OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 18:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2018, 23:46 
Super User

Veres Adrian wrote:
Hello from Romania , i am push blocker and for passive blocks SpinLord Dornenglanz is the best on plastic balls

Yes, I've heard/read that Dornenglanz is good for Passive Blocking ...However, availability is a big issue, for me...

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2019, 12:27 
Super User

ootbs wrote:
Veres Adrian wrote:
Hello from Romania , i am push blocker and for passive blocks SpinLord Dornenglanz is the best on plastic balls

Yes, I've heard/read that Dornenglanz is good for Passive Blocking ...However, availability is a big issue, for me...

Where are you located? Tabletennis11.com sells it and they ship to most countries.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2019, 14:30 
Super User

fazer227 wrote:
Where are you located? Tabletennis11.com sells it and they ship to most countries.

Yes, I'm aware of, and have, in the past, ordered from TT11 ... They indeed do ship to most countries... However, shipping costs make it rather prohibitive, since the cost of just the Dornenglanz is way less than €80 (Free Shipping)

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2019, 14:56 
Super User

ootbs wrote:
TTbuddy wrote:
I find the OX version offers good absorption/dampening effect as the pips are quite soft and bend very easily when blocking strong attacks. :up:

Thanks... Ordered the OX version...

Got my 388D ...was very excited, but soon, my excitement turned to despair .... damaged (Beyond repair) part of it, while gluing...By far, the thinnest rubber I've ever come across .... At around $6.5, rubber is on the cheaper side, so didn't feel that big a pinch...

It still seemed playable, but only for practice... I'm sure, a tournament referee wouldn't allow it... ... Played with it, for a bit... First impressions - Nothing special.... Will surely give it another shot...

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2019, 02:11 
Super User

Blade: XVT Balsa Carbon 10mm all
FH: Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
BH: Globe 979 OX
If you stick the rubber together when gluing, you can unstick easily using acetone, without damage or altering.

Cpen SOS Wood / 4H 729 802-40 2.0 / BH GD Talon use righthanded shakehand grip
HARDBAT / Shakehand Hock 3 ply / Friendship Dr Evil OX .. Play Right-handed

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2019, 21:34 
Super User

LOOPOVER wrote:
If you stick the rubber together when gluing, you can unstick easily using acetone, without damage or altering.

I was trying to get rid of a bubble....

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2019, 23:00 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
ootbs wrote:
LOOPOVER wrote:

I was trying to get rid of a bubble....

Prick it with a needle. And yes, Dawei 388d is pretty hard to glue.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2019, 02:39 
Super User

Blade: XVT Balsa Carbon 10mm all
FH: Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
BH: Globe 979 OX
When I get a bubble I just press down with my fingers for a few seconds, usually works.

Cpen SOS Wood / 4H 729 802-40 2.0 / BH GD Talon use righthanded shakehand grip
HARDBAT / Shakehand Hock 3 ply / Friendship Dr Evil OX .. Play Right-handed

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2019, 16:11 

Blade: Kokutaku Ice&Fire
FH: Yasaka Rakza 7
BH: Dr. Neubauer Desperado 2
Also you can try Bomb Talent , on ABS balls , it shines! Trust Me!

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2019, 15:11 
Super User

ootbs wrote:
ootbs wrote:
TTbuddy wrote:
I find the OX version offers good absorption/dampening effect as the pips are quite soft and bend very easily when blocking strong attacks. :up:

Thanks... Ordered the OX version...

Got my 388D ...was very excited, but soon, my excitement turned to despair .... damaged (Beyond repair) part of it, while gluing...By far, the thinnest rubber I've ever come across .... At around $6.5, rubber is on the cheaper side, so didn't feel that big a pinch...

It still seemed playable, but only for practice... I'm sure, a tournament referee wouldn't allow it... ... Played with it, for a bit... First impressions - Nothing special.... Will surely give it another shot...

Yippeeeeee.....!!!!!!

