCKS, SORRY.
Yes, Grass D.Tecs sandwich rubber should be a legal product as long as it is integrated with a sponge layer.
However, the Grass D.Tecks bare topsheet without sponge is an outlaw. Its total thickness is now measuring of 2.15 millimetes, far beyond 2.00 millimeters that is now the fixed limit for ordinary topsheet.
Attachment:
tribology_rubber_1.jpg
tribology_rubber_1.jpg [ 71.96 KiB | Viewed 2701 times ]

Be happy/

Last edited by igorponger on 22 Aug 2019, 16:53, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2019, 16:27 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
The image attached is from the paper Table Tennis Rubber: Tribological Characterization, by Varenberg and Varenberg (2012). The rubbers used in the experiment were provided by two random individuals, and not by Tibhar directly. This dates the rubbers to before 2012, since the study was only published in 2012. It is well known that Tibhar changed the geometry of the OX Dtecs to shorten the pimples - indeed this is mentioned on this very forum in 2012. So sorry, wrong again - unless you have data that post-dates the geometry change, there's no evidence to support the claim that an OX sheet of Dtecs today is in contravention to the thickness of pimple out topsheet rules.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2019, 20:18 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
LordCope wrote:
The image attached is from the paper Table Tennis Rubber: Tribological Characterization, by Varenberg and Varenberg (2012). The rubbers used in the experiment were provided by two random individuals, and not by Tibhar directly. This dates the rubbers to before 2012, since the study was only published in 2012. It is well known that Tibhar changed the geometry of the OX Dtecs to shorten the pimples - indeed this is mentioned on this very forum in 2012. So sorry, wrong again - unless you have data that post-dates the geometry change, there's no evidence to support the claim that an OX sheet of Dtecs today is in contravention to the thickness of pimple out topsheet rules.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2019, 03:04 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

The DTecs topshit is too long, my precious!! Hurts our fingers, it does. Take it away!!! Gollum Gollum.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2019, 03:08 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
And, it can't be over-stated.... who cares if it's illegal?

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2019, 03:10 

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
pgpg wrote:
Japsican wrote:
... So he changed from Hurricane 3 to Rhyzer? I can't believe he went to a tensor!

It's amazing what sponsorship deal can do... I also suspect that he's not really competing that much these days, mostly coaching, so actual rating/wins is not that important.

I spoke to him about this, he was just trying the new equipment, hasn't switched permanently.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2022, 01:02 
Super User

I know this is an old old thread but I couldn't resist.... I've been following Hiraya Koudai for quite some time. He is sponsored by Tibhar and (...what a surprise...) has switched to a sponged Dtecs on his BH. It is confirmed that he plays with a 0.9 sponge. Watching him chop so low and fast, oh boy, I want to switch to the DG after every single one of his videos.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2022, 06:43 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
notfound123 wrote:
I know this is an old old thread but I couldn't resist.... I've been following Hiraya Koudai for quite some time. He is sponsored by Tibhar and (...what a surprise...) has switched to a sponged Dtecs on his BH. It is confirmed that he plays with a 0.9 sponge. Watching him chop so low and fast, oh boy, I want to switch to the DG after every single one of his videos.

:hai:

Wait, I'm confused a bit - I thought DG usually stands for Dornenglanz around here. Do you want that or Dtecs?

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2022, 13:22 
Super User

pgpg wrote:
notfound123 wrote:
I know this is an old old thread but I couldn't resist.... I've been following Hiraya Koudai for quite some time. He is sponsored by Tibhar and (...what a surprise...) has switched to a sponged Dtecs on his BH. It is confirmed that he plays with a 0.9 sponge. Watching him chop so low and fast, oh boy, I want to switch to the Grass Dtecs after every single one of his videos.

:hai:

Wait, I'm confused a bit - I thought DG usually stands for Dornenglanz around here. Do you want that or Dtecs?

You are absolutely right. Someone else used this abbreviation (incorrectly) and it just kinda stuck with me. if anything it should be abbreviated as GD (Grass Dtecs) but then we have Giant Dragon pips...

In any event I tried a 1.2 version of this rubber and it was ridiculously fast. I am sure 0.9 is a bit better but would still be challenging to control for me. In a few weeks after Joola Teams I may revisit and try the 0.5

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next