My world is filled with, Rainbows and strawberries , once again ... Here's the skinny ...

So, I had set aside the entire setup, thinking that I had damaged the 388D, while gluing.. Even upon close inspecting, it seemed that I had bent and damaged the pips, while trying to get rid of a bubble, while guing...

So, I thought, I'd take-off the seemingly damaged 388D, and glue a new CK531A OX, I've had lying around... Upon taking off the 388D, , and observing the smooth backside of the rubber, I realised that the rubber had indeed stuck together, just as Loopover suspected... But, weirdly, from the pips-side, it looked as if the pips were bent and damaged, beyond repair.. A few drops of acetone later, the rubber was as good as new... Despair turned to delight ..... I glued it, right back, and later, that evening, I played with it, and boy oh boy, is this LP, tricky to play against, or what ...

Now, I've played with this rubber, before, with a pal's setup (an old Yasaka hinoki blade), and found it very okayísh ... Same, when I played with it, on my own setup (thinking it was damaged) ... Infact, even with my blade, it seemed rubbish ... Perhaps, it was not glued properly, the first-time around ... This time around, it was a very different story... I don't know the composition of the GKI Euro-XX blade, but it's on the slower side, stiff, and rather linear ... Seems like a good match for the 388D...

Now, I've always felt that the 388D is capable of decent reversal, and weird effects, but this time around, it reached some crazy levels, at times... Last evening, I was playing with an opponent, who has, by far, the spinny'est serves, loaded with an insane amount of side-spin/back-spin, which would win him outright points, even against high-level players.. With the 388D - no problem ... I could return the serve back, with the same amount of side-spin topsin, which he would push or hit way long... A couple of times, my opponents, got beaten cause they misread the trajectory of the ball, due to a wobble/knuckle-ball... ooh.... and chopping, against a topspin, when away from the table (3-5ft), produced above-average backspin, even with my miserable chopping skills...

I'm not sure if this rubber is easily to control, but I think, I got away, due to slow blade...

All-in-all, I think, atleast for next several days, this is going to be my primary setup...

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2019, 18:50 

Perhaps the few drops of acetone changed the rubber properties making it more funky, weird
:lol: :lol:

Forehand: MXP
Backhand: Grass Dtecs, Tsp P3 Alpha
--------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2019, 17:18 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
I get these effects on my Balsa blade with 388d ox according to opponents,looking at trying 2 glue sheets under it for chopping is my next ej experiment hope the wobble is still strong when blocking

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2019, 20:53 
Super User

dazzler wrote:
I get these effects on my Balsa blade with 388d ox according to opponent

I have the 388D-1 (OX) on my XVT 10mm balsa .... It's pretty hard for me to control ... Hence, I'm not sure, if the 388D would be any different, on a balsa.. Strangely, after a bit, I found it easier to control the Pogo OX (a supposedly faster LP,) on the same Balsa blade...

dazzler wrote:
looking at trying 2 glue sheets under it for chopping is my next ej experiment hope the wobble is still strong when blocking

err... I could be wrong, but wouldn't you prefer a bit more dwell time, for chopping ? and wouldn't a balsa + dual glue-sheet be rather stiff for chopping ?

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2019, 06:12 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
My Black balsa 3.0 is only 4.2mm thick so flexier than Defplay and different to your XVT blade,hoping the pips will hold the ball better with the glue sheets for chopping strokes rather than using a 0.5 sponge and losing the excellent blocking effects of the ox 388d

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2019, 14:55 
Super User

dazzler wrote:
My Black balsa 3.0 is only 4.2mm thick so flexier than Defplay and different to your XVT blade,hoping the pips will hold the ball better with the glue sheets for chopping strokes rather than using a 0.5 sponge and losing the excellent blocking effects of the ox 388d

Didn't know that Balsa could also be flexble .... Also, I always thought that glue-sheet make the blade seem stiffer... Anyway, hope it works-out for you....Do let us know...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!